Photo

Need to know.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#11 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

With both mares you're going to have to really feed them up and condition them a LOT to be competitive. It's tough with 'older' mares, say over 5 because they tend to be more out of shape from having babies and such. Once you have them fed up and in condition, go for it with both of them, MR & SH, it's a great way to have fun with your girls and it really gives them something new to look at.

Pat Lowe

#12 KnightsRose

KnightsRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Also I was told (by the same lady) that sport horse in hand classes are for 5yrs and under only, is that true? As you can see I am new to showing on the arab circuit or USDF. :) thought I would double check everything to make sure she wasn't trying to screw me over. Thanks for the rules :)
Breeding perfection with beauty, brains, and agilty like you've never seen before, an ARABIAN
Knights Rose Equestrian Park
Roy, WA

#13 KnightsRose

KnightsRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

With both mares you're going to have to really feed them up and condition them a LOT to be competitive. It's tough with 'older' mares, say over 5 because they tend to be more out of shape from having babies and such. Once you have them fed up and in condition, go for it with both of them, MR & SH, it's a great way to have fun with your girls and it really gives them something new to look at.

The chestnut is actually on a diet she had a foal this year and got really fat I mean even after she had the foal she kept gaining weight. The bay her photo is alittle older she went on beet pulp and fatty grain :) she actually looks good while pregnant haha :) they both need a lot of conditioning.
Breeding perfection with beauty, brains, and agilty like you've never seen before, an ARABIAN
Roy, WA

#14 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

Person's got a MAJOR axe to grind, doesn't she? Wouldn't be so bad if she were even close to correct.

Here's the list of ALL the in hand classes at SHN this year, notice there is NO upper age limit.

SPORT HORSE Division

40 Arabian Sport Horse Mares In-Hand Championship......................................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

44 Arabian Sport Horse Mares In-Hand ATH Championship ...........................................................................Harrison, Pinckney.................................... $175

372 Arabian Yearling Sport Horse Fillies In-Hand Championship.......................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

371 Arabian Yearling Sport Horse Colts/Geldings In-Hand Championship........................................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

47 Arabian Sport Horse Stallions In-Hand Championship ................................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

51 Arabian Sport Horse Stallions In-Hand ATH Championship.......................................................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

54 Arabian Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand Championship.................................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

58 Arabian Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand ATH Championship ......................................................................Pinckney, Harrison..................................... $175

476 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Sport Horse Mares In-Hand Championship..................................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

480 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Sport Horse Mares In-Hand ATH Championship........................................Harrison, Pinckney.................................... $175

374 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Yearling Sport Horse Fillies In-Hand Championship...................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

373 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Yearling Sport Horse Colts/Geldings In-Hand Championship....................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

485 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Sport Horse Stallions In-Hand Championship.............................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

489 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Sport Horse Stallions In-Hand ATH Championship...................................Pinckney, Harrison..................................... $175

495 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand Championship.............................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

499 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand ATH Championship...................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

599 Arabian 2 Year Old Sport Horse Colts In-Hand Championship....................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

600 Arabian 2 Year Old Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand Championship..............................................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

601 Arabian 2 Year Old Sport Horse Fillies In-Hand Championship...................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

602 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian 2 Year Old Sport Horse Colts In-Hand Championship................................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

603 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian 2 Year Old Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand Championship..........................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ............................ $175

604 Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian 2 Year Old Sport Horse Fillies In-Hand Championship...............................Morgan -Stasiak , Ayers............................ $175

1026 Sport Horse In-Hand Supreme Champion ......................................................................................................Ayers, Morgan -Stasiak ...........................None

(Champions from all Sport Horse In-Hand classes may show in this class.)

1366 Sport Horse 2 year old In-Hand Supreme ........................................................................................

Pat Lowe

#15 KnightsRose

KnightsRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

The newest photo of my bay mare (back socks) was taken 11/9/11 she is 190+ days pregnant still needs conditioning ;) lol and here is another of my stallion (all bay no white) these were all taken before they were put on a high quality grain and beet pulp :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 20111117132351-1.jpg
  • 2011 2-1.jpg
  • 20111117132351-1.jpg

Roy, WA

#16 KnightsRose

KnightsRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

thanks a ton DreamCatcher :) yeah this lady has some mayjor issuses and at first I was just being young and new to all this but the more and more I listened to her the more and more I felt like something was wrong and I guess I was just all excited about a mentor finally but I have desided to no longer listen to her. I am starting to understand the rumors I have heard about her now. She even said ground driving was a waste of training just get on and ride it out she said with me and my stallion.... erm NO! I do a LOT of ground work with MY horses... esspecially my stallion. And she keeps calling him dangerous cause the ONE day she was over he was acting up and full of energy on a beautiful september day... he wanted to play like I do with him (Pat Parelli training) and she said it was dangerous he should be gelded before he hurts someone or kills them and I never should have bred him. The list goes on and it just didn't add up anymore so I came back to my favorite arabian breeders forums with REAL arabian breeders and showers :D like you. ;) thanks a ton.
Roy, WA

#17 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

thanks a ton DreamCatcher :) yeah this lady has some mayjor issuses and at first I was just being young and new to all this but the more and more I listened to her the more and more I felt like something was wrong and I guess I was just all excited about a mentor finally but I have desided to no longer listen to her. I am starting to understand the rumors I have heard about her now. She even said ground driving was a waste of training just get on and ride it out she said with me and my stallion.... erm NO! I do a LOT of ground work with MY horses... esspecially my stallion. And she keeps calling him dangerous cause the ONE day she was over he was acting up and full of energy on a beautiful september day... he wanted to play like I do with him (Pat Parelli training) and she said it was dangerous he should be gelded before he hurts someone or kills them and I never should have bred him. The list goes on and it just didn't add up anymore so I came back to my favorite arabian breeders forums with REAL arabian breeders and showers :D like you. ;) thanks a ton.

LOL! I HATE to think what she's say of my stallions when they are full of P&V! We play a lot, Parelli games and non-Parelli games. We all enjoy them and it gives me something to do with the babies before they're really ready to train. I tend to be 1/2 way in between the jump on and ride 'em til they drop and the Parelli emphasis on ground work. I do a certain amount but then I get on and ride until they see things my way. I would NEVER go on someone's property and diss their horses. I won't diss horses on this board, I don't CARE what I think of any of them, good bad or indifferent, somebody loves these guys and there's no need to be hateful. And since pics can be soooooo very deceiving, I absolutley won't tell you your horse are or are not breeding quality from those pics, not unless I saw them first hand and even then I'd probably be hesitant to actually say they weren't breeding quality!

So ask what you want, if I don't know it I'll say so and someone else can chime in or I'll go find the rules and copy them like I did. That's the only way we learn.

Pat Lowe

#18 KnightsRose

KnightsRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Her thing she wouldn't listen very well was that I know my horses aren't very typey, but we are sport horses and do dressage extreme type isn't what I want. And she kept dissing how "stocky" or not typey they were... I was repeting over and over that I am sport horse... uh hello pull the sh*t out of your ears. Lol. I NEVER diss a horse unless it is absolutely a poor quality horse and even then I would never say it to their face on their property... I love this site need to be on it more again ;) lol. I know my bay mare has a little crappy of a butt but tail is high and she honnestly just needs muscles. And now I am buying a breeding to Bonne Vivant+++// and she said if I were you I would use someone elses mare cause yours aren't worth it.... we got in a huge fight a week ago over my stallion (haven't talked to her since) my new mare Basks Fashion arrived and my stallion went nuts over her and wouldn't sleep for 2 days just stand at his fence and look at her and call to her all night with some pacing (like a stallion would) well we made it past the 48+ hour mark no signs of sickness so I thought it was time to introduce her to everyone. I got him on a halter and my dad had her on a halter with a high voltage fence between them no problems at all just sniff sniff sniff no screaming no striking nothing exciting. Well my dad walked away and he got a little ansy... so I desided a good time for some work. He did everything I asked but kept looking out the other way towards the new mare. He still listened to me and wasn't throwing a fit and I posted on my racebook about it and she went ape sh*t.... saying he was being dangerous and just cause he did what I asked when I asked doesn't mean he was under control, he was paying attention to her not me. But he did everything I asked without a fight to me that's a horse under control. I stopped trying to fight her and just stopped talking to her... horses look at other things all the time that's doesn't mean they aren't under control....
Roy, WA

#19 mystikalfarms

mystikalfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

When I first read your post I was thinking you meant a rolled leather stable halter. They are allowed on 2 year olds in SHIN. The horses over two must be in a bridle. I see no reason why you can't use your halter, once the chain is adjusted for MR halter. Best of luck!

Focused on breeding intelligent, beautiful, correct and athletic Arabian and Half-Arabian horses!

Mares consist of HF Mister Chips+, Allionce+/, Millennium LOA+ and Say Hey Kid daughters.

Introducing Travelin By U - 2013 Homozygous Black and White Paint colt - future sire of champion half-arabians
www.mystikalfarms.com

#20 Lotus

Lotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Sorry, but I do not think that one fence separating pastures is sufficient to keep your stallion from breeding your mare when she is in heat.

M Huprich

"A good horse can be picked by its general build and appearance. But the mark of a superlative horse-- one that raises no dust and leaves no tracks-- that mark is evanescent and fleeting, as elusive as air. Few eyes remark it." Quote from "The Superlative Horse" by Jean Merrill
Some days my goal is to breed one - other days I just want to see one.