Photo

2012 Region 17 Select Stallion Auction & Futurity!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#11 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Still no refund...
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#12 Laura

Laura

Laura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Oh dear.................

#13 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Very disappointed to report that I still have not received any money. Moreover, I finally received a letter today that states very clearly that Region 17 will not refund me 100% of what I paid and that if I don't like it, I can sue them in Canada. Well, they're wrong about that but the point I would like to make for all of you US citizens is that you are very vulnerable to having the same thing and worse happen to you. The Canada vs. US jurisdiction is a choice of law issue/analysis that is very complicated and labor intensive so if you were to find yourselves in the same situation I am in, you would have to hire a lawyer (unless you are one) to analyze and brief that issue/argument for you - A VERY EXPENSIVE ISSUE. Thus, for those who may considering buying a breeding in the future, consider yourselves warned. I never for one moment thought that Region 17 wouldn't do the right thing but I was wrong. Again, consider yourselves warned.

And as for Amanda, she is about as untrustworthy as they come. She freely took a year's worth of free advertising, screwed me, and then just blew me off.

I am NOT a happy nor satisfied customer.

And people wonder why the Arabian world gets so much bad publicity.
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#14 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Very disappointed to report that I still have not received any money. Moreover, I finally received a letter today that states very clearly that Region 17 will not refund me 100% of what I paid and that if I don't like it, I can sue them in Canada. Well, they're wrong about that but the point I would like to make for all of you US citizens is that you are very vulnerable to having the same thing and worse happen to you. The Canada vs. US jurisdiction is a choice of law issue/analysis that is very complicated and labor intensive so if you were to find yourselves in the same situation I am in, you would have to hire a lawyer (unless you are one) to analyze and brief that issue/argument for you - A VERY EXPENSIVE ISSUE. Thus, for those who may considering buying a breeding in the future, consider yourselves warned. I never for one moment thought that Region 17 wouldn't do the right thing but I was wrong. Again, consider yourselves warned.

And as for Amanda, she is about as untrustworthy as they come. She freely took a year's worth of free advertising, screwed me, and then just blew me off.

I am NOT a happy nor satisfied customer.

And people wonder why the Arabian world gets so much bad publicity.

Over $900 !!

Don't blame the Arabian world, leave the blame where it belongs- on the individuals who do not deal honestly.

#15 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Over $900 !!

Don't blame the Arabian world, leave the blame where it belongs- on the individuals who do not deal honestly.

No, it's less than $900 but they (Region 17) are not willing to pay me what I paid them, which is contrary to the law since I am the nonbreaching party. It is disappointing to me that they use their geographic location to their advantage, creating a disadvantage for the person who was the victim. Given their failure to do the right thing knowing they are/were dealing with a lawyer, I can only speculate as to how they would take advantage over someone without the same level of legal knowledge and who couldn't argue with/stand up to their lawyer. Pretty sad.

And as for putting the blame where it belongs, I agree. It clearly lies with Region 17 and Amanda Ubell and Renee Lupien-Smulan. But this is not the first time that someone has been taken advantage of in the horse industry - or even on this forum. There are threads filled with stories of unscrupulous characters and it is very discouraging.

On the other hand, there are people in this industry that you can do business with just on their word, and I have done so. If only we could push out the riff-raff and keep the trustwrorthy ones...
CA and SCID negative.

#16 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've lost so much money to bad business in horses. I've gotten royally screwed. I wish I'd known Dowedoit back then. I might've had more confidence to peruse getting my money back.

#17 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

No, it's less than $900 but they (Region 17) are not willing to pay me what I paid them, which is contrary to the law since I am the nonbreaching party. It is disappointing to me that they use their geographic location to their advantage, creating a disadvantage for the person who was the victim. Given their failure to do the right thing knowing they are/were dealing with a lawyer, I can only speculate as to how they would take advantage over someone without the same level of legal knowledge and who couldn't argue with/stand up to their lawyer. Pretty sad.

And as for putting the blame where it belongs, I agree. It clearly lies with Region 17 and Amanda Ubell and Renee Lupien-Smulan. But this is not the first time that someone has been taken advantage of in the horse industry - or even on this forum. There are threads filled with stories of unscrupulous characters and it is very discouraging.

On the other hand, there are people in this industry that you can do business with just on their word, and I have done so. If only we could push out the riff-raff and keep the trustwrorthy ones...

LOL- I meant that to dick someone around over $900 seems pointless- It isn't nothing, but it isn't thousands either. Why bother? Easier to pay.

#18 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

One last thing - I want to apologize for my outspokenness to all the stallion owners who have donated a breeding to Region 17 who would never in a million years behave the way Amanda did. I am sorry that Region 17 did not make this right on behalf of Amanda, thereby bringing such negativity to an auction in which you have so generously donated breedings. I am sorry for speaking out, but I am speaking the truth and I believe it needs to be said. Unfortunately, those of you who have donated a breeding(s) and whom operate with ethics and integrity, are losing much more than I lost (not only the value of you stallion breeding, but your time and generosity) and for that I am sorry.
CA and SCID negative.

#19 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Maybe the stallion owners who participated should let the auction know that they are not happy about how it is run.

#20 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Maybe the stallion owners who participated should let the auction know that they are not happy about how it is run.

I know of one who plans to pull their horses out and tell the auction committee why that is!!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com