Photo

Region 17 Colts on Circuit After Two?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 BaskinNBey

BaskinNBey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

A reputable and respectable breeder suggested that it may be illegal on the Region 17 circuit for a HA Colt over two to show with them? I've e-mailed the CAHR but they're not always speedy in replying (probably pretty busy this time of year, gearing up for registration and so on), so I was curious if anyone here has RECENTLY (Rules seem to always be changing)looked into this, with a response?

Home Of
Ebony El Poloosa BG
2010 Flaxen Chestnut Splash with Blanket colt

#2 stace

stace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

A reputable and respectable breeder suggested that it may be illegal on the Region 17 circuit for a HA Colt over two to show with them? I've e-mailed the CAHR but they're not always speedy in replying (probably pretty busy this time of year, gearing up for registration and so on), so I was curious if anyone here has RECENTLY (Rules seem to always be changing)looked into this, with a response?

Is this in halter classes? Last time I checked it was not permissible to bring a HA colt over 1 yr into the ring (as halter classes for HA are geared for geldings and mares only)

the sport horse division did have HA colt classes I believe over 2 yrs old
~~Stace~~
~~Skye Angel (LMA Prospector x GA Scarlet Angel) '97 Bay Purebred, 2006 Region 18 Champ Native Costume ATR, AHAEC Hi-Point Native Costume. In foal to FSF Jesse James for a 2013 Baby!
~~Nikita Angel RLSA (SFA Magnus x Skye Angel) '05 Grey Purebred, shown Native Costume & Sporthorse~

#3 BaskinNBey

BaskinNBey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Is this in halter classes? Last time I checked it was not permissible to bring a HA colt over 1 yr into the ring (as halter classes for HA are geared for geldings and mares only)

the sport horse division did have HA colt classes I believe over 2 yrs old

I think she was refering to any discipline.

The colt will be Sport Horse type. He is soon to be double registered with the International Pattern Sport Horse Registry, and he will also be licensed with them, but I would like him to be on the Arab circuit in atleast Halter, if possible.

Home Of
Ebony El Poloosa BG

#4 stace

stace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

I think she was refering to any discipline.

The colt will be Sport Horse type. He is soon to be double registered with the International Pattern Sport Horse Registry, and he will also be licensed with them, but I would like him to be on the Arab circuit in atleast Halter, if possible.

Nope, under saddle classes should be fine for a HA stud.

You have an age restriction in Halter, at least, as i checked last year. It is set as at a year old. You can always phone AHA to confirm, as most shows are under their jurisdiction.

Sport horse inhand classes will allow for a HA/Anglo colt over 2 years to be shown as a stallion.
~~Stace~~
~~Skye Angel (LMA Prospector x GA Scarlet Angel) '97 Bay Purebred, 2006 Region 18 Champ Native Costume ATR, AHAEC Hi-Point Native Costume. In foal to FSF Jesse James for a 2013 Baby!
~~Nikita Angel RLSA (SFA Magnus x Skye Angel) '05 Grey Purebred, shown Native Costume & Sporthorse~

#5 BaskinNBey

BaskinNBey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

Nope, under saddle classes should be fine for a HA stud.

You have an age restriction in Halter, at least, as i checked last year. It is set as at a year old. You can always phone AHA to confirm, as most shows are under their jurisdiction.

Sport horse inhand classes will allow for a HA/Anglo colt over 2 years to be shown as a stallion.

He's CAHR registered, not AHA - will that make a difference?

Home Of
Ebony El Poloosa BG

#6 stace

stace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

He's CAHR registered, not AHA - will that make a difference?

Nope.

CAHR and AHA work together, so to speak. Any CAHR/CPAR horse is able to be shown at an AHA show. Depending on where your colt is bred/born, you may also be eligible for the Western and Eastern Breeders, which is focussed on Canadian horses. I don't know the ruling now, but it was that the horse had to be bred/born in Canada to be shown at these two events. Likely hasn't changed.
~~Stace~~

#7 BaskinNBey

BaskinNBey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for all your input :)

Home Of
Ebony El Poloosa BG