Photo

Mitch Sperte (trainer)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmarxwell

jmarxwell

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

Mitch Sperte is new to my region, & I am moving to the Bay Area, so I am interested in learning more about him. If you have any knowledge of his background and/or abilities, I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

#2 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

Mitch is excellent - a true professional. We have sent two horses to him in the last 30 days. If you have any doubts about his ability to run a clean shop, check out his tack room... The photos are small but you can see he's ultra ULTRA organized.

We showed against him nearly twenty years ago when he was in Washington, you needed to bring your A game if you planned on beating any horse from his barn. They are worked with intent, groomed with attention to details and compete with a keen edge. When we saw he was coming to northern California, we wasted no time heading horses his direction. Jill Sherman, of Sherman Ranch where Mitch trains, has also been wonderful to work with.

Mitch will be honest with you in his assessment of your horse's abilities. He's held his Judge's card since 1982 and has judged Scottsdale and Nationals. He was a founding director of the Arabian Professional Horseman's Association in 1984 and was named Horseman of the Year in 1996.

What I appreciate most is how he looks on a horse, one of the best!

Attached Thumbnails

• Mitch's tackroom.jpg
  • Mitch's tackroom II.jpg

Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#3 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Mitch has been a good friend of mine for over 30yrs and he is a great guy! Honest-nice and really cares for the horses. Yes and a neat freak too! ;)
USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com

#4 Laura

Laura

Laura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

Mitch Sperte Is a superior English Trainer, Have admired his work ethic and attention to details for years ......!
Laura

#5 arab01

arab01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Wow! He needs to come set up my tack room! Love it!
Kristie Heath Putt
Shenandoah Stables
Evans,Ga

www.shenandoahstables.com

#6 jmarxwell

jmarxwell

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

wow! sounds good, thanks for the input...everything I see is focused on English disciplines, has he worked in any other disciplines?