Photo

2012 Region 17 Select Stallion Auction & Futurity!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Kristine

Kristine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

The boarder is fine. Many stallions ship from Canada all the time.

Shelley, I am sorry that you did not receive fair treatment from the members of Region 17. It is embarrasing for those of us who disagree how it was handled and reside in this region.

K
Proudly a slave for Psyfawn, Ceara, and Black Horse

#32 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

The boarder is fine. Many stallions ship from Canada all the time.

Shelley, I am sorry that you did not receive fair treatment from the members of Region 17. It is embarrasing for those of us who disagree how it was handled and reside in this region.

K

Thank you Kristine. I know you are not alone. Many people in your region have voiced that very same opinion. It is a shame that what should have been a very simple matter has cast the Region 17 stallion auction in such a negative light. I am really sorry for the stallion owners who have donated and supported the program, only to have this kind of negative publicity and I'm sorry that I am the one speaking out. But I believe that others who may consider buying a breeding should know what to expect.

I hate to say it, but I really think this is a program best suited for purchasers in Region 17 or 18 only. Trying to sell breedings to the US, and then getting stuck as I have been, is not reasonable and nobody wants to go through this grief. It's enough grief just trying to get mares in foal sometimes! Who needs more breeding related stress?!
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#33 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

So after exploring all options yesterday, and finding none short of waiting a minimum of another 15 days, I went to deposit the check into my local credit union and was told it will cost $12.50 for them to process it (convert Canadian to US funds).
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#34 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Okay - final result: On August 7, 2011, I paid 861.76 to Region 17 Select Stallion Auction for a breeding to Piast PASB, Amanda Ubell's stallion. On May 15, 2012 I was notified by Amanda Ubell that she would not make Piast available to me for breeding. After hours and hours of letter writing, I finally received a checkin Canadian funds from Region 17, which I deposited in my account. The check has finally cleared. After Region 17 had the benefit of my money for 13 months, and after Region 17 breached it's contract to me, I was refunded $815.84. I find that grossly unfair.
CA and SCID negative.