Photo

2011 Shn Paybacks

Has anyone gotten a check yet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
536 replies to this topic

#1 Sue

Sue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

I was speaking with a friend whose horse is qualified for a 2011 SHN Payback check and she has heard nothing... just wondered if anyone else has gotten their payback check yet...?

Charming Meadow Farm, proud breeder of National Champions Klint Black+++/, Rakhassa Bey++++//, Summer Wind Bey+//, Jebediah Black+ and Top Ten Winners Kholela Bey+++//, Black Magyk+ and Ammiraj.

2012 USEF Arabian Horse Breeder of the Year
www.klintblack.com

#2 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Tell your friend good luck...my personal experience with the program since Laura took over has been less than stellar...I never got my money back from a breeding. Among other issues with the program-research some threads on ABN and I believe you will have a clearer picture of what I mean....

Remember the days when Peggy was running it and the prize money was over $50000 and paid out quickly.....
If you have to write your ethics rules down, you've already lost

STARLING "STAR" DEVERICKS

CORDEACE (Sir Fames HBV x OFW Shah Amber) AHA 2007 Chestnut Filly

SKIPPA SPORTIN ASHA (Skippa Gold Policy x Sportin The Moves) AQHA 2007 Sooty Buckskin Filly

MORGAN (rescue QH) Bay Mare Babysitter to the Brats and hater of fly masks!

#3 allanglos

allanglos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Wow, you just can't stop trying to smear something that is of benefit and FREE to Arabian Sport Horse breeders and owners. You were not eligible for any money per the rules of SHN Payback. Trying to make it appear otherwise is selfish on your part.

And "Peggy" never "ran" SHN Payback and I never "took over".

Now, instead of spreading more lies (lord knows I and Payback have been the target of many outlandish ones) and negativity, the checks will go out as soon as the IRS forms are returned to us from the winnners.
Email me

The Inverted Y
National Champion Anglo Arabians since 1977

www.allanglos.net

#4 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Wow, you just can't stop trying to smear something that is of benefit and FREE to Arabian Sport Horse breeders and owners. You were not eligible for any money per the rules of SHN Payback. Trying to make it appear otherwise is selfish on your part.

And "Peggy" never "ran" SHN Payback and I never "took over".

Now, instead of spreading more lies (lord knows I and Payback have been the target of many outlandish ones) and negativity, the checks will go out as soon as the IRS forms are returned to us from the winnners.

:lol: Get over yourself Laura.. I'm not the one who smeared Payback...that feat rests solely on your shoulders. How is it a benefit to breeders and Arabians when
it isn't doing what it is supposed to do. Like payback the winnings. It isn't free-it cost me $575 for what. You offer a live foal guarantee-I have no foal.
You drug Paggy's name thru the mud-and yet the CPA report shows no wrongdoing. You refuse to answer any question about the inner workings of payback-no real by-laws,why is the payback showing not in good standing with the state of Maryland...oh I could just go on and on and on......

SKIPPA SPORTIN ASHA (Skippa Gold Policy x Sportin The Moves) AQHA 2007 Sooty Buckskin Filly

#5 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

A little light reading for those who missed this fiasco:

http://forums.arabia...n-payback-2010/

http://forums.arabia...ge__hl__payback

#6 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

Is a public account ever made of how much money came in to the program ( in detail) and to which horses it's paid out ( and in detail ) ? I personally
encountered an "irregular " ( for lack of better word ) experience, so don't donate my stallion anymore .... which by the way always sold immediately.
The concept of the program is a great one, but am not sure it's implemented in the best way for the stallion owners....JMO

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#7 pegasus

pegasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

Unless something has changed with the IRS, 1099s are filled out by the issuer of the money and sent to the receiver with copies to the IRS. I always sent them with the checks to save postage. Since no prize money was paid out in 2011, those 1099s aren't due to recipients until next January.

Laura, you can't be surprised by the rumors and speculation. And legitimate questions as to what is going on with the money. It is January, 4 months after the show.

I've gotten a lot of inquiries, which I refer to the website. Answers from Payback have ranged from a death in someone's family, to we are just volunteers who have busy lives, to we are waiting for drug tests (wait a minute, there were no drug tests).

If you don't feel as though you should be accountable to the general public or the prize winners, to whom do you think you should be?

#8 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

I did a bit of research on when the payouts have been paid in the past.
Seems like in 2009 they were paid in October-there was a delay because of scoring issues....
In 2010 someone posted they has received their check around the first week of January.....
2011 checks still have not been received......as of 1/22/2012

I would be interested to know if you have already received your payback check Laura, and when that was......

#9 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

For crying out loud, do they or don't they have the money for payouts? And what I say won't count b/c I'm Peggy's friend.........LOL
Angelique

Russian Roulett+
http://russianroulett.net/Tribute.html
2003/2004 HOTY Region 2 Jumper
2005 Special Recognition/Ambassador Award
2006 winner of Senior Masters/ Accumulator (twice)
2007 18 Division Championships, 2 reserves 2 open speed wins
2008 retires --- #65 in the Centennial '100' countdown
2011 - retired at Stone Hollow Sport Horses

#10 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

This probably should have been started as a HOT TOPIC. I'm not on anyone "team" on this one, but when all the payback issues started in 2010, I found to never get a "PUBLIC" straight answer for activities and actions taken by the BOD.

I'm for cleaning house on this one, if the general public can't get answers from the BOD.

LIZ--thanks for sharing your perspective as a "breed donation" stallion owner.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold