Photo

My sabino and his foals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Not sure why I haven't posted about my boy here before, as he definitely fits the bill. This is Nyght Storm, a 1986 model bay, classic Sabino ( 4 socks and a blaze and chin white). Both his parents were also classically marked Sabinos, his dam comes from a long line of chrome, and all her foals had tons of white themselves. Unfortunately Storm's previous owner didn't register ANY of his foals, so I have no records for all of them, but the ones I Do know were all Sabinos. His first son was a chestnut classic Sabino, unfortunately he has 30 or so foals that I haven't found yet to know how they are colored, then his last 3, out of an arab/Appy mare, one had 3 medium socks and a star, and the other two have socks up past the knees, extensive face white and large belly spots.

Unfortunately I don't have better pics of his foals yet, but this is what I do have:

This is his coming 2 year old:
Posted Image

His foal from last year:
Posted Image

this guy is coming 3 but was just over 2 in this pic :

Posted Image

and this is the most recent shot of my man, still in his winter fuzzies..
Posted Image

#2 allanglos

allanglos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

Like the weanling. Who is the dam? Are any of these foals registered? Is the stallion in your name or have you owned him since 1988?
Email me

The Inverted Y
National Champion Anglo Arabians since 1977

www.allanglos.net

#3 Bey Sara

Bey Sara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

Love the weanling! :bigemo_harabe_net-110:

#4 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

the dam is the same for all 3 of those boys, she is an Appy/Arab mare. Unfortunately none of them were registered 8( I have only had Storm since October, he will be in my name shortly ( just waiting for the papers in the mail).

#5 WSArabians

WSArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

That wealing in stunning! If he were purebred, I'd be all over that guy.
Are you breeding him to any purebred mares this year? Or expecting any purebred foals?

Whispering Secret Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians!

#6 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm hoping to get more info on more of his past foals so I can see how they finished.

I don't have in advertised ( the arab market in my area is dismal, already some nice, proven stallions in my area that get very few breedings), but would absolutely LOVE to get some registered, purebred foals on the ground, the problem is finding people who like the old style type and are willing to breed to an old man with no show record. His sire mainly showed in open shows, so there is no arabian show record but he did compete to medium level dressage and Storm has a lot of lovely half siblings that have also done well in open show circuits, dressage etc. I HOPE to get Storm out to some shows this year too, give the big man a chance to strut his stuff, better late than never ;)

Here are some recent photos:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am still considering putting him to my Andalusian/Arab mare, she is a minimal sabino, and I have seen some minimal sabinos pop out some pretty crazy marked foals, so it would be really interesting to see what they produced.

#7 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:06 AM

I can't believe how nice he look s compared to when you got him, you have done an amazing job with him.

#8 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

ST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

The stallion DOES look great, way to go !!! And the Chestnut Colt with all the Chrome, ADORABLE !!!!

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Chestnut Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1982 Bay Stallion

Spirit's Finale' HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal ) 2013 Grey filly

#9 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

thanks ladies, I honestly wasn't too sure how he was going to turn out, I had seen photos of his family, and have a few of his sire so I had an idea, but wasn't sure if he was going to be just another fugly horse that was left as a stud because he had a good temperament, or if his bloodlines were going to shine through, and I was very happy with what he blossomed back in to.

#10 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

I too love the weanling, very cute! What is the breeding on your old guy? I really see DRESSAGE horse when I look at him. Oh yeah I am all about old breeding - they just don't make them like they used to.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:
ZEUS MR (JS Padronov x MSN Zamia by Ansata Shah Zam)
2012 SHN Top Ten Arabian Sport Horse In Hand Stallion ATH