Photo

FTP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

So I have no idea what to do with FTP...I keep getting error code 550...can any techies out there help me!?!

#2 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

Well, what are you trying to do? Show us the command you're typing.

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association

#3 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Ambar. :) I am trying to upload photos to make a photobook through an online company. I have no idea what the command is. I thought I should just have to drag and drop the files to transfer them, then start the upload... ? LOL! I have no clue!!!

#4 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

FTP is a command-line protocol, which will look something like this in use. It doesn't speak drag and drop. :)

$ ftp ftp.mirapoint.com
Connected to ftp.mirapoint.com.
Name (ftp.mirapoint.com:ambar): anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230 Login successful.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

Why don't you give us the URL of the photobook site where the instructions are? We can probably puzzle them out together.

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association