30 replies to this topic

#11 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

that would be awsome and yes i do want to take a looksy....:) darn you. I will see when i can do this my trailer is out of comission right now need new tires and i want it checked out before i trailer anyone but my friend might be able to help me with it. If i don't work would next weekend work for you? Work is hectic right now. Go to work when its dark and get home when it's dark... where's spring at

Well i can't say for sure she knows or even if she really is registered but she did tell me she was by a egyptian stallion and i am thinking how do you know this? but she won't tell me who he was. She said she forgot where she got her or just won't tell me. She was like this with my friend too i just think she doesn't want to help and doesn't care. I mean how do you not know where you got a horse from? There is one person i want to ask if she knew anything about her because she also had another h/a buckskin gelding from these people. It sounded like she was registered at one point to me but i can't say for sure. If she wasn't and could be i would like her to be

One thing you can try is using datasource to look up the horses owned by the previous owner. If they had her registered in their name it will show up. It's a long shot, but you never know. I wonder why they wouldn't want to tell you anything about the horse? People like that annoy me!!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#12 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

i know i can't stand when people do that. I already did look the horses she owned and i did some research and looked also in her previous name and some of her families too. I did find out she had a address at a ranch down in S Cal that has a stallion named Jaspur. She may of never been registered i just wanted to know who her sire was not sure exactly why she didn't want to tell me but like i said she was like this with my friend too. I will keep trying until i find her a home.

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#13 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,623 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

How on Earth do you "forget" where you got a horse, unless you have an organic brain problem??
And unfortunately, people like that rarely transfer a horse into their name before sending it down the road (the fakers, not the people with actual problems).

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Baileys Khaffe Latte buckskin HA gelding
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding
Tenebria MSL black HA filly SOLD

#14 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

How on Earth do you "forget" where you got a horse, unless you have an organic brain problem??
And unfortunately, people like that rarely transfer a horse into their name before sending it down the road (the fakers, not the people with actual problems).

I know.... i know exactly where all my horses have come from And, yes very true people like this don't transfer and i dont' really understand why either. She was all over the place but hopefully i can either track down who she is or find out who her sire is and have her DNA'd against him. There is one i found that is a possibility but i will keep looking. She will hopefully be going to get a little evaluation soon and hopefully find her a good home. She is a very sweet mare and has a pretty dished head. Hopefully the people at this ranch might be able to help me i heard back from them just waiting to hear again.

The only markings she has is a star and i am just running everything buckskin in ca and looking against them all maybe one is her maybe not but i am trying. I am having a vet come float my old mares teeth so i will have him look at her teeth to give me what he thinks is her age.

Kellie Flanagan

#15 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

If she's papered and the owner is refusing to give up papers, let the registry know. This is an "illegal" practice. The registry does not take kindly to this and will generally get things handled :)

I just helped a lady acquire papers on a mare she's owned for 6 years and once the registry was informed the papers had not been signed over they were very easy to deal with. I helped 2 other people get their papers in order as well.

I despise people who withhold papers! Tells you alot about their character!!

And where is this stated in the AHA handbook or anywhere else for that matter ? I am not sure this is correct

A rightfull owner can stipulate to NOT transfer title on a horse if they wish to- unless instructed to do so by lawful order of some nature. That is how I understand it. I am not talking about lost papers or anything along that line..

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#16 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

So anyway i don't think i will have any luck getting her papers she is available without to a good home as i would like to place her soon. Price is negotiable to good loving longtime home

Kellie Flanagan

#17 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

And where is this stated in the AHA handbook or anywhere else for that matter ? I am not sure this is correct

A rightfull owner can stipulate to NOT transfer title on a horse if they wish to- unless instructed to do so by lawful order of some nature. That is how I understand it. I am not talking about lost papers or anything along that line..

Notice the "quotes" around illegal? The lady I talked to at the registry office told me this is taboo and frowned upon by the registry. If a person does it enough they can get in deep doodoo. Probably even banned? I have a friend who bought a mare 6 years ago and never got the paperwork even though she has a receipt stating the mare was paid for in full and papers were to be delivered by April(that was in Feb). The person that sold her the mare never had the mare transferred to her own name. The mare was in foal. The foal even got registered as being bred by the person who sold her the mare, although the "lady" LIED to the registry and claimed the foal was out of a different mare! I suppose she HAD to in order to get it registered because she STILL hadn't transferred the mare into her own name... I'm told it's because at that point she hadn't paid for the mare herself (resold her without owning her!!)so she didn't actually have the paperwork. In any event, 6 years later I finally called the registry and they helped her get her mare transferred. I did tell the owner that she should notify the registry that the foal is actually out of her mare and get that other "lady" in some trouble! lol.
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#18 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

Notice the "quotes" around illegal? The lady I talked to at the registry office told me this is taboo and frowned upon by the registry. If a person does it enough they can get in deep doodoo. Probably even banned? I have a friend who bought a mare 6 years ago and never got the paperwork even though she has a receipt stating the mare was paid for in full and papers were to be delivered by April(that was in Feb). The person that sold her the mare never had the mare transferred to her own name. The mare was in foal. The foal even got registered as being bred by the person who sold her the mare, although the "lady" LIED to the registry and claimed the foal was out of a different mare! I suppose she HAD to in order to get it registered because she STILL hadn't transferred the mare into her own name... I'm told it's because at that point she hadn't paid for the mare herself (resold her without owning her!!)so she didn't actually have the paperwork. In any event, 6 years later I finally called the registry and they helped her get her mare transferred. I did tell the owner that she should notify the registry that the foal is actually out of her mare and get that other "lady" in some trouble! lol.

So as I understand you correctly, the horse in your instance was sold , bought and paid for but the papers were never forthcoming. Of course that should be "taboo" and is a legal issue..

That is not the case however in way too many instances. Folks end up with horses without papers . They , were given away with NO papers, were never paid for, agreements never fulfilled, transfers never cared about, whatever , etc. In these instances, the horse "titled ownership" in AHA's view still belongs to the owner on the papers , no matter how many subsequent changes of hands the horse might have . Now if you can go back and get the folks on the papers to stipulate a transfer this can happen. It's a hastle to do, but possible. But just because you have a horse you are caring for in your possession gives you NO automatic right to the title of that horse.

But.... back to this nice buckskin horse which is the topic. Why does it really matter if you have the papers or not ? This horse looks to be a great companion, sweet and pretty safe for kids. That makes her very valuable right there.... what are papers needed for ?

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#19 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

Can we please keep this about finding a home for my mare i really appreciate all the info but she needs a good home

Kellie Flanagan

#20 Glistening

Glistening

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Can we please keep this about finding a home for my mare i really appreciate all the info but she needs a good home

Sure wish she was on the east coast, cause she'd have a great home with me. Can't believe she's still available, papers or not. Good luck finding a home for her.
Glistening, Arab/Saddlebred cross