Photo

LOOKING FOR STALLION

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#91 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

If you're wanting CMK go take a look at Dr. David Ward's herd (Fairview Arabian Stud). He has many colts & stallions -  all very nice horses. I was overwhelmed when I went for a visit and had a hard time picking out favs because they are all so similar and very good quality horses. They had nice temperaments as well.

His facebook page and website don't do the horses justice and don't even begin to show the extent of his herd. I toured 8 different properties in 1 day and looked at over 100 horses. I wish I had taken more pics and a notebook! Now I have to go back again :)

http://fairviewarabianstud.com/

Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#92 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

and on Aldebars Treasure i think he found a home 

http://forums.arabia...his-year/page-4

i have contacted david ward about 1 stallion that i am interested in 

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#93 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

As far as I know that sale fell through and Dawn has him back. Dawn had him posted for sale last week. Contact Dawn Visser for details.

I just saw a post where Airwalker was talking about gelding the ONE stallion she owns ( the Sabino with the blue eye) so she did not keep Treasure.

ETA: Yes, Dawn Visser owns Treasure and currently has him for sale.

Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#94 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:01 AM

I have a weanling CMK colt in MO. His photos are on the second page of the Trueblue Goldmine+++// post in this section. His sire is 85% Crabbet (*Silver Vanity sireline), and he is out of a mare of Al-Marah breeding (double Dreamazon, double AM Canadian Beau). He's well built and pretty, too :)

NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES ( http://nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com ) standing:

OSIRION (Omar Saaliim x Mysteekh by Ibn El Mareekh) - 2011 grey Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion

breeders of SE and CMK Arabians of classic type, beauty and movement

#95 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Aldebars Treasure does still need a home, the original contract between Dawn and me was for a trial lease. And I decided that I do not want to own stallions period, let alone 2! I believe he will be gelded and retired to pasture if he has not found a home by the end of summer, more than fair for him if he wont be getting used much. He has been easy to live with, easy keeper, sweet like a gelding but shy at first. Can be pastured with mares, open or bred (nobody in heat of course) and they get along just fine. He has babysat young colts too! He is just as pretty now as his pictures show in his younger years, I think the only place you can see his age really is in his eyes. He has the been there done that look! I really like him but decided I am getting my old gelding back, gelding Maverick and just gonna buy outside breedings when I want to breed. Its not the stallions themselves that were really the problem, more so the logistics of who can go where and whatnot.

Home of: Unforgettable Fame (Rough Justice x Madam Mouselle) Purebred Arabian Stallion
Aur Afire (Aur Farwa x Basks Fashion) & Aubra (Unforgettable Fame x Aur Afire) 2015 Bay sabino filly!!
Wictorya (Andrzejevo x Walhalla) Pure polish from the ever important "W" polish dam line! (pronounced Victoria) to be bred to Constantene (EcahoxAmelia) for a 2016 foal

ROL First Fantacy (First Cyte x Socyety Girl) RPSI Approved Purebred BLACK Arabian mare!!
And last but not least Boomer, grade arabian cross, my very first horse, coming home from lease in a few short months!

#96 Airwalker

Airwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

i've looked at AHA but i am specifically looking for CMK/Crabbet breeding as much % as possible and haven't found what i am looking for and Aldebars Treasure i think there are stipulations with the purchase

Dawn is SUPER nice, we have talked extensively. She was really hoping (I was as well) that I would keep Treasure forever. She was super understanding when I broke down and decided I just couldn't handle stallions. She is super easy to talk to also. She was burned once with regards to Treasure not being fully paid for and doesn't want that to happen again; which is why there are stipulations.

Treasure is FUN to ride, for me its a tad scary because its been a long time since I have ridden and I have always been told stallions would kill you as soon as look at you..... My grandmother doesn't like studs, period; and tells me regularly that they are going to kill me. Really boosts the confidence..... But Treasure has been nothing short of easy to ride, intimidating for someone new to riding stallions but cool at the same time. They really puff up and just try to look fabulous when working! Treasure has a really neat slow canter that I just love. And an easy to sit trot (I thought) Now that my mares are not on the same property as the stallions its like I have 2 very pretty geldings!

I honestly just want to go back to the simple horse life where I tossed everyone out into a field and let them roam. I don't want to deal with stallion paddocks being made, fencing issues, etc on my new property. Its enough trouble to just get the first pasture up. And its still not completely cleaned out yet.

Home of: Unforgettable Fame (Rough Justice x Madam Mouselle) Purebred Arabian Stallion
Aur Afire (Aur Farwa x Basks Fashion) & Aubra (Unforgettable Fame x Aur Afire) 2015 Bay sabino filly!!
Wictorya (Andrzejevo x Walhalla) Pure polish from the ever important "W" polish dam line! (pronounced Victoria) to be bred to Constantene (EcahoxAmelia) for a 2016 foal

ROL First Fantacy (First Cyte x Socyety Girl) RPSI Approved Purebred BLACK Arabian mare!!
And last but not least Boomer, grade arabian cross, my very first horse, coming home from lease in a few short months!

#97 PleasantNightsArabians

PleasantNightsArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

Op, what is the age range you are looking for? Would you consider yearlings? I know you are looking for CMK, but would you consider CMK/domestic lines?
Shadeed DA~2010 Chestnut stallion (Amir Shaklan [Om El Shahmaan x Adiqa Badeia] x Macarena Brahima [Sidi-Brahim x MA Halima Rouge])
PN Alrouhanih~2014 Grey colt (Mirage V++++// x Forrevermore)
Forrevermore~2006 Bay mare (Dark Alibi [Alada Baskin] x Carismor [GG Jabask])
Fiyaero SRA~2008 Grey mare (*Ecaho x Magenta PA [Magyar {Negatraz}])

#98 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Re: Aldebars Treasure---ad just posted 35 minutes ago, here.  

http://phoenix.craig...4868085983.html

Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art

#99 OHR

OHR

lonely heart

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

wow nothing???

Possibly because you aren't getting any more PM's?

:bigemo_harabe_net-135:   :(