151 replies to this topic

#1 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

Well, my dream horse has finally made it home, last week, I got to pick up Latte. She made the long journey from Michigan all the way to the west coast of Canada! I wanted to thank American Horse Transport for taking such good care of my girl.

I bought her in winter Addis sale in December, she is two and a half years old, 16 hands, a power house and she is drop dead gorgeous! her sire is VCP Magnifire and she is out of a gorgeous Dutch Harness mare. I bought her for dressage, she is just an outrageous mover :) I litterally stand there with my mouth hanging open drooling over her. I can't believe she is in my barn, FINALLY I have at least a half arabian, I am so, so, so happy and so over the moon!!

Just thought I'd share, I feel like a little kid

Her Sire VCP Magnifire

• Scott Jaindl likes this
Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#2 Graustarkian

Graustarkian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, dancing.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Very nice! DHH and Standardbreds are my two favorite crosses with Arabians. Their movement is extraordinary (: Congrats!!
  • spiritthyme likes this
Kelly Brown

...flying, singing, writing, wierdo

#3 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

She is an INCREDIBLE mover!! I love how light and playful she is. Now to just get THAT u/s!! You are going to have a ball with her. Can't wait to see updates.

#4 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

congrats
so glad you picked this one

#5 Mortazavi Farms

Mortazavi Farms

Advanced Member

• Platinum Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Wowza! Can you imagine the sitting trot on her?

Stacy Mortazavi

Posted Image

Herd Dispersal Sale, offering several quality horses available for breeding, show and family/trail stock and prospects.

#6 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Thanks guys :) this is one horse that I can honestly say that old video doesn't do her justice. She is such an outrageous mover, and she has tons of bone. I walk up to the barn in the morning and she looks at you and she just has this presence, looks so much like her sire, but huge and thicker. Gorgeous clean correct legs, excellent feet, never had shoes.

LOL! she looks like she is at least 18 hands in her stall, her neck is like a telescope, she is so hingy her neck is thin and beautiful. I know she was bred for saddleseat, but wowza I think she is going to be a terrific sport horse. Going to need velro on my saddle for this one :)

Okay, no more gushing :wub: I can't believe she is mine!!!!!!!
  • JoAnnHarlan likes this
Sonya

#7 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

That is going to be a LOT of horse to ride! Are you going to start her yourself or let someone else be the brave one? LOL! Those SS type horses seem so much bigger with the high neck sets don't they?

#8 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Nope, Im going to do it all, I've started some nut jobs in my life, and this one actually is going to be easy. I am going to break her to drive, it's so good for them. By the time you get on them they already really know what they are doing. She is full of herself lol! her name should have been Diva.

What's kind of neat about her is she is a bluffer, she is super snorty, but majorly brave. I put one of those Giant horse balls in her paddock, she was scared but just powered right up to it, she is pretty gutsy. when you actually push her forward she just opens up, combs the ground with her noes, she has 20 foot stride, she's honestly a bit lazy.

She has never had a blanket on and she is now wearing one. I "thought" if she was going to be naughty and silly this would be the time. I went slow, let her smell it and she just stood rock solid, like she had done it her enitre life.

Her personality is fun, playful, very happy horse, snorty, but very managable, super light, Im not worried. LOL! famous last words right :D
  • loriwoo likes this
Sonya

#9 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • Interests:Horses, hunting, fishing...anything outdoors!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

WOW! She's AWESOME! Congratulations on your new girl! There were quite a few exceptional horses in that sale....I got my Western mare and I can't believe I ended up with such an absolute gem!

You're going to have so much fun together! Can't wait for updates! :)
  • dowedoit likes this

#10 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

WOW! She's AWESOME! Congratulations on your new girl! There were quite a few exceptional horses in that sale....I got my Western mare and I can't believe I ended up with such an absolute gem!

You're going to have so much fun together! Can't wait for updates! :)

I saw your girl, what a NICE mare, didn't it just feel like the best Christmas ever? I mean..... what can beat buying yourself the greatest gift like a horse?

It was so out of character, but I was honestly so smitten with this mare, I was willing to just close my eyes and go for it. I was 90% certain I would be outbid, but I was willing to go as far as I could. I was sweating and already two glasses of wine in by the time she came up for bidding. Best gamble ever!
Sonya

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Utijna, Magnifire, Magnilatte, Dutch Harness, Dressage, Addis, VCP Magnifire