Photo

Straight Spanish sires?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 cellistontheroof

cellistontheroof

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hello all -

We recently purchased a lovely little straight Spanish mare, CP Lilly Fair (L Habac x L Lady Fair). If she does well in the WP shows this coming year we MAY breed her...but the sire would have to be straight Spanish as well. It has come to our attention that such classical horses are a bit difficult to come by here in the States, so I was hoping if I may enlist people more "in the know". I am aware of the guys over at Stanley Ranch, and a few others...wondering as to who else we may be missing.

What about studs located in Spain? Canada? Elsewhere?

Cost would not be an issue for the right match, but he'd definitely need to have an exceptional neck to correct Lilly's shorter more low set one.
Keep in mind this is still very very hypothetical, with a strong possibility of us just buying a baby in a year's time. But, nonetheless we are still quite curious as to just what is out there.

Simply because I love her, two pics of our mare. Please excuse the raunchy yellow tail bag!
lillyt1.jpg
lillymay1.jpg

#2 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

-this guy looks very nice -i was trying to find his sire El Perfecto--- here in the US--Los Acres has some wonderful horses-im sure there are other folks here that can give you some more great suggestions for your girl-!

#3 buradura

buradura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hello all -

We recently purchased a lovely little straight Spanish mare, CP Lilly Fair (L Habac x L Lady Fair). If she does well in the WP shows this coming year we MAY breed her...but the sire would have to be straight Spanish as well. It has come to our attention that such classical horses are a bit difficult to come by here in the States, so I was hoping if I may enlist people more "in the know". I am aware of the guys over at Stanley Ranch, and a few others...wondering as to who else we may be missing.

What about studs located in Spain? Canada? Elsewhere?

Cost would not be an issue for the right match, but he'd definitely need to have an exceptional neck to correct Lilly's shorter more low set one.
Keep in mind this is still very very hypothetical, with a strong possibility of us just buying a baby in a year's time. But, nonetheless we are still quite curious as to just what is out there.

Simply because I love her, two pics of our mare. Please excuse the raunchy yellow tail bag!
lillyt1.jpg
lillymay1.jpg

lOs acres has a wonderful stud they imported from spain byt he name of *Tiberio
Barb Walker

#4 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

She is lovely!
I have a Classical Spanish gelding named HAA Marco Rojo, he is a darling guy. My mare TS Paarden Mia is one quarter Spanish, as well.Spanish horses are so trainable and they bond well with their "person".
Best of luck finding the perfect mate to your beautiful mare, if that is the route you choose.
Welcome to ABN!!

Mary

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#5 milagro

milagro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

While I am very fond of Exodus I, Stanley Ranch's Czantiago is very upright and has a lovely neck. Are you located close enough to northern Nevada to see him? His first foals are lovely!

#6 Katherine

Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

Oh it is so nice to see Lilly. We just loved that mare. Glad she has a home that loves her! Congratulations on a great mare. Katherine
Katherine (usually) and Robert Whitecotton

#7 cellistontheroof

cellistontheroof

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

She is lovely!
I have a Classical Spanish gelding named HAA Marco Rojo, he is a darling guy. My mare TS Paarden Mia is one quarter Spanish, as well.Spanish horses are so trainable and they bond well with their "person".
Best of luck finding the perfect mate to your beautiful mare, if that is the route you choose.
Welcome to ABN!!

Mary

Thank you so much! I would love to see photos of your two.
Lilly is a very loving and kind girl, and probably one of the most willing horses I've ever met. She will go beyond the stars for you and so incredibly forgiving. We are hesitant about breeding, due to the same old of the economy and all the unwanted horses out there...hence our decision to see if she really has the ability we think she does. It has also been decided by all parties involved that the foal should be kept straight or as close to straight Spanish as possible, or there is really no point to the endeavour. This of course is making things tricky.

I checked out Los Acres...we are relatively close to them and I am going to shoot them an email. Tiberio* is quite special. We would rather avoid a grey, but for the right horse might be able to make an exception. El Perfecto is beautiful, but doesn't quite seem like the right fit.

We are local to the Stanley Ranch, and will be soon contacting the Stanleys. Czantiago is definitely turning into a promising boy and is being given heavy consideration for Lilly.

Katherine - Thank you...we are blessed to know her, and she definitely has a forever home here. :)

#8 MMC

MMC

iArabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

What a pretty mare! Good luck!
Allyssa Baird
iArabians, LLC
www.iArabians.com

#9 Floaty Trot

Floaty Trot

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

I really love the Straight Spanish stallion *Val Pacha. He's chestnut. You can see pictures of him on Unser Spanish Arabians website.

#10 murphy

murphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

Alan had one in training last year/ this spring... Sakito. Grey but really cool neck..
http://www.rogersara....com/sakito.asp