Photo

Park riding

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 skymare

skymare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

I've been coming to this forum for a couple years now, but I cannot remain silent anymore. This method of riding I utterly detest. I'd like to see people justifying why this should even be allowed anymore. The damage you people do to your horses physique, especially backs, infuriates me. Not to mention the complete lack of riding skills on display. I'd like one of you to show me what is proper riding and horse management.

This is what people outside the US think of park riding.

http://forum.cyberho...ead.php?t=85482 That's just to give you guys an inkling. When I find a more indepth argument against I'll post it too and you can see how much you are torturing your poor animals. You might want to look around at what proper riding is as well. Here's your first tip. #1 DON'T ride on the horses lower back or rump.
Breeder of Pure Crabbet Arabians.
Mill Park Anabella (Mill Park Amastar x Millbanda Bellalina)

Farnaway Golightly(pend) Colt by Senussi.

#2 Bey Sara

Bey Sara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

It does look like the horse is sruggling. Personally I don't like this type of riding.

#3 Gogetter

Gogetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'd like to see solid proof of the damage you claim is being done. Actually, I think the number of park horses who stay sound well into their late teens/early 20's--Aequus, Allience, etc. might exceed those in other disciplines.

Nice job coming in here on the attack. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish. So you don't like it? Good, don't ride that way then.

Amy Johnson Proud owner of Carangi+/ (Versace X Giavanna)

2013 Region 2 UNANIMOUS Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Region 1 Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Youth National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure JTR 14-18
2012 U.S. National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54; Region 2 Champ Hunter Pl. AATR 40+ and Hunter Pl. Open, Res Champ PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR; Region 1 Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40 and over, Reserve Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 and over 2011 U.S. National Top Ten (third!) PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54, Region 1 Champ PB Hunter AAOTR 40 and Over, Region 2 Reserve Champ PB Hunter AATR

#4 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

Ought oh.

I just want to make the correction that this is an English Pleasure horse you are viewing. Park is a whole different ball game, one you may detest even more.

Carry on.

#5 fyreflii7

fyreflii7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Nice job coming in here on the attack. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish. So you don't like it? Good, don't ride that way then.

I agree here. If you don't like what you're seeing, don't pay attention to it.

I don't like peanut rolling Quarter Horses, so I just don't look at them. Same thing.

Ashley Bibby
‚Äčemail

Trinnity (Triften+/ x SWF Noble Portrait/MHR Nobility)
Divinity JS (Nobilistic BF x JHB Debutante/Promotion)
Ballerina JS (Erykk MF x Westover Brandie/Al Banat)

#6 summerhunny11

summerhunny11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I hope you have also posted your opinions on "OUR" riding on the Saddlebred, morgan, friesians, and the other breeds perform saddleseat? As for the video, that was a very tall man on a smaller horse which did look a little awkward. Like someone else said, coming in with your guns a blazin' is really not necessary and rude. There are MANY forms of bad riding in Dressage, HJ, eventing, etc with ALLLLLLLL breeds.........

My love: JAZZ SAMIR 1993 Grey PB Gelding
Gwalabu (Gwalior x Bint Kyrwa) X WN Baleza (GG Samir x GA Annie)

#7 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

WOW! It's almost like somebody wrote that jokingly as a form of making a mockery out of how uneducated people make ludicrous posts without doing their homework first! People never cease to amaze me!!

Did anyone READ the comments those people made on their forum???? Good grief! I REALLY hope people from other countries don't read our forum and discover how LITTLE we truly know about them and how vain we are to think we do! lmao

First off: they think the link is of a stallion named CEDAR RIDGE in Australia when in reality this is about the CEDAR RIDGE farm in Minnesota (US). They are talking about the Cedar Ridge online auction, which just took place and the horse in the video (Emmanuel) is one of the horses that was listed in the catalog. Emmanuel is an EP horse by the way, NOT PARK! I saw the results of the sale and all the horses sold for BIG BUCKS :)The video they posted is quite obviously NOT a professional riding, but an AMATEUR owner :( No wonder people are scared to get out in the ring and TRY!!

I like how one person comments that we "sell our foals in utero"???? Like that's a bad thing! lol. YES, WE DO!!! If people want to buy a foal you bred before that foal is even born it means YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!! As a breeder, one only wishes they could sell all their foals in-utero! lol. The particular one they were talking about actually sold for a good dollar to!(also part of the Cedar Ridge online sale). Many dog breeders have the entire litter of pups sold before they're ever born. In fact, I believe it's common practice to have a waiting list for a pup! Not that I think we should be mass producing horses like we do with dogs, but can you imagine how great it would be to have people lining up to buy your foals?????

As someone already stated, many EP and Park horses (and many other disciplines) stay sound, sane and rideable well into their 20's so I highly doubt they're being ruined simply by the discipline. I know of WAY more dressage,racing,jumping and western horses that are unsound and "ruined" from poor maintenance and bad riding. ALL disciplines of riding can ruin a good horse, period!

ANY horse in ANY discipline can get sore & become unsound if they are not conditioned and maintained properly. Often times they are also forced to endure disciplines that are not conducive to their conformation and poor riding :(

To be very honest, I have seen many "foreign" riders who were lacking in the skills department. Can you imagine how rude it would be if I went on one of their boards and told them what horrible horsemanship they had because of that ONE person I saw riding poorly??? I really don't think you can judge a whole country of riders (or a discipline) based on ONE example!!!!!! (ever heard of stereotyping, prejudice, racism???)Wow, RUDE!! I suggest you do some further research. I'd love to see the stats/facts that show how many horses were ruined by Park!

Constructive criticism is more than welcome, if it's well-educated, intelligent criticism based on facts and not just an uneducated GUESS...
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#8 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

Poor horse looks like he's ruined!

He won 2 National Championships at 19 years of age in 2007!!!
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#9 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#10 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:11 AM

I've been coming to this forum for a couple years now, but I cannot remain silent anymore. This method of riding I utterly detest. I'd like to see people justifying why this should even be allowed anymore. The damage you people do to your horses physique, especially backs, infuriates me. Not to mention the complete lack of riding skills on display. I'd like one of you to show me what is proper riding and horse management.

This is what people outside the US think of park riding.

http://forum.cyberho...ead.php?t=85482 That's just to give you guys an inkling. When I find a more indepth argument against I'll post it too and you can see how much you are torturing your poor animals. You might want to look around at what proper riding is as well. Here's your first tip. #1 DON'T ride on the horses lower back or rump.

God, I get so sick of this.