Photo

Addis Auctions Winter Sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
325 replies to this topic

#321 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

If you are going to ADVERTISE height then you need to use a stick on level ground WITHOUT shoes/pads/long feet for sure!

Anyone notice I've lost my avatar pics and now I'm on "warn" status??? WOW! I must've done something "bad" Just wish I knew what it was! LOL!

Only you can see your "warn" status. Bet this is a mistake, Heidi or Ambar wouldn't do this without communicating with you first, I'm sure.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#322 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

The little mare I bought has to stretch to be 14.3 in her flat shoes, but will get there when she slips on her high heel dancing shoes. But she can trot level bare footed and is an absolute blast to ride. What they did not mention is that she is sabino, 4 white socks, big belly spot and a spot under her jaw. I plan on seeing if I can get her double registered pinto. When I stick my horses I am not exact so I always try to say they are a little under. That way people are generally happy. Although I just had a buyer turn down a little 14.2 hand child safe mare I have for sale because she is too big. (for a grown-up) Go figure.

#323 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Anyone notice I've lost my avatar pics and now I'm on "warn" status??? WOW! I must've done something "bad" Just wish I knew what it was! LOL!

Can someone tell me more about warn status? I see a warn status line on my posts and profile, but it is not colored in. What does that mean? I have no clue.
Thanks, Karen

#324 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

Only you can see your "warn" status. Bet this is a mistake, Heidi or Ambar wouldn't do this without communicating with you first, I'm sure.

I'm sure its not intended: its been up there since the new system came back up! I don't think I've ever posted anything inflammatory!

Can someone tell me more about warn status? I see a warn status line on my posts and profile, but it is not colored in. What does that mean? I have no clue.
Thanks, Karen

Mine isn't colored in either but I think it means you've been "naughty" LOL! I'm not really worried as I know I've not done anything wrong

#325 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

I think you were only naughty if it is colored in - - sort of a moving target so once the bar is filled in you are out?

measurments also need to be the height of the horse without shoes, pad stacks, or standing uphill from the measuring device

#326 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

I think you were only naughty if it is colored in - - sort of a moving target so once the bar is filled in you are out?

siiamese is right -- if there's red in the warn box, you were naughty (and you got a note saying so!). If it's empty, all is well. B-)

I'm having to hand fix around 200 avatars. And then there's going to be a bunch more that need cleaning up after that. :pcfite: Anyone who wondered why I named the nonprofit that owns ABN "Augean Stables", well, now you know what I do with my spare time...

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association