Photo

Photo Uploading

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 missouripassage

missouripassage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Am trying to add more photos & threads, but it says I have reached my limit --- it gives me the option to delete photos, but would that remove them from the threads they are on, or just from "my" file here on ABN? Anyone know? I sure don't want to get rid of them off the threads! :(

#2 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yes, everyone has an upload quota for attachments (photos and other "attached" documents), since those have to live on the server's disk indefinitely. The quota goes up for ABN Supporters, but in the end, it's probably easier to store your photos somewhere like Flickr and use the "Insert Image" button to show them in your posts.

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association

#3 missouripassage

missouripassage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Yes, everyone has an upload quota for attachments (photos and other "attached" documents), since those have to live on the server's disk indefinitely. The quota goes up for ABN Supporters, but in the end, it's probably easier to store your photos somewhere like Flickr and use the "Insert Image" button to show them in your posts.

Oh OK, that makes sense! Thanks for the explanation, will try to do more "links" than actual attachments! Enjoying the forum, thanks for your work! :)

#4 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Since this has been getting into various people's way, I upped the limits so that free users have a 50MB quota, ABN Supporters have double that at 100MB, and our Sponsors (site hosting and banners) who help us pay the bills have an unlimited quota. Thanks to all!

Ambar

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association