Photo

Feelings on *Emanor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#51 legacy04

legacy04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Here's one of my half-Friesians, and three year old filly named Knights Winter Lady out of an Emanor daughter. This cross works really well for me. Sara

WOW-That worked really well. I love those baroque horses almost as much as my arabs. My first job was with Andalusians. But crossing Arabs onto these baroque breeds can be very difficult to get a really nice foal as both breeds throw such strong characteristics that tend to not blend well together a lot of times. This filly did not fall into that though. She looks like on heck of a blend of the two style. Just like I would want it to be like! I am in love with this filly.

Lisa Henry
Legacy Ranch
Dane's Legacy 2004 Bay Azteca Gelding
KH Skye Wizard 2002 Bay Arabian Gelding
Graciella HA 2004 Gray Spanish Arabian Mare
Vaquera 2000 Gray Spanish Arabian Mare

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 Kealia

Kealia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

WOW-That worked really well. I love those baroque horses almost as much as my arabs. My first job was with Andalusians. But crossing Arabs onto these baroque breeds can be very difficult to get a really nice foal as both breeds throw such strong characteristics that tend to not blend well together a lot of times. This filly did not fall into that though. She looks like on heck of a blend of the two style. Just like I would want it to be like! I am in love with this filly.

Thank you so much. This is a great cross. I also have her full sister who is grey and equally beautiful and older, so she has competed successfully in half-Arab country pleasure and country pleasure driving. She has also done beginning combined driving.

Here is a picture I took of Emanor in 2005, and a picture of Knights Winter Lady at two months old with her dam the Emanor daughter SFA Maika who we recently sold, and a picture of Winter's sire Knight Invader at the World Games last year.

#53 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:33 AM

When I saw *Emanor at Canadian Nationals I thought he was the most beautiful horse I had ever seen. When he took his victory pass as Canadian National Reserve Champion Stallion he was so lovely it made made me cry. For me it was one of those moments you remember forever , if there was another horse in the ring I didn't see them.

His National Show record:

US National Champion Stallion
Canadian Reserve National Champion Stallion
Canadian National Champion Park
Canadian Reserve National Champion English Pleasure
US National Top Ten Park
US National Top Ten Park
US National Top Ten English Pleasure

If there is another horse in the breed with a show record like that, I can't think of one. I think in the 60's there was a stallion that won the championship in Halter and English pleasure, but you know Nationals were a whole different breed of cat in the 60's, and *Emanor did it in the last ten years. Was there anyone else, Arlene?

As far as stud fees go, Marwan only won 2 National Championships, and none of them were in performance , and his stud fee is more than $5000.

His back is on the longer side, but he engages well . The long back is very typical of his pedigree, it's hard to get a heavy Naseem horse without a long back and most of the Naseem/Arax horses are smooth bodied, big eyed and long in the back. I don't think his back is as long as DA Valentino's, and he is deeper in the body.
Dam Emanacja, Polish National Champion :
emanacjaPNCJF.jpg

Sire of Emanacja, Polish National Champion Eukaliptus:
Eukaliptus2.jpg

Dam of Emanacja, Polish National Champion Emigrantka :

emigrantkaNCM.jpg

Sire of Emigrantka, Palas:
palas-vi.jpg

He has great legs, with short cannons and good flat square knees.

As far as the neck goes, I don;t think there is anything wrong with his neck- he has a typical Naseem neck that comes out of the withers high with a long open throatlatch that doesn't flex at the poll the way the Witraz horses do. I haven't seen a Naseem horse that could bridle tight (although I would love to :)) When I saw him go Reserve in Canada in English Pleasure, he looked great but had his nose out - not flexible in the poll, not the fashion in the ring these days with all those great bridling Varian and Bask horses, but not a terrible thing.
Emanor:emanor1.jpg
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/emanor

As far as the offspring go, I wonder if the problem is not that they lacked quality, but that they weren't what people were expecting. I think it would be unlikely for a horse of this pedigree to produce the kind of spidery American halter type that people are used to seeing here. Everything about the pedigree says substance.

May be its a situation similar to Monogramm, where he produced for years in North America with little fanfare but went to Poland and produced superstars.

I think it is interesting that Leslie's filly out of Vienna MBF is not long backed because Vienna was a beautful big moving horse, but she was a mile long, and although she was Bairactar sire line, she had 25% Priboj blood and 18.75 % Mammona so maybe that made the difference.

As Arlene said, Czort had a very straight profile, and the Bairactar sire line is known for a straight profile and large eye. I think people forget that Nabeg had a very straight profile also.

Nabeg; Amurath Sahib:
nabeg.jpg amurath_sahib2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• palas-vi.jpg

#54 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

Mine are all bred individualy- I dont force them to be something they are not... a stallion that would match well with one of my mares might not match with another, and I try to keep that in mind :) I do hope I dont get flamed for this (as I have in the past) but I am breeding for an all-around athlete. Something that can do well in it's owners chosen show venue and then go out and hit the trails. I LOVE my versatile horses and to me, they are the ultimate. I know not everyone agrees with this, but it is my opinion.

I also dont always "breed for color" I've actually never breed to a homozygous (for whatever color I was breeding for) stallion, or had a homozygous mare... and of course, my luck of actually GETTING the color hasn't been too great (ha). I know that YOU know this, but just want that out there for others. Color is what I LOVE, but it comes last on deciding matches.

I call that breeding for all the right reasons.

#55 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

"As far as the neck goes, I don;t think there is anything wrong with his neck- he has a typical Naseem neck that comes out of the withers high with a long open throatlatch that doesn't flex at the poll the way the Witraz horses do. I haven't seen a Naseem horse that could bridle tight (although I would love to :)) When I saw him go Reserve in Canada in English Pleasure, he looked great but had his nose out - not flexible in the poll, not the fashion in the ring these days with all those great bridling Varian and Bask horses, but not a terrible thing."

He bridles correctly for his structure and kudos to his trainer for allowing him to do so instead of ruining him by cranking him. Why so much emphasis on the neck instead of the movement? Arabians were never meant to look or move like Saddlebreds. We have lots of modern bred saddleseat horses who are bridled tight but do not have the the rear ends to match their front ends so hop and skip around the arena. What is more attractive? A horse who bridles tight and is unbalanced, or a horse who is less bridled, but whose power comes from the rear and moves with balance and cadence?

You can train a horse with a Naseem neck to be tight in the bridle, but you have to crank them and there are long term consequences to their backs and legs. They are more suited to old style EP, Show Hack or Sport Horse in the modern arena.

Sue

#56 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

Here's one of my half-Friesians, and three year old filly named Knights Winter Lady out of an Emanor daughter. This cross works really well for me. Sara

Wow- this has to be the nicest Friesian X Arab cross I have ever seen- hands down. Lovely!

I'm not sure if there are any Wosjlaw (sp?) sire line chestnuts. I think if you want color Gorec is an excellent option of the available sires of this line in the US. He as sired very good race horses in Poland and I think he is more than capable of siring what we might call a Sport Horse type.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

The only reason I asked about chestnut is the mare is chestnut, and might I say my LEAST favorite color. With my purebreds I really dont worry about getting "color"... chrome is always a plus, but not a neccesity. My favorite mare only has a tiny little star. If I were to look at Gorec, this is the mare I would likely use: http://www.allbreedp.../lu-nor japella

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)

#57 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

I think because you are looking for the versatile arabian horse you can have a LOT of choices, even more than when people specialize for something. A lot of good all around sires out there. I find that in a lot of the all american pedigrees you get a real versatile horse. You get some foals that will go one way and other foals that will go another!! The same sire can sire different levels of movement and ability with different mares etc.

I'd do just as you said and really look at your mare. If she is short backed, nice shaped neck with a lovely hinge (does not have to be super long just well shaped and clean) and you feel she'd go with *Emanor, and your heart is with *Emanor, heck I'd try him :) For 2500.00 its a lot better risk than when it was 5k!!

I would feel very comfortable breeding one of my McNeils to him though I would not do it because if I were going for this I'd use Erykk MF.

Now I will be flamed, I saw a video recently of WH Justice in a round pen, very candid, no fixing, no grooming, just like if I took Dan out and threw him in the round pen. He is a wow horse after seeing that video. I was not overly impressed until the very candid video of him. Very lovely horse and probably if people would just RIDE the babies from him he could be proven to be quite the performance horse too.

I like Billie's stallion better than *Emanor but that is because he is shorter coupled and to me just more of an all around athlete, but this is just me. I know everyone varies.
(PS: When I say performance horse on WH Justice, please, I don't mean saddleseat)

I think Erykk would be a great choice! :)

Also, does anyone know if he's been tested SCID or CA? Isnt Eukaliptus a carrier of one or both of those? (cant remember 100%)

Rumonek ~ I know how much you adore E-Vangeline and thought you might be interested to know that Kailicas Girls new stallion is related thru the dam line via Myecho who is a full sibling to Tenderfoots Maternal grandam. This is something that was JUST brought to my attention tonight and found to be rather interesting. He is very very lovely and in deed has a lot of the attributes you seek.

Denise Gainey

Hey Denise-
I saw that on your thread :)

At this point Im still thinking I'll probably stick to the plan we talked about.

I call that breeding for all the right reasons.

Thank you!

As for your other post, I tend to agree :)

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA

#58 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

My Emanor daughter, Pamiatka, with her *Equifor filly Paislea
Pamiatka'sEquiforFilly 031sz.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you

#59 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

Emanor's paternal brother Druid,he sold to Turkey for $500,000, sire of GOREC
druid.jpg
druid-przed-czolowa2.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you

#60 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Billy, did you take a look at that filly's pedigree?

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA