Photo

New Parking Fees at Will Rogers/Ft. Worth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 kcranford

kcranford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

I just looked at the website, and it was $32 for both truck and trailer for four days.

Sucks to have to pay $12 to park a trailer, true. It's not like bringing a trailer is optional.

We always had to pay to park at the Michigan State Fairgrounds, 'back in the day'...and didn't sit well back then, but those were the rules you had to play by.

They charge to park at the Ft Worth Stock Show, it's easy to see how the powers that be made the logical leap.

Just made my reservation on line - there is only one small lot that is charging the lower fee and it is too small to park a larger trailer in. They are requiring separate registration for trucks and trailers - for 4 days Thurs-Sun, my truck was $20.00 + 3.00 "service fee" and my trailer was $40.00 + $6.00 "service fee" for
a total of $69.00. Not sure what the "service fees" are for added to these prices - #*##(@)@ !! :angry2:
RUSSKA FARMS, LLC
Arabian Show Horses
Dr. Russell & Kathy Cranford
"We were created by an Artist. We are meant to live beautifully every day."

#22 farmbabe

farmbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Just made my reservation on line - there is only one small lot that is charging the lower fee and it is too small to park a larger trailer in. They are requiring separate registration for trucks and trailers - for 4 days Thurs-Sun, my truck was $20.00 + 3.00 "service fee" and my trailer was $40.00 + $6.00 "service fee" for
a total of $69.00. Not sure what the "service fees" are for added to these prices - #*##(@)@ !! :angry2:

maybe they are going to 'service" your truck while you wait?

Put a note on the windshield-please change the oil and filter.

#23 Shah

Shah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

This 'bitching' is actually hilarious. If you know how much parking rates here on an ISLAND are, of which we have 6 habitable of 8, you'll think this is fair and reasonable price as everybody's gotta' earn a buck! Now, if you told me it was $70 a day, I might 'bat an eye'....

Ever thought they also might be trying to minimize clutter of trucks and trailers and getting folks to pursue 'creative' thinking in circumventing the $ outlay by shifting to other parts and parcels?

And don't y'all know that folks with horses have $$$$$$$$$$$$?! :ffs_money1_myspace: LOL!

Aloha! :)

Keep it simple, Keep it natural, Keep it fun, Keep it Savvy!

Posted Image

#24 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Here's the rub Shah. I had 4 horses in this show and there were 2 "Friends of Mayfest" Patronships bought. I got 1 parking pass for 1 car and never saw the Patron gift that was supposed to be given. Of the 3 horses I paid entry fees for, the checks totaled appx $1200.00 for all the entries, stalls, shavings, fees and so on. That's without ANY trainer showing fees added on. And then at the last minute I find out that isn't enough? They want to piss me off royally and charge $5/day/car and $10/day/trailer after all of that? My trainer had 37 horses entered in this show.....think about the fees I paid for 3 and multiply that by 37....and you can't include the frickin parking? It isn't that the parking fees were so outrageous, it's just that it's kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. One more charge on top of an already very expensive show.

Not to mention the money that came to town to attend this show. Hotel $500 for 4 nights (and don't start me on how badly Holiday Inn screwed up my reservations....$1500 for 4 nights, really?), Food, $40 or more per meal for 5 days......That $70 bucks was just sort of the final insult.

Pat Lowe

#25 Shah

Shah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Here's the rub Shah. I had 4 horses in this show and there were 2 "Friends of Mayfest" Patronships bought. I got 1 parking pass for 1 car and never saw the Patron gift that was supposed to be given. Of the 3 horses I paid entry fees for, the checks totaled appx $1200.00 for all the entries, stalls, shavings, fees and so on. That's without ANY trainer showing fees added on. And then at the last minute I find out that isn't enough? They want to piss me off royally and charge $5/day/car and $10/day/trailer after all of that? My trainer had 37 horses entered in this show.....think about the fees I paid for 3 and multiply that by 37....and you can't include the frickin parking? It isn't that the parking fees were so outrageous, it's just that it's kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. One more charge on top of an already very expensive show.

Not to mention the money that came to town to attend this show. Hotel $500 for 4 nights (and don't start me on how badly Holiday Inn screwed up my reservations....$1500 for 4 nights, really?), Food, $40 or more per meal for 5 days......That $70 bucks was just sort of the final insult.

But did you have fun and get any ribbons or some 'kala' (money) for winnings? If you did, this is well worth the jingle jangle. If not, saimin is recoup grub for slim eatings hereafter for the next 'healthy' round up time for the next big bling Show, I'd say. :)

Aloha!

Keep it simple, Keep it natural, Keep it fun, Keep it Savvy!

Posted Image

#26 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

But did you have fun and get any ribbons or some 'kala' (money) for winnings? If you did, this is well worth the jingle jangle. If not, saimin is recoup grub for slim eatings hereafter for the next 'healthy' round up time for the next big bling Show, I'd say. :)

Aloha!

LOL, Shah, we had a blast and we did well! I guess charging for parking when you throw a horse show is akin to charging a parking or cover charge when you've decided to throw a birthday party. Just bad etiquette.

Pat Lowe

#27 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

LOL, Shah, we had a blast and we did well! I guess charging for parking when you throw a horse show is akin to charging a parking or cover charge when you've decided to throw a birthday party. Just bad etiquette.

Hey Pat, who are you with? I'd love to come see you at R9!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 carolyn thompson

carolyn thompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hey Pat, who are you with? I'd love to come see you at R9!

I plan to volunteer at the gates at Region 9. It would be fun to meet other ABN folks there. Mayfest paid for the parking last year since it was implemented the week the show started. Mayfest is not the one charging to park and have no control over the situation. The city of Ft. Worth decided in their infinent wisdom to start charging to park at Will Rogers. I am sure it has hurt the many small shows that come there. I liked to go to the Bird Mart to see the the beautiful birds one rarely sees, but I didn't go this year because I just didn't want to pay five dollars for the priviledge.

The people that put on Mayfest said they tried everything they could think of to have the parking free but Ft. Worth will not make any exceptions. I noticed the numbers at the show were lower and people were worrying about the future of Arabian shows if it continues. I didn't go to watch the show in March. I wonder if the numbers were down in that show as well.

Contact Kristen. I am sure she will get your patron gift to you. I accidentally didn't hand out a 6th place ribbon to a youth rider and she is trying to find out who it is so we can send it to her.

#29 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Just like last year, I'll be working in the Patron's Lounge :-)

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

I know the show didn't charge for the parking, my point was that Ft Worth is making considerable $$$ on the rent of the facility and the stalls, as well as requiring you to buy shavings there at the facility. It's THEIR bad etiquette to rent out the facility for things and then to slap parking fees on top of everything else. I re-read my post and see that I wasn't clear about who I was b*tching about. Not NTAHC but Ft Worth, tacky!

I'm with Tamar Jenny, I'll be riding Desperado Moon, my black WP gelding in the select class. (Crossing fingers) I hope.

Pat Lowe