118 replies to this topic

#111 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Baahahaha... I know the ones I've had "run in's" with DON'T wanna me me ;)

I'm sure it's mutual ;) ;)

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#112 Kira

Kira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

I always miss the good fights.  Either the posts have been deleted or I don't even see them in the first place.  Probably shouldn't say this, but I enjoy a good train wreck now and then. :D

• dowedoit likes this

#113 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Interests:Topez & Spirit, of course !

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm sure it's mutual ;) ;)

?

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#114 jarabfarm

jarabfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

THIS!

I don't think it's the horses either.  I think it is social media.  People share a lot of very personal details about their lives.  What was once told in private to a very close friend is now being shared for millions to see and bring up for years to come.  When very personal things and things we are passionate about are not greet with, what we think of as the right attitude, the attacking begins.  I think as a society we are slowly losing our humanity and I think it is because we are somewhat isolated by being in front of the computer yet sharing every detail of our lives. 

Thanks, SDL Arabians, you said it far better than I tried to...

• SDLArabians likes this

#115 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts
  • Interests:Breeder of pure Polish Arabians. Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x AHBliss), available at stud to approved mares.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

Bumping this up as I think it is a good reminder. 

As I get time, I'd like to bring attention to the members that I particularly appreciate.  I'm starting out with Cecilia.   :)

Cecilia and I have had many, many ugly posts directed at one another in this forum.  I don't think either one of us could say why we reacted as we did to one another (sorry if I'm misstating something Cecilia - I don't mean to speak for you so please correct me if I'm wrong) other than differing opinions that led to some pretty ugly posts directed towards the other.  

I am thankful that when I was going through a difficult time, Cecilia reached out to me and offered her compassion and friendship.  As a result, I think we both realized we have much more in common than we thought and that we are also more like-minded than it had appeared from all those years of ugly posts.  I appreciate Cecilia for taking the higher path and reaching out to me in a way that allowed us to get to know one another better and mend our animosity.  What was born from Cecilia's initial outreach to me was, I believe, a mutual respect for one another.  I am grateful I have had the opportunity to see Cecilia for the person that she is (and always was), rather than a person whose every post made me see red.  Thank you Cecilia.  

There are many others I am going to add to my list and will do so as I have more free time.

ETA:  And yes, I know her real name but that is hers to share, not mine.   :)

• Kira, TripleHFarm and Samrdr1 like this
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#116 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I suspect those posts made you see red because that is what I wanted.  I was the Queen of Being Right.  I'd like to think I've demoted myself to Princess level. 

I am very tired of the arguments here and find myself thinking of moving on.  I probably won't but it's become a struggle.  Thankfully there is still enough non-controversial stuff here to keep me coming back.

Thanks, Shelly, for you kind comments.

• Kira, dowedoit and PleasantNightsArabians like this
Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#117 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts
  • Interests:Breeder of pure Polish Arabians. Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x AHBliss), available at stud to approved mares.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

I suspect those posts made you see red because that is what I wanted.  I was the Queen of Being Right.  I'd like to think I've demoted myself to Princess level. 

I am very tired of the arguments here and find myself thinking of moving on.  I probably won't but it's become a struggle.  Thankfully there is still enough non-controversial stuff here to keep me coming back.

Thanks, Shelly, for you kind comments.

Me too.  :)

Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#118 kcranford

kcranford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

Kudos to both you ladies - very classy  :)

• dowedoit likes this
RUSSKA FARMS, LLC
Arabian Show Horses
Dr. Russell & Kathy Cranford
"We were created by an Artist. We are meant to live beautifully every day."

#119 PleasantNightsArabians

PleasantNightsArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, raising, training, and showing quality Arabian horses.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

First off, today's discussion on this thread is a breath of fresh air. Good in you, ladies. We're all adults here, and it is nice to see people being civil, even if they do not agree.

On civility: I have not been a member here for a super long time, however I have been a lurker here for several years, and already know of certain members attacks and downright rude comments from the threads I have seen.

I have never been the subject of any attacks (yet), but I will say that it is becoming tiresome when any and all of the threads about anything and nothing in particular degenerate into disgusting attacks and nasty comments and eventually end up being locked. It is pretty disheartening when people (all of us whom love horses) cannot even bother to try and be civil, understanding, and patient. But the internet is a place that allows for anonymity, and where there is anonymity, there is more nastiness.
I have no doubt that certain people are just as nasty in real life as they are on here, and I feel sorry for them. But the best way to deal with people like this is to never respond to their taunts and efforts at stirring the pot.

Anyway, just thought I would add that. Resfreshing to see these posts today between dowedoit and Cecelia. :) good on you ladies!
  • BarnOwl likes this
Shadeed DA~2010 Chestnut stallion (Amir Shaklan [Om El Shahmaan x Adiqa Badeia] x Macarena Brahima [Sidi-Brahim x MA Halima Rouge])
PN Alrouhanih~2014 Grey colt (Mirage V++++// x Forrevermore)
Forrevermore~2006 Bay mare (Dark Alibi [Alada Baskin] x Carismor [GG Jabask])
Fiyaero SRA~2008 Grey mare (*Ecaho x Magenta PA [Magyar {Negatraz}])