Photo

Yearling Sweepstakes Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZenithFarms

ZenithFarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

Does yearling sweepstakes payout the same as regular sweepstakes, or does it pay out more? Just curious- sending my HA colt to Region 16- and last year's HA champion money I got of $165 for his brother's Open halter win was more or less offensive- didn't even cover cost of the stall and class :p I guess I am hoping for a little more icing on this year's cake... and if there is no more icing, I may not nominate any more since yearlings don't need to be sweepstakes to show in the future! Thanks for the insight!

Jennifer Wilson- Zenith Farms

proud breeders of National, Scottsdale and Regional Champion Arabians

Maghnus Z+/, Magnifico ZF, Maglorix Z and Magnifiq Z

#2 mrs epson

mrs epson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

IMO Sweeps isn't worth the $400 it costs to nominate so... we did not nominate this year. I don't know of too many people who did. The other programs are cheaper and the payout is much better!
www.unfetteredarabians.com

"My hubby is one sexy man!" hahahahah very funny Rick!

#3 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

According to AHA'swebsite the Regional yearling classes will pay $800 to Cham, $500 Reserve, and $150 for top 5.

WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and SHN top 10, MA Razcals Glori SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, Montana Athena SHN Reserve Champion
WR SHADDO HAWK+++/- Multi Regional Champion and multiple SHN Top 10
MAGNIFICO ZF-multiple Regional Champion, SHN Reserve Champion, multiple USN top 10

#4 ZenithFarms

ZenithFarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

According to AHA'swebsite the Regional yearling classes will pay $800 to Cham, $500 Reserve, and $150 for top 5.

Now that's what I am talking about :D You are much better at finding the goods on these sites than I am ... lol! I still can't find it! Thanks for looking for me and passing the word on :)

Jennifer Wilson- Zenith Farms

proud breeders of National, Scottsdale and Regional Champion Arabians

Maghnus Z+/, Magnifico ZF, Maglorix Z and Magnifiq Z

#5 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

Jen- check your messages, I sent the entries to you.

WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and SHN top 10, MA Razcals Glori SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, Montana Athena SHN Reserve Champion
WR SHADDO HAWK+++/- Multi Regional Champion and multiple SHN Top 10
MAGNIFICO ZF-multiple Regional Champion, SHN Reserve Champion, multiple USN top 10

#6 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

exactly why I left my yearling filly home this year
at $1000 to the trainer, plus entry fees, hauling, and training this was just a major money losing proposition