Photo

Addis Auctions Winter Sale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
325 replies to this topic

#1 Showbizfarm

Showbizfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

Addis is going to do a winter auction for English, Western, Hunter and other horses for 3 to 4 nights in a row in December, cosigned horses are due by November 4th see below.

******Will people who have Sporthorses participate and consign horses?******* Thoughs?????

Below copy direct from Addis forms....

www.addisequineauctions.com

Winter Open Online Consignment Auction
Posted: 9/28/2011 12:00:00 AM
Online Consignment Auction open to English, Western, Hunter and other horses.

This auction will run on 3 or 4 consecutive evenings.
Download consignment information below or call us
at 405-330-5464 with any questions.

HOW THE LIVE ONLINE AUCTION WORKS
ADDIS EQUINE LIVE is the first in the equine industry to utilize this way of selling your horse. Your horse remains at your farm until it is “SOLD”. We list the horses online for 3-4 weeks and send out weekly email blast to our over 30,000 subscribers. Four days before the auction goes LIVE we will send out daily email blast reminders. We have found that Tuesday evenings at 8:00 pm CST works best as most people are home from horse shows, vacations, etc. At that time our staff goes to work for you. Our partner, DV Auction, has us set up with an online auction system where the buyer is able to watch the video of the horse being auctioned off and hear the auctioneer in real time. The buyer watches the video and clicks their mouse to bid. When someone bids it appears on our monitor telling us who that bidder is and their location. When the horse reaches its final bid it is either sold to the highest bidder or, if it has not reached its reserve, it is declared “Reserve Not Achieved”. All proceeds are deposited into a non-interest bearing auction trust account and are distributed to sellers within 20 business days.
In order to bid at the auction you must register and apply to bid at www.AddisEquineLive.com. Someone will then contact you by email or phone to obtain credit card information and will then approve you for bidding.
We can customize an auction for you with as little as 10 horses or you can participate in one of our upcoming auctions. We prefer to limit each evening‟s live auction to a maximum 30 head so the auctions are contained to approximately 90 minutes.

What does it cost?
1. Consignment fee is only $175.00 per horse
2. Commission is 15% of sale price
3. There is a $50.00 no sale fee (if horse does not receive an opening bid, a no sale fee will not be charged).
4. Once a horse appears on the website it must go through the auction. If it is sold before the live auction a full commission of 15% will be charged on the sale price.
5. If videos are not submitted according to the specifications below, we will charge a $75.00 editing fee.

How do I consign?
1. Fill out the simple consignment form.
2. Provide us with a good video of your horse. Along with a standard video of your horse trotting through the pasture we also need a video of your horse walking toward the camera, away from the camera, and close up shots of the horse‟s front legs and feet, hind legs and feet, and a close head shot. Please provide the video according to the following specifications:
Video length - 1-2 minutes, Video Format - quicktime movie (.mov - best, .mp4), .avi, .wma
Size (this is critical) – 720 x 480 Variable Bit Rate (VBR) - 500 kbs NO AUDIO, NO ‘EMAIL SIZE’ VIDEO

If you need someone to do professional videos of your horses we recommend Bill Melendez. He will video your horses for $75.00 per horse plus travel expenses and provide you with a great quality edited video.
3. Send a good photograph. It is true that “a picture is worth a thousand words” unless it is a lousy picture. Professional photos are best.
4. Original Registration papers must be signed but not dated and sent with your consignment forms. Registration papers are kept in a fire proof safe until the horse is sold. We send the papers to the buyers within 20 business days of sale by Certified Mail. If the horse does not sell, we send the papers back to you by certified mail.

Again, thoughts???????

*Virag -Hungarian WB/RPSI Main Mare Book I--Premium Mare
Countess Of Piaff - (*Piaff x *Virag) 5/2/07-6/4/11 :(. RPSI Premium Filly

ConTeLaPiaffe -2013 (*Piaff x *Virag) RPSI Premium Filly

#2 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

I know several people who are thinking of putting some horses into this sale. The price is reasonable to get them into it and you do not have to cart the horses about the country to an auction site, and they let you have a reserve price on the horse. Heck, I am considering this myself to get some of the herd moved before the end of the year.

#3 Showbizfarm

Showbizfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

FYI, Tons of upcoming sales dates.......

http://addisliveonlineauctions.com/

Kim Morgan Arabians - Pilot Point, TX
Live Start Time: 11/09/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Live Oak Production Auction Five - Baton Rouge, LA
Live Start Time: 11/15/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Southeast Breeders 2 Auction
Live Start Time: 11/22/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Piedmontese Association of United States
Live Start Time: 11/29/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Friesian Horse Production Auction
Live Start Time: 12/06/11 08:00 PM (CST)

The Stables of Fieldcrest's Quarter Horse Auction
Live Start Time: 12/07/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Winter Open Consignment Auction Part One
Live Start Time: 12/14/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Winter Open Consignment Auction Part Two
Live Start Time: 12/15/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Winter Open Consignment Auction Part Three
Live Start Time: 12/16/11 08:00 PM (CST)

Winter Open Consignment Auction Part Four
Live Start Time: 12/17/11 08:00 PM (CST)

*Virag -Hungarian WB/RPSI Main Mare Book I--Premium Mare
Countess Of Piaff - (*Piaff x *Virag) 5/2/07-6/4/11 :(. RPSI Premium Filly

ConTeLaPiaffe -2013 (*Piaff x *Virag) RPSI Premium Filly

#4 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Live Oak is having another one........oh boy.......somebody tie my hands behind my back! :bigemo_harabe_net-110:

#5 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

We've been considering it as well. I like to have ALOT of control over who my horses sell to through screening. conversations etc but its hard to compete with the sales if you actually NEED to sell something. It's like a battle with myself at this point still not sure what to do.

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (RIP - 1990-2015), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Fleur De Lune (Sfafe Pseude), S Justabella (Justafire DGL) and the Queen - Baskskokhette+.

#6 Chelsea

Chelsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

I will say that I sold one through an online auction earlier this year, and it was a good experience. I did NEED to sell, too. My trainer has sold four through them now, I believe, and I'm pretty sure he would not hesitate to put another in if the timing was right.

PA Layla++/ 2016 Canadian National Champion Arabian Hunter Pl AAOTR & Top Ten AATR, 2014 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR; 2016, 2015 & 2014 Canadian National Top Ten SHIH ATH (x 5)

WOA Matador+/ 2013 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR, 2010 US National Top Ten AAOTR

S Just DiMaggio++/ 2016 Canadian National Top Ten in SHIH (x 4) and Training Level ATR, 2010 Canadian National Top Ten Jackpot Colt

#7 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

I purchased a gelding from Toskhara in their online auction through Addis and it was a great experience. Addis was really good to deal with and answered all of my questions, payment went smoothly, and I received my paperwork in a timely fashion. I think the online auctions are working out well for both buyers and sellers. Even though the market is depressed, at least the sellers save some money by not having to transport their horses to a sale site that could be hundreds of miles away. There is also no stress for the horse and no risk of being exposed to sickness. I am looking forward to watching the upcoming sales.
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX

#8 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

good to know this has worked for people
I am pretty sure I do not want to go into winter supporting 11 horses (who all live at a boarding/training facility - - imagine the enormous check I must write each month eh?). So we have bee shooting pics and videos of several of the horses out at the farm and are trying to edit videos to fit their spces. the real decisision is if it will be worth it to put some of the trained show horses in this. At this point I am tending to think of the fee as simply advertising costs - - and if they sell, this is a great thing

#9 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

I did call your assistant trainer but never heard back! Will the gray be there?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

#10 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

I am thinking of putting her in
here is the link to the latest video (it actually has my gelding on it first, then the grey mare)