30 replies to this topic

#1 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

I took this mare in for a friend of mine that couldn't afford to take care of her anymore and i can't keep her either. She is a nice little mare sweet and is ridable. She hasn't been ridden in the past year but a couple times since my friend bought her. I have not ridden her but the previous owner said she was used on trails. She is not selling her as a childs horse or anything like that either. She just needs someone to spend more time with her. She doesn't want someone to buy her and then turn around and sell her again she is looking for a long term home for her so if that's not what you are looking for please do not email about her.

Asking $2500 obo, price negotiable to great home

Zena2.jpg

Zena1.jpg

you can either pm me, email me flanagans_arabians@yahoo.com or call/text me at 916-798-6707

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#2 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

I took this mare in for a friend of mine that couldn't afford to take care of her anymore and i can't keep her either. She is a nice little mare sweet and is ridable. She hasn't been ridden in the past year but a couple times since my friend bought her. I have not ridden her but the previous owner said she was used on trails. She is not selling her as a childs horse or anything like that either. She just needs someone to spend more time with her. She doesn't want someone to buy her and then turn around and sell her again she is looking for a long term home for her so if that's not what you are looking for please do not email about her. I will be taking some pics of her this weekend but for now here is a pic from before she got her. Asking $1500 obo

Posted Image

Posted Image

you can either pm me, email me flanagans_arabians@yahoo.com or call me at 916-798-6707

Looks like a very sweet mare... Why is she not registered ?

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#3 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

She is a really sweet mare. My friend bought her as a grade horse she didn't care about having papers. I am going to try to get a hold of the previous owner and see if there is any way that i can get papers on her it's a longshot but i am trying. They weren't on the best of terms. When she bought the mare she stayed there for a week or two i can't remember but came in bad shape not how she looked when she purchased her, i think another horse got to her.

Kellie Flanagan

#4 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

I would like to find this mare a good home soon. I tried with her previous owner and she was no help so i don't think she will get her papers which is a shame. The owner is open to offers good home is more important. I can forward anyone interested what the previous owner(before my friend)said about her and what kind of training she had. I have not been on her and she hasn't been ridden in about a year either. Please email flanagans_arabians@yahoo.com or call/text 916-798-6707

thanks

Kellie Flanagan

#5 valleyhorsecenter

valleyhorsecenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

I would like to find this mare a good home soon. I tried with her previous owner and she was no help so i don't think she will get her papers which is a shame. The owner is open to offers good home is more important. I can forward anyone interested what the previous owner(before my friend)said about her and what kind of training she had. I have not been on her and she hasn't been ridden in about a year either. Please email flanagans_arabians@yahoo.com or call/text 916-798-6707

thanks

Hey Kellie-
haven't gotten your direction yet, but if you have any way to bring her to me to try out for a week or two, I'm sure we can get her placed.. besides, you know you WANT to come down! :bigemo_harabe_net-108:
http://www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Breeding, training and presenting the "complete Arabian!"

Posted Image

#6 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

thanks

If she's papered and the owner is refusing to give up papers, let the registry know. This is an "illegal" practice. The registry does not take kindly to this and will generally get things handled :)

I just helped a lady acquire papers on a mare she's owned for 6 years and once the registry was informed the papers had not been signed over they were very easy to deal with. I helped 2 other people get their papers in order as well.

I despise people who withhold papers! Tells you alot about their character!!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#7 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hey Kellie-
haven't gotten your direction yet, but if you have any way to bring her to me to try out for a week or two, I'm sure we can get her placed.. besides, you know you WANT to come down! :bigemo_harabe_net-108:

that would be awsome and yes i do want to take a looksy....:) darn you. I will see when i can do this my trailer is out of comission right now need new tires and i want it checked out before i trailer anyone but my friend might be able to help me with it. If i don't work would next weekend work for you? Work is hectic right now. Go to work when its dark and get home when it's dark... where's spring at

If she's papered and the owner is refusing to give up papers, let the registry know. This is an "illegal" practice. The registry does not take kindly to this and will generally get things handled :)

I just helped a lady acquire papers on a mare she's owned for 6 years and once the registry was informed the papers had not been signed over they were very easy to deal with. I helped 2 other people get their papers in order as well.

I despise people who withhold papers! Tells you alot about their character!!

Well i can't say for sure she knows or even if she really is registered but she did tell me she was by a egyptian stallion and i am thinking how do you know this? but she won't tell me who he was. She said she forgot where she got her or just won't tell me. She was like this with my friend too i just think she doesn't want to help and doesn't care. I mean how do you not know where you got a horse from? There is one person i want to ask if she knew anything about her because she also had another h/a buckskin gelding from these people. It sounded like she was registered at one point to me but i can't say for sure. If she wasn't and could be i would like her to be

Kellie Flanagan

#8 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

How old is she and where did she originate (roughly)?? Time for Data Source sleuthing!!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#9 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I did try looking at datasource a little but didn't finish up. My friend was told she was 6yrs old so she would be 7 i guess don't know if that is true or not. I am going to put a email in to someone that possibly could help me. Like i said i am not sure if she is registered or not but if she can be i would like her to be. I am not sure exactly where she came from because she wouldn't tell me that but she at one time was in Arroyo Grande i have to figure out the other cities maybe later tonight

Kellie Flanagan

#10 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Interests:horses of any breed and discipline, equine color genetics, photography, reading, classic movies

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

Does she have any face markings?
i went through buckskin/dun (some people don't know the difference) HA mares foaled from 2003-2006 and only found one with a straight Egyptian sire. That mare has no white feet but does have a star and strip.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg