Photo

SSA Tango

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has heard of the Spanish Arabian stallion SSA Tango. He is sired by *Rastano and out of *Parafina II. He was born in 1985 and is chestnut. There is a photo of him on the SAHS site, and it says quote: "In a limited show career, Tango had wins in Stallion Breeding and was also shown in Western Pleasure. Five daughters (one Classical Spanish) and one son have bred on.". That ONE Classical Spanish daughter of his that bred on, is EEC StarliteTango; my mare's dam. He is the maternal grandsire of my 3/4 Spanish mare, HR Psylent Star.

That ends all the information I have on him. I would like to know if anyone's ever met him, seen him in person or knows anything else about him besides the above. Is he still alive? Does anyone know who currently owns him?

Standing PM Backfire (MS Firedevil x MS Kora)

2005 Polish Related Arabian Stallion

SCIDS/CA Clear
www.diamondminearabians.com

#2 Floaty Trot

Floaty Trot

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has heard of the Spanish Arabian stallion SSA Tango. He is sired by *Rastano and out of *Parafina II. He was born in 1985 and is chestnut. There is a photo of him on the SAHS site, and it says quote: "In a limited show career, Tango had wins in Stallion Breeding and was also shown in Western Pleasure. Five daughters (one Classical Spanish) and one son have bred on.". That ONE Classical Spanish daughter of his that bred on, is EEC StarliteTango; my mare's dam. He is the maternal grandsire of my 3/4 Spanish mare, HR Psylent Star.

That ends all the information I have on him. I would like to know if anyone's ever met him, seen him in person or knows anything else about him besides the above. Is he still alive? Does anyone know who currently owns him?

Oops! I'm a newbie. Datasource says is currently owned by Terry A Thorpe, Stockbridge MI 49285. If you manage to get any pics, ask her if you can post them here. Would love to see what he looks like!

Deanna

#3 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

Oops! I'm a newbie. Datasource says is currently owned by Terry A Thorpe, Stockbridge MI 49285. If you manage to get any pics, ask her if you can post them here. Would love to see what he looks like!

Deanna

Terry also owns Star's sire, 1/2 Spanish stallion Psylent Storm. I will have to write to her as I cannot find ANY email or website information on her.

SSA Tango

SCIDS/CA Clear

#4 Katherine

Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

We had talked to Terry Thorpe many years ago before we purchased Dias about SSA Tango. He was stunning. She said he had a delightful personality as well. Robert says we have a video of him around here somewhere if we can find it we will try to get a CD made for you so you know what he looked like. I have no idea if he is still alive and with Terry we couldn't find her either when we tried later. Would love to hear about him if any information becomes available. Katherine
Katherine (usually) and Robert Whitecotton

#5 szedlisa

szedlisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hello,

If SSA TANGO is still alive (1985 version) his last registered owner is:
TERRY A THORPE
3510 M52
STOCKBRIDGE, MI 49285

His show record:
AHA Recognized Competition Region Dates
Class Description Place Score/% # in Class Ach Award Points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WMAHA 21ST ANNUAL CLASSIC (3771) Region: 13 30-AUG-96 to 02-SEP-96
Arabian Stallion Breeding 5 5 0
ASHAM HORSE SHOW (2680) Region: 13 22-SEP-94 to 25-SEP-94
Arabian Stallion Breeding 6 6 0
MHSA SPRING HORSE SHOW (2529) Region: 13 12-MAY-94 to 15-MAY-94
Arabian Stallion Breeding 1 6 1
AHAM AMATEUR SHOW II (2088) Region: 13 21-AUG-93 to 22-AUG-93
Arabian Stallion Breeding AT 2 10 1
ASHAM HORSE SHOW (1733) Region: 13 25-SEP-92 to 27-SEP-92
Arabian Western Pl 6 6 0
Arabian Stallion Breeding 4 5 0
MICHIGAN STATE FAIR (1767) Region: 13 31-AUG-92 to 01-SEP-92
Arabian Stallion Breeding 3 6 0
AMATEUR OWNER TO RIDE 2 (1772) Region: 13 22-AUG-92 to 23-AUG-92
Arabian Stallion Breeding AT 2 6 0
AMATEUR OWNER SHOW 1 (1093) Region: 13 04-MAY-91 to 05-MAY-91
Arabian Stallion Breeding AT 6 6 0
ASHAM HORSE SHOW (87476) Region: 13 02-OCT-87 to 04-OCT-87
Arabian Stallion Breeding 1 3 .5

SSA TANGO had 22 get and 11 grandget.
EEC STARLITETANGO has a younger full sister, HR TANGOS SILVERGAL (1998), also bred by the same breeder:
DEBORAH K ROSCOE
10668 TWIN OAKS DR
BRIGHTON, MI 48114

Maybe she could give you more information.

Lisa

#6 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thank you both so much! That is more then I thought I would have thought I would get. I am going to try and contact Terry and maybe try tracking Deborah Rosco down as well regarding HR Tango's Silvergal. Now did Rosco breed Tango's Silvergal or is she the last recorded owner? Because Star's reg. name is HR Psylent Star...which means whoever bred HR Tango's Silvergal bred Star. According to Star's papers she was bred by Terry.

SCIDS/CA Clear

#7 Katherine

Katherine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

Deborah Rosco is listed as the breeder on data source for HR Tangos Silvergal. I believe she is advertised on Dream Horse for sale and I believe needs to be sold soon. The contact E-Mail for the person selling her is marissaklim@yahoo.com Please send her an E-Mail for this beautifully bred mare. Such a find! Katherine
Katherine (usually) and Robert Whitecotton

#8 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

I used to board at Sha-Raz Spanish Arabians, in Belleville, MI back then.

Tango was there then, and if you count memories that are nearly 30 years old, he was a pretty cool horse. They also stood NV Pingo. Jerry Drown owned the farm, and his daughter was Darlene. I believe they moved to Arizona, and did not take many if any horses with them.

Maybe someone reading this will have their own memory jogged.

I can still remember riding down the dirt roads that ShaRaz was on. Weird, huh.

Kathie and Mike Edie had some Sha Raz horses, too I think. Wonder if FaceBook might provide a venue of connection?

ETA: Just checked Datasource...and Kathie and Mike owned Tango. Doh. They had a really cool half Arabian out of a Morgan mare (Decisions Decisions) that was named Decision Time. Gosh I wanted him.

If you have Datasource, there's a lot of sleuthing that might lead you to people with more history.

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 szedlisa

szedlisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:01 AM

SSA TANGO

http://www.flickr.co...isa/3340849745/

#10 hrpsylentstar

hrpsylentstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Thank you all so much for the information. I am going to try and track this old boy down and see if he is still in Michigan. I believe Datasource says Terry Thorpe owns him and since I am trying to find Star's sire who is also owned by Terry, I will definatly be tracking her down. Even if I have to write a letter and use snail mail.

SCIDS/CA Clear