Photo

Dapple cremello QH mare, reg. - Dream pkg!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 rylolin

rylolin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

:D :D SOLD!

Gammie tested negative for the grey gene.

NEWS FLASH!
Flashy, stout, good-moving qh mare with solid performance QH pedigree & conformation for sale.

Can sell as a 2-in-1 package with a 2012 or 2013 breeding to one of our stallions. Customize your own pkg. with breedings.

She is delightfully sweet, easy to breed, and easy to keep with an unusual, beautiful dappled cremello color - one of the nicest cremello mares I have seen!

Don't miss your opportunity to produce talented and gorgeous palomino or buckskin foals that will win for you and bring you excited buyers!

Or...just get yourself out on the trail in style next year!

Gammie's price with no breedings is $1500. You can add a breeding to your choice of our stallions for $600.

Our goal is to bring you horses and ponies you will love and possibilities that make You a DreamCatcher instead of just a dreamer!

Email for more details: crystalmeadowsfarm@yahoo.com

You can find her pedigree on
AllBreedPedigree.com

ImaSpecialGamble8001.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Ima Special Gamble 2 QH mare.jpg

Linda
FInd us on facebook: Crystal Meadows Farm
Home to talented and successful sport horses & ponies!
Straight Egyptians and Welsh crosses, Breedings and Mare Leases Available

#2 Blackberry Run Arabians

Blackberry Run Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Has the mare been DNA tested as a Cremello?

...James

What you see ... Often times ... depends upon where you stand.

AHA Discovery Farm

http://blackberryrunarabians.com

#3 rylolin

rylolin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Has the mare been DNA tested as a Cremello?

...James

HI James,

She has not been tested but she has classic cremello skin and eye coloring as well as being described as cremello on her AQHA papers. If you're wondering about her legs, she is a mud-lover.

Cordially,
Linda
Linda

#4 Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

HI James,

She has not been tested but she has classic cremello skin and eye coloring as well as being described as cremello on her AQHA papers. If you're wondering about her legs, she is a mud-lover.

Cordially,
Linda

I think he's referring her having dapples and a blaze.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"  Evil triumphs only when good men do nothing . . .  "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 rylolin

rylolin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

I think he's referring her having dapples and a blaze.

Hi Zoe,

Could you explain? I understand the dapple seems unusual. It's hard to describe them - dapple is the closest I could come although they may not be "true" dapples and certainly are not strong like you would see in a palomino or a dapple grey. They are definitely light creamy dapples. It is possible for cremellos to have white markings. This is a link to the CPEA page: http://www.doubledil...om/cremeexp.htm It explains it very well. She has the light blue with green to amber edging around the outside.

Cordially,
Linda
Linda

#6 Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi Zoe,

Could you explain? I understand the dapple seems unusual. It's hard to describe them - dapple is the closest I could come although they may not be "true" dapples and certainly are not strong like you would see in a palomino or a dapple grey. They are definitely light creamy dapples. It is possible for cremellos to have white markings. This is a link to the CPEA page: http://www.doubledil...om/cremeexp.htm It explains it very well. She has the light blue with green to amber edging around the outside.

Cordially,
Linda

Ah, okay. I wasn't aware that cremello colored horses could have markings! :)

She's certainly a cutie. I used to own a cremello QH mare, too. Sweetest disposition ever. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------

"  Evil triumphs only when good men do nothing . . .  "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 rylolin

rylolin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Ah, okay. I wasn't aware that cremello colored horses could have markings! :)

She's certainly a cutie. I used to own a cremello QH mare, too. Sweetest disposition ever. ^_^

She too has a sweet nature and is very laid back compared to the Arab mares...:). It is confusing that they can have white markings since you think of cremello as a "no" color. But it is actually or technically a very, very light chestnut so white markings still show up.
Linda

#8 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

The cremello sire of the horse in my avatar has dapples and a blaze. He's tested eeAACrCr. Since he has that added coat conditioner called testosterone :) he gleams metallically in the sun and you really need dark glasses to fully appreciate his color!

This mare should produce a really nice half-arab baby. Lots of good performance blood in her pedigree.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#9 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

My perlino (originally registered cremello, as she's very light) has a star and gets dapples. I don't think cremello means no color... that would be white, or albino (pink eyes). But they need white manes and tails.

#10 rylolin

rylolin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

The cremello sire of the horse in my avatar has dapples and a blaze. He's tested eeAACrCr. Since he has that added coat conditioner called testosterone :) he gleams metallically in the sun and you really need dark glasses to fully appreciate his color!

This mare should produce a really nice half-arab baby. Lots of good performance blood in her pedigree.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for looking at her pedigree - I don't know much about QH pedigrees. I did hear from a QH breeder that she has a solid performance background. She also said that her perlino stallion has dapples in the spring.

That's too funny about his color - do you have pictures of him?

Cordially,
Linda
Linda