Photo
- - - - -

New official statement from AHAA regarding AHA Resolution 17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
122 replies to this topic

#31 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

Hey Bob, far be it from me to speak for Alex as she can certainly do that well enough on her own.

I don't think she is saying the current system is OK, I think she is saying she does not believe the scorecard will eliminate the perception of abuse.

She may be right on that thought. However, the scorecard is the first step in the right direction of fixing the judging and handling of Arabians.

Hmmm, possibly........ She did use the plural in her praise for AHAA so I may have assumed too much.

Do you suppport Resolution 17-07 Alex?

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#32 mmfarabian

mmfarabian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

I love the score card! It is simple and the judge has to put down scores. That is the whole problem right there. They do not want to be held accountable for the way they pin the class. The trainers don't want other people out there to see, in the scoreing, that the horse they show was thought to have bad movement or below average legs, or what ever else they try to hide. We all know there is no perfect horse, they all have thier faults. Be proud of the horse you show or keep it at home, if you can't take the way it might place. These horses need to be judged by the standards on the scorecard. The sooner the scorecard becomes a part of judging, the faster the rings will start filling up again. We all know there will be ways to make certain trainers horses have higher scores, but, if it is on that score card, you can go and plainly see what each judge thinks, and see who really judges to honest standards. We all need to make our voices heard.
Cathy
Cathy
My heart is in my horses, my horses are in my heart.

#33 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

Once the score card is used at AHA shows won't that put the Vegas show out of business?Same group?

#34 hotelyankeefoxtrot

hotelyankeefoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:58 PM

Hmmm, possibly........ She did use the plural in her praise for AHAA so I may have assumed too much.

Do you suppport Resolution 17-07 Alex?

No. Like I said, I doubt the scoring will make a darn bit of difference and it's only a bandaid on a much bigger problem. Maybe I'll be proven wrong (I would like to be). But something had to change. I have no particular opposition to the scoring system, but neither do I think it will cure everything. I'm not convinced that making it optional is at all viable, either. I think it needs to be given a chance (like I said, I would love to be proven wrong!). If '09 rolls around and it's not working, well, that's what we have the resolution system for.

Once the score card is used at AHA shows won't that put the Vegas show out of business?Same group?

No, not the same group at all, I don't think.

#35 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

WOW, I'm not sure were to begin, I have read a ton of information, talked to a ton of people, and still don't understand what the hell is the problem. I really have to get a check up because I believe in the human race. I truly feel that people are not all that bad.

Over the last year, I have worked pretty hard to prove to myself that people just need a chance to express themselves and in time will all come to the best conclusion.

My one concern is the Arabian horse, on ABN. I work to keep a clean and safe environment for all individuals to come and express themselves, Yes, we have some characters, mostly all very good intentioned people.

I decided to mass email the petition.. because I believe in what it stands for. It stands for the Arabian horse, and against the abuse of our horses. I think I have earned and paid for the right to say, “In the hands of many of todays trainers our horses are suffering from many different forms of abuse” The fact that halter is a very “In your face” case.. is the main reason this Score Card, must be successful. Our future depends on it. The performance ring in my mind is much worse, we have lost the true horseman.

Well, for me I am personally disgusted. I actually thought this “release” was going to be Scottsdale setting the pace. for the rest of the Arabian show community.. But I guessed and bet wrong. From a business stand point I guess in some bizarre way I can see there point, change can be a scary thing.

If this resolution is passed it will be the hall mark for the END of main ring.

I don't post all that much anymore, this board keeps me really busy... lots of people and lots of horses to help promote... reading this I'm sure makes a lot of the grammar and spelling folks nuts.. LOL sorry, I'm not a wordsmith...

Please stop the maddness.

Dean (your webmaster)

Once the score card is used at AHA shows, won't that put the Vegas show out of business? Same group?

I'm really starting to believe in a "conspiracy theory" a little humor, or is it?

#36 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:17 AM

Mr.Flood asked that we open dialogue on this issue. Since ABN was the first venue AAHA utilized to distribute their letter I believe they have members who must be reading the forums and know that people are already dialouging.

Thoughtful dialogue is very important. But Mr.Flood and all AAHA Board and Show Commission please know the time to act is now. If you want to see what people are thinking, take a look at the halter entries at most Class A shows. These boards reflect what many are feeling.

Your show is not suffering from lack of halter entries. But please take the time to look outside your community. The rest of main ring halter is experiencing a wicked decline. At some point halter trainers will have to ask them selves why and start being honest with the reply.

Not all of us want to move to the Sporthorse in Hand arena or go trail riding. Please take the time to read our posts and you will find some concrete suggestions as to how you could really make a positive impact on our Arabian breeding classes.

Marcia Friesen

Please see the e-mail address on the bottom of Mr.Floods letter and send him your thoughtful replies, just in case they are not reading the forums.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#37 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:56 AM

Yes Marcia, they did choose to make this announcement here first. I would like to think one reason for that is the open discussion here. I explained that ABN would welcome any further discussion from them. I know our forum IS being read by them and if they choose to address individual questions they have the direct link to where I posted this.

One thing not talked about much is their desire to assure people showing in the non-halter classes that the new resolution will not totally disrupt their show schedule. I guess I would be upset if I planned on being at a show X number of days then that figure was extended. I feel it will all work out, it's logistics that need tuning.

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)

#38 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:46 AM

No.

Really??

Also, just because two proponents of the scoring system have repeatedly said "Intimidated horses won't trot well" doesn't make it TRUE. It makes it those two people's opinion, not fact. If I say, repeatedly, that the sky is green, it doesn't make it true, now does it??

This statement with your obvious distain and not really wanting to believe the "facts" are not of a person that I thought would oppose Resolution 17...... my mistake.

Many, many people who work with our charges all agree that to get a horse to trot free and loose for more than a couple strides, you better go light on the shanking. And thats a fact as far as I'm concerned.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#39 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:34 AM

I'm really starting to believe in a "conspiracy theory" a little humor, or is it?
Seems to me all the board members do business with a certain huge farm..............Any guesses?

#40 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

I guess we have to ask ourselves, "Will I support shows that don't use the Score card?" This will make up my mind where my dollars go in the spring..

AHA needs to start working as an organization not a "club"