Photo

SSA Tango

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#11 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

If you "Facebook"...join the Arabian Horse Association of Michigan, and post on there. Just see who might know what.

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Thank you all so much for the information. I am going to try and track this old boy down and see if he is still in Michigan. I believe Datasource says Terry Thorpe owns him and since I am trying to find Star's sire who is also owned by Terry, I will definatly be tracking her down. Even if I have to write a letter and use snail mail.

I was just curious if there's anything new on Datasource regarding Tango, or if anyone on the forum has any information on him or Psylent Storm. If anyone is feeling gracious, I might as well try and find any information on Star's dam, EEC Starlite Tango too & see if it leads anywhere.

From what information I have collected, Terry passed away and her kids sold all the horses for dirt cheap. I heard from someone somewhere that somebody in Michigan bought Tango but that's as far as I've gotten. No word on Psylent Storm. I've posted on AHAM's Facebook page with no luck so far.

Thanks!

Standing PM Backfire (MS Firedevil x MS Kora)

2005 Polish Related Arabian Stallion

SCIDS/CA Clear
www.diamondminearabians.com

#13 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

SSA Tango is still in Terry's name. There have been no registered foals by him since 2000.

Psylent Storm in also still in Terry's name but had a half-arab foal born in 2010.

EEC Starlite Tango is also still in Terry's name. She has only the one recorded foal, spelled "HR Pyslent Star" on Data Source.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

WCF Rampage+/ bay purebred gelding

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#14 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Thank you, I guess it will forever remain a mystery!

SCIDS/CA Clear

#15 forestviewfarm

forestviewfarm

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi, I became a member just so I could post about this topic!

I rode at Terry's and was good friends with her when she got sick in 2010. When she was put in a care home her son and brother wanted all of the horses gone from the property (they didn't really care how much money they got from selling them), so Marissa(who was mentioned earlier in this feed), her sister, and a few others started giving horses away and selling for VERY cheap. Before Terry got sick it was made clear that if anything were to happen to her two of her stallions Psylent Storm and his stud colt would go to Kathie Edie, Terry's best friend who I bought my horse from. When Terry didn't get any better Kathie came and got Psylent Storm and SSA Tango (instead of the colt who Marissa's family now owns). I talked to Kathie in Nov of last year and both horses were doing well. Storm does have some tumors, he is a grey, but they didn't seem to bother him any. Tango was getting grumpy in his old age, but he was still very active when I saw him last.

So yes they are still in MI, most likely both still alive and in the care of Kathie Edie. Terry's broodmares were sold for rock bottom prices to mostly pet homes, which explains why there hasn't been owner transfers.

If I forgot to answer anything or any of you have anymore questions, just let me know!

Emily

#16 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

SSA TANGO

http://www.flickr.co...isa/3340849745/

There's also a quite recent comment on this photo from someone who used to own Tango.

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association

#17 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi, I became a member just so I could post about this topic!

I rode at Terry's and was good friends with her when she got sick in 2010. When she was put in a care home her son and brother wanted all of the horses gone from the property (they didn't really care how much money they got from selling them), so Marissa(who was mentioned earlier in this feed), her sister, and a few others started giving horses away and selling for VERY cheap. Before Terry got sick it was made clear that if anything were to happen to her two of her stallions Psylent Storm and his stud colt would go to Kathie Edie, Terry's best friend who I bought my horse from. When Terry didn't get any better Kathie came and got Psylent Storm and SSA Tango (instead of the colt who Marissa's family now owns). I talked to Kathie in Nov of last year and both horses were doing well. Storm does have some tumors, he is a grey, but they didn't seem to bother him any. Tango was getting grumpy in his old age, but he was still very active when I saw him last.

So yes they are still in MI, most likely both still alive and in the care of Kathie Edie. Terry's broodmares were sold for rock bottom prices to mostly pet homes, which explains why there hasn't been owner transfers.

If I forgot to answer anything or any of you have anymore questions, just let me know!

Emily

WOW!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! You have NOOOO idea how long I have been searching for this information!!!!! I would really like honestly to either meet Storm & Tango, or at least see photos of them :) Can you ask your friend if she'd be willing to let me have her email or phone number? It'd really be the missing pieces to the 'Star' puzzle!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I'm so giddy right now its kind of sad....LOL

SCIDS/CA Clear

#18 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Kathie Edie was one cool chick when I knew her :)

She had a beautiful chestnut gelding named DT (Decision Time) wow, did I covet him :) Just checked, DT was a Tango son. Go figure ;-)

So glad you've found some dots to connect!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 forestviewfarm

forestviewfarm

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

I will ask Kathy for you...I just saw that she put Tango down at the end of October, he was 26.5 years old.

#20 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

That's to bad :( Good that he lived a long healthy life though :) If you can ask her for me that'd be awesome, my email is dmarabians@live.com. If she is email handy I'd love to see pictures of both of Storm & Tango.

Thank you!

SCIDS/CA Clear