118 replies to this topic

#21 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

Anonymity allows a person to be unaccountable and allows a person to disrupt and create an atmosphere filled with tension. A verified account holder is at least on the hook to people who know him/her in the real world. Pretending that it is OK to have anonymous person insult people takes away the credibility of this site.

Absolutely

#22 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts
  • Interests:Breeder of pure Polish Arabians. Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x AHBliss), available at stud to approved mares.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

I have seen on a couple threads an allusion to "the new policy." Could someone please direct me to where this was announced or posted? I would like to read the exact policy.
Thank you.

In the past, posters were required to identify themselves if posting negative comments or asked to do so by a moderator of administrator. I have also seen where all posters were required to use their real name or identify themselves if posting in a particularly hot topic. Recently, however, when a brand new person posted in the MD seizure hot topic, and whose posts were disruptive to the discussion, Heidi asked that new member to post their real name - at least twice. In the end, the new policy was disclosed that there is no need to identify yourself, so long as you pm the webmaster (or admin/moderator - can't recall specifically the title - just that the general membership does not get to know).
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#23 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

In the past, posters were required to identify themselves if posting negative comments or asked to do so by a moderator of administrator. I have also seen where all posters were required to use their real name or identify themselves if posting in a particularly hot topic. Recently, however, when a brand new person posted in the MD seizure hot topic, and whose posts were disruptive to the discussion, Heidi asked that new member to post their real name - at least twice. In the end, the new policy was disclosed that there is no need to identify yourself, so long as you pm the webmaster (or admin/moderator - can't recall specifically the title - just that the general membership does not get to know).

It's a sad time for accountability on ABN. I will take accountability over civility any day of the week.

Sarah

#24 valleyhorsecenter

valleyhorsecenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

It's a sad time for accountability on ABN. I will take accountability over civility any day of the week.

Sarah

Agreed, Sarah. I have to say, it is a sad day, Ambar, when things are changed for the worst. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" surely applies here and I absolutely believe
that letting "unknowns" come in and not have to be accountable but can offend and irritate every USEFUL person in this community by posting "ha ha ha" to EVERYTHING, it is a SAD, SAD day for ABN and could very well lend to the downfall. It has certainly happened before elsewhere. Sad.
http://www.valleyhorsecenter.com

Breeding, training and presenting the "complete Arabian!"

Posted Image

#25 tamrie123

tamrie123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

Agreed, Sarah. I have to say, it is a sad day, Ambar, when things are changed for the worst. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" surely applies here and I absolutely believe
that letting "unknowns" come in and not have to be accountable but can offend and irritate every USEFUL person in this community by posting "ha ha ha" to EVERYTHING, it is a SAD, SAD day for ABN and could very well lend to the downfall. It has certainly happened before elsewhere. Sad.

ditto
JB Yelsky
Happily the Home of Bindi, Miss Batique, Sauvache & Agnes! Oh and 10 others who have never had a bad day in their lives!

#26 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Interests:. I raise Straight Egyptian Arabians but Love them all.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

The warn system is being utilized, 10 warnings and your out.

#27 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

In the end, the new policy was disclosed that there is no need to identify yourself, so long as you pm the webmaster (or admin/moderator - can't recall specifically the title - just that the general membership does not get to know).

But I never saw anyone state that there is in fact a new policy. It has just seemed implied, since that individual has returned and continues to post without identifying him/herself.

Can someone direct me to where the new policy was first stated? Or how about a "rules to use this forum" section? I personally would like to read the new policy for myself.

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#28 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts
  • Interests:Breeder of pure Polish Arabians. Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x AHBliss), available at stud to approved mares.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

But I never saw anyone state that there is in fact a new policy. It has just seemed implied, since that individual has returned and continues to post without identifying him/herself.

Can someone direct me to where the new policy was first stated? Or how about a "rules to use this forum" section? I personally would like to read the new policy for myself.

It is somewhere in the MD seizure thread - a post by Ambar.
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#29 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • Interests:Elikzir++/(Ganges x Ularia)6X U.S. National Top Ten
    LA LegacyInBlack+++//10X U.S. National Top Ten
    The Terminatorr+ U.S. National Champion
    PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050
    Instagram too!https://instagram.com/bonnfyrefarms/

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

There is an old saying on the internet on public forums and its "Do Not Feed the Troll".

For those not familiar with the term "troll" refers to someone who comes to a board for the sole
purpose of enflaming people.

Example- I am on a dog board, typically the trolls will create a brand new account and ask questions like- "My dog has been in labor for a day, I can not afford the vet, what should I do". A question sure
to make a lot of people crazy.

The best way to address these kind of people is to ignore them. Attention is exactly what they want.

With an ignore feature available on this site it makes thing even easier if one chooses.

No doubt the paticular poster who is trying to be a problem right now loves this kind of thing.

I am not a fan of much moderating on boards, I feel like it does inhibit discussion.

Ignore them and they do tend to fade away and go play somewhere else.

Survivor of many different discussion boards, and still have my sanity....to a degree............ :17_1_12v:

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir+ (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion,2016 Region I Champion Stallion SHIH Open and SHIH ATH, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#30 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

The warn system is being utilized, 10 warnings and your out.

It is somewhere in the MD seizure thread - a post by Ambar.

Thank you, I guess I missed it. Was kind of hoping an adm. would answer me directly.

I am not a fan of much moderating on boards, I feel like it does inhibit discussion.

Kind of like the top quote. Which is yet another new policy I never saw posted. Do you get a message from ABN informing you of each warning?

ETA: I know the OP of this thread referred to "the warning system," but where was the 10X and you're outta here stated? And what are the grounds for a warning, personal attack on another poster? Content in disagreement with the majority? Other? It would be useful to know.

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage