Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

TOI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

ARLENE MAGID
PEDIGREE RESEARCH
Email Arabbits@aol.com

TOI

1968 Great Plains Top Five Mare TOI is one of the Arabian breed's best broodmares, the foundress of a dynasty. Of her 12 foals, 9 are champions, 10 have produced champions, and 6 have produced National winners. Her champions are by 6 different sires, proving that the success of her foals in the show ring had a great deal to do with her prepotence.

TOI's first champion producing daughter is TOLLIE (by MR. McCOY, by THE REAL McCOY). She is the dam of two champions: 1985 Region 7 Top Five English Pleasure JOTR TOLMAN(by FERZON ROYAL) and nine-time National winner TOLLIES CROWN(by CROWN ROYALE, by *BASK++), whose titles include U.S. and Canadian Top Ten Gelding and Pleasure Driving. TOI's daughter MI MOLLIE McCOY++(by THE REAL McCOY) is a 1979 Canadian Top Ten Park winner who is also the 1977 Region 1 English Pleasure Champion and a 1978 Region 3 Top Five Mare and Reserve Champion Park. She had just 2 foals, but both are National winners: 1985 Canadian Reserve National Champion Mare and National Champion producer MI FIRE DREAM (by *BASK++) and 1982 U.S. Top Ten Pleasure Driving HY COUNTRY+(by HY AN GAY+ by THE REAL McCOY). MI FIRE DREAM is the dam of MI FIRE LOVE+//, who has 24 National titles with Top Tens in English Sidesaddle, a Reserve National Championship in Show Hack and multiple National Championships in Native Costume. Another McCOY line champion producer out of TOI is MI STARBRIGHT (by MR. McCOY). She is the dam of halter champion KHEMOSTARA (by KHEMOSABI+++).

TOI's daughter ENDLESS SUMMER(by *ETER) is the 1982 Region 12 Park Champion, as well as a multi-champion at english pleasure and pleasure driving. She had just 3 foals, all of them champions, and all by KHEMOSABI+++: halter champion KHAOTIC, western pleasure champion SUMMER TYME, and 1984 Region 3 Reserve Champion Stallion and Region 2 Reserve Champion English Pleasure KHUTTY SARK(a sire and grandsire of National winners).

TOI's daughter BINT TOI (by *PADRON) is a pleasure driving champion and the dam of 2005 Region 18 Top Five Hunt Hack and Hunter Over Fences MAGNIFFICENT TOI.(by ECHO MAGNIFFICOO) . Another daughter, TOI SUSECION (by CAL O BASK by *BASK++) is the 1989 Region 14 Champion Mare. TOI's son CODE (by the *BASK++ grandson ALZABASK) is a 2002 Region 15 Top Five Native Costume AOTR and 2007 Region 14 Top Five English Pleasure AOTR and Pleasure Driving AOTD winner.

TOI's most famous nick was with *BASK++. Her daughters by him include 1986 Canadian Top Ten Pleasure Driving and 1985 Region 7 Champion English Pleasure TOSKA TOO (a regional winner producer) and MI TOSKA+++, whose 14 National titles ranked her as the top National winning Arabian show mare for many years. Her National wins include Canadian National Champion Mare and Reserve National Champion English Pleasure and Pleasure Driving and U.S. National Champion Pleasure Driving and Reserve National Champion English Pleasure.

MI TOSKA+++ produced 4 champions: halter champion MIMITKA and 1986 Region 7 Top Five Western Pleasure MI KABORR (both by KABORR+++), 1992 Pacific Slope Top Five Western Pleasure TC TOSKA (by *EUROS) and 1989 Canadian Top Ten English Pleasure Junior Horse OPULENCE (by *MUSCAT). MI KABORR sired U.S. Top Ten Working Hunter and Dressage Walk/Trot MI NOBEL KNIGHT. He is also the maternal grandsire of 2011 U.S. National Champion Park MANDALAY BAY, who has 15 National titles and has won the U.S. National Park Championship for the last four years in a row!. MI TOSKA+++ also produced the very successful endurance horse TC EXETER (by *EUROS), who has 1525 career miles in 32 rides with 28 completions and one Best Condition award.

MI TOSKA+++ has founded an important dynasty of National winners through her daughter BINT MI TOSKA (by *NABORR), dam of 4 champions, 2 National winners and 4 producers of National winners. She produced multi-english pleasure champion MATOSKETTE (by ZODIAC MATADOR+) 1991 Region 9 Champion English Pleasure Junior Horse MATAMINT (by ZODIAC MATADOR+) and 2003 Canadian Top Ten Country Pleasure Junior Horse and 2010 U.S. Top Ten Country Pleasure JTR 13/Under DA MI MATOSK (by MATRIFIK), and DA TRIFFIK, whose 5 National titles include two 2011 Canadian National Championships in country pleasure with a junior rider. Her daughter MATOSKA is the dam of U.S. Reserve National Champion Half-Arabian English Pleasure Junior Horse SS RENAGADE, Canadian Top Ten Country Pleasure Junior Horse and U.S. Top Ten Country Pleasure JTR 13/Under DA MI MATOSK and U.S. Top Ten Country Pleasure JOTR 14-17 ROL CYTOSKS ROSE, who is double TOI. Another BINT MI TOSKA daughter, MATTAME(by ZODIAC MATADOR+), is the dam of 2001 Canadian Top Ten Country Pleasure AOTR 40/Over PF BARKBY (by Andreanov). The BINT MI TOSKA daughter MATTATOSKA (by ZODIAC MATADOR+) is the dam of 2010 Canadian Top Ten Country Pleasure AOTR 40/Over LLC MIDNITE EXPRESS. BINT MI TOSKA’s daughter MATOSKA is the dam of 3 National winners by AFIRE BEY V: 2010 Canadian Top Ten Native Costume TOSCAFIRE (by AFIRE BEY V), of 2009 Canadian National Champion English Pleasure AOTR 18-39 and 2010 U.S. National Champion English Pleasure AOTR 18-39 AFIRES REIGN, and of six time National winner AFIRES VISION+, a National Champion in Park, Pleasure Driving and English Pleasure.

TOI produced three significant sons by *BASK++. The first born of these, FIRE DEVIL++, is a Canadian National Champion English Pleasure and U.S. Top Ten Pleasure Driving winner. His 9 National winning get include U.S. Top Ten English Pleasure DIABLO PR, U.S. Reserve National Champion Half-Arabian English Pleasure JOTR 13/Under FLIRTIN WITH FIRE, U.S. National Champion Trail KR MISS FIRE, Canadian Reserve National Champion Pleasure Driving MI MANDATE, and Canadian National Champion English Pleasure AOTR COPPER FIRE PR+, dam of 5 National winners including multi-National Champion English Pleasure CAPT FANTASTIC PR+, twice U.S. Reserve National Champion English Pleasure AOTR ALL-FIRED, U.S. National Champion Training Level Dressage DESPERADO BEY++//, multi-National Champion Show Hack and Top Ten Country Pleasure HUCKLEBEY FIRE+//, and U.S. Reserve National Champion Country Pleasure Walk/Trot COPPERBEY BERRY, herself dam of two 2011 U.S. National winners: Top Ten Country Pleasure Maturity AOTR and Top Ten Country Pleasure Select ATR SUPERNATURAL PR(also a previous Reserve National Champion in English Pleasure and Top Ten winner in Show Hack). COPPERBEY BERRY has produced a total of 3 National winners including U.S. Reserve National Champion Country Pleasure Walk/Trot DANCING FIRE PR
TOI's second son by *BASK++ is 1983 U.S. Top Ten Park and 1989 U.S. Top Ten Stallion MI TOSK++. He has sired 27 purebred and Half-Arabian National winners including Canadian National Champion Park AOTR OBAF+/, multi-National Champion Half-Arabian Western Pleasure TAMAR MI LAREDO, multi-National Champion Half-Arabian Country Pleasure MI DARK STAR, multi-National Champion Half-Arabina Mare MI TOSKEZIA, Canadian National Champion Show Hack JTR TOSKABI, 25 time National winner FLAME ISON (a multi-National Champion in Native Costume and Top Ten winner in English Pleasure), 10 time National winner RSH ROCK MI WORLD+// (a multi National Champion in Country Pleasure Driving)U.S. Reserve National Champion Mare AOTH and Top Ten Mare MI KHEMO LACE, U.S. Top Ten Park and English Pleasure SILVER LINEN SU+/, and U.S. Reserve National Champion English Pleasure and Top Ten Stallion CYTOSK+++, himself a sire of National Champions in halter and performance.
The final *BASK++/TOI son, TOI SOLDIER, was unshown due to an injury. He is the sire of one purebred National winner, 1995 Canadian National Champion Hunt Pleasure JOTR and JTR TOIOTA+/. TOI SOLDIER is primarily known for his Half-Arabian get. He has sired 31 Half-Arabian National winners, among them 12 time National winner SULTANS NEW TOI+/ (a multi National Champion in Country Pleasure and Country Pleasure Driving), 15 time National winner TOI CELEBRITY+// (a multi-National Champion in Pleasure Driving), 8 time National winner BAD MOON RISIN LOA+/ (a National Champion in English Sidesaddle), 7 time National winner CABARRET (a National Champion in Hunt Pleasure), and 10 time National winner MAMBO LOA+// (a multi-National Champion in Country Pleasure).

TOI SOLDIER purebred daughters have been good producers. His daughter TOI ELLENAI produced National winner sire MATS TOI, National Champion producer MATTELLENA (dam of multi-National Champion English Pleasure and Native Costume AFIRES CHARM+), multi U.S. National Champion Park MATOI (sire of 27 purebred and 31 Half-Arabian National winners). Another daughter, JDM PENTOIA, is the dam of . multi-National Champion English Pleasure and Pleasure Driving and National Champion sire JDM RAIN DANCE+// (who has 29 National titles) and multi-National Champion Country Pleasure JDM BALLERINA. The TOI SOLDIER daughter TOI FIRE produced Canadian Reserve National Champion English Pleasure JOTR 17 and Under IROQUOIS CA. Another daughter, BALEEK, is the dam of 11 time National winner in Country Pleasure MOMENTUM LOA and of U.S. National Champion Park AOTR BL IAM A BELIEVER, who has 7 National titles. The TOI SOLDIER daughter MI FAVORITE TOI is the third dam of leading sire *JULLYEN EL JAMAAL, sire of 121 champions and 41 National winners including National Champions in halter, western pleasure and hunt pleasure.

Photo below shows three famous *Bask daughters-Mi Toska+++ on the left, Gardenia in the middle and Fyre Love on the right

Attached Thumbnails

• Mi Toska, Gardenia, Fyre Love.jpg

Posted Image

#2 Five Bays

Five Bays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Mi Starbright was my first Arabian mare. She was bred by Dean and Noy Christofferson. I bought her in 1970 Bob and Pat Mills. I was 15 at the time. I bought a horse before I bought a car. She was a beauty. She had great legs, hooves, and huge eyes. She was very sweet and very laid back, pretty much bomb proof. I showed her in halter which was not easy because she was so quiet. She was a great ride. She had one of the smoothest most natural canters I've ever ridden. She just simply flowed at the canter. She had 3 foals by Fortel, Kaborr, and Khemo. Her daughter Khemostara had 15 foals.

I showed her once in EP at a local show that had Arabian classes when she was in foal to Fortel. She won and I still have the silver trophy.

I leased her to Perieras for two years and they bred her to Kaborr and Khemo. I take credit for khemostara as I urged Periera to breed her to Khemo. She died in 1978 at Mekeel's. She going to be bred to Port Bask. I think she died of EPM but there was nothing definitive.

I had chance to buy one of her granddaughters but I decided not to because the price was pretty high for a horse with no training. Maybe in the future, I'll have that chance again.

Dave

#3 Five Bays

Five Bays

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Toi was by Troy by Niloj. Her dam was by Yatez by Witez II.

Here's Toi's pedigree and a picture of her.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/toi4

Mi Starbright (Star) was by Mr McCoy by The Real McCoy.

I bought Star when she was 5 months old. In 1971, Mi Toska was born. Somewhere, I have a picture of her as a foal. Bod and Pat Mills came to see Star after one of the Arabian shows at Del Mar. They couldn't breed Toi to Bask that year. After seeing Star, they decided to breed her to The Real McCoy. That's how they got Mi Mollie McCoy.I never saw Mi Fire Dream but from her pictures, she looked like a great mare.

The Arabian breed lost a great breeder when Pat Mills committed suicide. She was one of those breeders who had a great eye for a horse. She was always an encouragement to me..

Dave

#4 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Toi was by Troy by Niloj. Her dam was by Yatez by Witez II.

Here's Toi's pedigree and a picture of her.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/toi4

Mi Starbright (Star) was by Mr McCoy by The Real McCoy.

I bought Star when she was 5 months old. In 1971, Mi Toska was born. Somewhere, I have a picture of her as a foal. Bod and Pat Mills came to see Star after one of the Arabian shows at Del Mar. They couldn't breed Toi to Bask that year. After seeing Star, they decided to breed her to The Real McCoy. That's how they got Mi Mollie McCoy.I never saw Mi Fire Dream but from her pictures, she looked like a great mare.

The Arabian breed lost a great breeder when Pat Mills committed suicide. She was one of those breeders who had a great eye for a horse. She was always an encouragement to me..

Dave

Dave-thanks so very much for your personal insights. I did an article many years ago on leading broodmares in Arabian Horse Times and Toi was part of it, but I was not able to locate a photo of her online to use here. It was fun seeing how much influence she has had on the breed.

Do you have any photos of Mi Starbright to share? I have never seen a picture of her and would love to see one.

Did not know that Pat Mills committed suicide. She also had one of my favorite mares Sey Cherie++, a *Serafix granddaughter, and bred her to *Bask++ to get Le Dez++, full brother to The Chief Justice++/. She didn't breed many horses but she certainly knew what she was doing, I have always wondered why she disappeared.

Posted Image

#5 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

My wonderful friend Donna Martino owns Mambo LOA+//. He just earned another National TT in CEP AOTR a couple weeks ago with a gal who is leasing him. I got to ride him when I had my Pinto boarded at Donna's place last year. Love him!!!!

#6 crfarm

crfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I would love to see a pic of both Mi Starbright and Khemostara. My stallion's sire was a Khemostara son by *Moment. He was a multiple halter champion and race winner, track record setter etc. there are not many of this stallion's offspring available.
Stephanie and James Lynn JR
Home of the straight egyptian treasure MCF Nicole (Ruminaja Bahjat x SF Bint Sonbolha) my dream fulfilled

Visit My Website

#7 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

As always, I am a *huge* fan of Arlene's work!!!!

TOI pictured w/foal MI TOI (x Ariston)
Arabian Horse World Sep 1984
Toi&MiToiAhwSep1984.jpg

TOI & MI TOSKA (*Bask x Toi by Troy)
Arabian Horse World April 1983
ToiMiToskaAhwApr1983.jpg

MI TOSK (*Bask x Toi by Troy)
MiTosk.jpg

MATOSKETTE (Zodiac Matador+ x Bint Mi Toska by *Naborr) ~ Dam of AFIRES VISION+/
Ahw Feb 95
318626_219426674781900_100001437069183_6

MISS T (Yatez {*Witez II} x Telmriss by Jedriss) ~ Dam of TOI
MissTDamOfToi.jpg

MI TOSKA+++ (*Bask x Toi by Troy) ~ US National Reserve Champion Pleasure Driving
1974 Arabian Horse Yearbook
162688_141218095936092_100001437069183_2

FIRE DEVIL (*Bask x Toi by Troy)
Ahw Jun 78
168936_149973098393925_100001437069183_3

ENDLESS SUMMER (*Eter x Toi by Troy)
Ahw Dec 82
179053_146223522102216_100001437069183_2

MI TOSK (*Bask x Toi by Troy)
Ahw Jan 1983
MiToskAhwJan1983.jpg

TOSKA TOO (*Bask x Toi by Troy)
The Bask Classic 85 Sale Catalog
168068_147996245258277_100001437069183_3

#8 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

Ann, I know you are a very very busy lady so I didn't want to ask you for photos...figured you had some scanned <grin>

Can't thank you enough for posting all of these photos-I have them all too but not your scanning wizardry!

I'm sure the photos will help people enjoy the article even more.

Posted Image

#9 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

TROY (Niloj {Surran} x Baseyna by Ferseyn) ~ Sire of TOI
Ahw May 1980
Posted Image