Photo
- - - - -

New official statement from AHAA regarding AHA Resolution 17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
122 replies to this topic

#21 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

;)

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#22 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

1/3 of the Arabian Judging Pool have completed the Training Seminar for the new system and by the time it comes into effect in 2008, 2/3 will have been through the Training Seminar. Having judges available is not a problem at all.

Who's judging Scottsdale?

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
IMANA 2006 bay mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
AL RAZEEL 2010 Chestnut colt for sale
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#23 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

I don't see what's so bad about their response. I think it's got some valid concerns. I also agree that the Scoring system won't do anything about the hard standup or abuse in the halter ring - it's a bunch of propaganda put forth by the supporters of the system, at best.

Why am I not surprised by your support of the "same old same old-everything is just fine" mentality ms. Alex.

Who's judging Scottsdale?

Don't believe the Judges for 2009 have been set yet which is the first year the Scorecard System will have to be used.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

www.willowviewarabians.net

#24 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

2008 Judges
http://www.scottsdaleshow.com/judges-and-o...ials/index.html

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

IMANA 2006 bay mare

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#25 hotelyankeefoxtrot

hotelyankeefoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

Oh, I don't feel that everything is just fine. The scoring system is just a bandaid that will make people feel better. In addition, I feel whatever we're doing now is evidently not working - 'the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results' - so while I don't think the scoring system is the answer to all that ails us, something had to be done, apparently.

Also, just because two proponents of the scoring system have repeatedly said "Intimidated horses won't trot well" doesn't make it TRUE. It makes it those two people's opinion, not fact. If I say, repeatedly, that the sky is green, it doesn't make it true, now does it??

#26 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

I'm showing my mare at Scottsdale and have been very excited, but I didn't realize that they weren't going to utilize the new system, until reading the posts on the forum.

It seems very straight forward, so I'm at a loss as to how any of the concerns of AZ hold any validity. My question is, why are they really dragging their feet?

I know my trainer is very excited about the new judging system and can't wait for more equal competition. My mare is small, just at 14.3, so this was going to level the playing field against the much bigger mares of equal quality. She is also quite relaxed in a stand up, its not hard, she's not extremely rigid, and she loves showing. I'm disappointed that we may not have as fair of a chance as the other mares in our class.
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#27 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hey Bob, far be it from me to speak for Alex as she can certainly do that well enough on her own.

I don't think she is saying the current system is OK, I think she is saying she does not believe the scorecard will eliminate the perception of abuse.

She may be right on that thought. However, the scorecard is the first step in the right direction of fixing the judging and handling of Arabians.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#28 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

A little anecdote from the past, 17 years ago there was a young (US bred and handled) filly shown in Paris, she should have beeorld Champion that year (a title that she did win a few years later) but due to the way she was presented, she looked amazing but terrified during the stand-up and completely failed to walk or trot in any fashion whatsoever as a result she was placed third. Had she been shown and handled in a more sympathetic manner she would have won the class and championship easily!

It pays for all concerned for halter horses to be presented in a manner that allows them to give of their best ;)

Mike

#29 hotelyankeefoxtrot

hotelyankeefoxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hey Bob, far be it from me to speak for Alex as she can certainly do that well enough on her own.

I don't think she is saying the current system is OK, I think she is saying she does not believe the scorecard will eliminate the perception of abuse.

She may be right on that thought. However, the scorecard is the first step in the right direction of fixing the judging and handling of Arabians.

Yes, exactly what I am saying ;) .

#30 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

The playing field will never be leveled as trainers decide what we breed to, what sells.

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

IMANA 2006 bay mare