Photo

National level Youth WP and Saddleseat horses wanted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#11 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

you are right the market is horrible these days
I am "sitting on" 11 horses that do not live at my home but at the trainer's facility......and I am seriously NOT going through the winter with that many. most definitely a buyers market out there right now and people could get some fabulous show horses for so much less than their owners have put into them

#12 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

you are right the market is horrible these days
I am "sitting on" 11 horses that do not live at my home but at the trainer's facility......and I am seriously NOT going through the winter with that many. most definitely a buyers market out there right now and people could get some fabulous show horses for so much less than their owners have put into them

So very true. It's definitely a buyer's market, which sucks for those of us selling any :(

Keep forwarding any information about your horses people - I'm passing it along! If you've got pics, links to video, and detailed info. that is great - please also include location and asking price (although for the right horse those won't be a huge consideration.)

I've been keeping an eye on the market (online sales sites) and the various auction sales and I'm astounded at the prices some of these horses are selling for, it's heartbreaking to know literally thousands of dollars went into a horse that sold for $500, $1000, $2000 :(

Around my area a good trail/pleasure/4h/ranch horse can sell for $1500 - $3500 on average, which is about the same for what a "show quality" horse is selling for! I've been sending my horses to be worked in a community pasture over the summer - learning to work cattle and rope, etc. It certainly tells you where people's interests lie these days ...
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#13 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

I think you are right about the pricing Dawn - - show horses that people have had in training for ages, who are ready and showing, are not selling for the posted prices. In all reality, when I look at ads I automatically figure the people will look at offers that are 1/3 to 1/2 of the listing price. The problem for ths show horses is that you almost have to list them at the higher prices or arab show folks( or their trainers) will not even look at them

#14 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

I think you are right about the pricing Dawn - - show horses that people have had in training for ages, who are ready and showing, are not selling for the posted prices. In all reality, when I look at ads I automatically figure the people will look at offers that are 1/3 to 1/2 of the listing price. The problem for ths show horses is that you almost have to list them at the higher prices or arab show folks( or their trainers) will not even look at them

You are so right! If you price your merchandise cheaply people associate it with being cheap! Although, I think a good, knowledgeable horseperson can pick out a $1000 horse worth only that much and one worth tons more, but priced according to a failing market... sad reality. Many people will pay thousands more than they should for an average horse on the word of a coach/trainer - the next fellow with a keen eye that is horse saavy might get an incredible steal on a great horse simply because it wasn't marketed by the right trainer/coach or owned by the 'right" barn owner :( Another sad, but true story!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#15 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

and since the trainers generally get a commission on horses they buy or sell for clients, they only look at those priced so they make a good amount of cash. I would suggest in the cases where someone is actually interested in a horse, go ahead and see what the trainer/agent says the horse will cost - - then if the price is too high, ask the owner. I have watched too many people walk away from horses they could have owned

#16 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Much like me asking a fair $5000 for a well bred Hey Hallelujah daughter 5yrs ago, and taking $1000 just to see her go to a new home. It doesn't make sense.

Hey, the gelding who just won at Canada in EP JTR is for sale...MS Y II Chez. Stacy is his mom, Julie Daniel-Adams is his trainer/agent. Google! Daniel Training Center or find her on FB :-)

Shay is uber cool!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 MS Y II Chez

MS Y II Chez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Much like me asking a fair $5000 for a well bred Hey Hallelujah daughter 5yrs ago, and taking $1000 just to see her go to a new home. It doesn't make sense.

Hey, the gelding who just won at Canada in EP JTR is for sale...MS Y II Chez. Stacy is his mom, Julie Daniel-Adams is his trainer/agent. Google! Daniel Training Center or find her on FB :-)

Shay is uber cool!

Thanks Jen!

Video:

2011 Scottsdale top 10 Park and English AOTR
2011 Region 4 Park Champ
2011 Canadian Res National Champ English JTR (the kid who rode him is a new rider, and she only rode him maybe 3 weeks before the show)
2011 Top 10 Canadian Nationals Eng AOTR and Park

PM me for price or call Julie

Attached Thumbnails

• shayjulie_0002.jpg

#18 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Shay is uber cool!

THANKS! I forwarded the info. on!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#19 P8N Acres Arabians

P8N Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

OMG this horse is AWESUM !
"Where there is a great Love, there are always miracles."

P8N Acres Arabians
Home of Wizare ( Prince Rex x Lady Minstril ) SE, AK , Asil Grey Stallion SHN Payback Stallion, EVA Negative .SCID Clear
TSEA Sharaf Magick ( Tsea Magick x Bint shabbarah ) SE , AK, Asil, Bluelist-Eligible Black Stallion, SHN Payback Stallion, EVA Negative
RAVENWOOD QAHTAHHN ( Qahtahn x Ravenwood Bahiya ) SE, AK, Asil Black Stallion(Full Brother Sold to BAHRAIN )
JJ Diamond Chall ( Magnum Chall HVP x JJ Magnums Diamond) Double Magnum Psyche Bred Chestnut Stallion. Breeders Sweepstakes Nominated Stallion. SCID Clear. CA CLEAR
Terms Available on all breeding's. For more information feel free to visit our website at www.p8nacresarabians.com

AL Khamsa reporter for NY and Surrounding areas.
Please send me your Farm News and I will send it in to the " Khamsat Express "
info@p8nacresarabians.com

#20 MMC

MMC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

We can sell a prospect for more than an aged show horse....crazy to me!

try www.iarabians.com as we are constantly adding great horses! 6 sold last month and 1 already this month!
Ashley Robinson & Allyssa Baird
...You can't have the dream without the drive...
Mistikal Marketing Centre, LLC
www.MistikalMarketingCentre.com