Photo

Dunalino AQHA mare

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 desertfire7

desertfire7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

This is absolutely the sweetest mare we have owned. She is also sensible enough to put a child on and lead her around but would need a lot of ground work and retraining with a bit or hackamore before she is turned loose completely. She loads easily, stands tied quietly for as long as you ask, easy to groom, stands for farrier - was ridden regularly before she became a broodie. She is a fantastic mare and it would probably not take much to get her going under saddle again. She may be an old lady but she runs and plays and bucks like a filly and still has a hair trigger reflex with quick reactions.

She is HYPP N/N (clear) and HERDA N/N (clear). 14.2h; foaled May 15, 1994.

VERY EASY KEEPER. We keep her on poor grass as she foundered a few years ago during a week long rain period that caused the rich grass to grow quickly. She is fully recovered according to my farrier and she never needed special shoes, etc. She is fed high quality hay and well cured alfalfa though without any problems.

100_2552-web2.jpg IMG_0150-2009.jpg

She is a Palomino Dun (Dunalino) daughter of GOLDEN CAANTENDER.

Hope is the dam of Kisatchie Belle HAHR#1A356490 - 2010 US NATIONALS HA/AA Cutting Novice Horse Champ, 2007 US NATIONALS HA/AA Working Cow Horse Res. Champ, 2006 US NATIONALS HA/AA Working Cow Jr. Horse Championship and also 2010 Region 9 High Point Working Cow Horse Award + TACHA 5000.00 Novice Cutting Horse Championship. She has proven that she can produce a repeat champion.

We are downsizing so we can travel. If I had younger kids or grand-kids living closer to me, or if I planned to continue breeding on a larger scale, I would never part with this grand old lady. I will only sell her to someone who will treat her like the queen she is so please do not be offended by my asking numerous questions about your plans for her :-D

I think she would be a great Lead Line / 4H horse for a family who is looking for a horse with a LOT of patience.

Thanks and please email me as I don't get PM notices!!

Edited by desertfire7, 02 October 2011 - 12:19 PM.