Photo

Trail ride get together

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 myhorse

myhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

I am looking for any fellow ABN'ers that would be interested in getting a trail riding group together for sometime towards the beginning of March.I have a few young horses I would like to get out on the trails and would like someone to ride with. I am not sure where we would go...maybe the LBJ grasslands? It would just be a nice, slow ride but tons of fun. We could maybe even camp the night before. Anyone interested?
Nothing better than galloping across the pasture with the wind in your hair.

#2 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

Depends on where the LBJ grasslands are and when you'd set to do it, but it sounds like fun to me! I have a lovely mare who is just learning her trail riding ropes, so would love to expose her to as many new locations as possible thid summer.

Pat Lowe

#3 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

I might come, and I bet we could round up more if you posted on FB :-)

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 myhorse

myhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

I am good with meeting anywhere that is good for the majority at a time that is good for the majority. I work every other weekend. I just happen to be taking 9 days off the first week of March. :)

@ Jenny you have more horsie friends on Facebook than I do. My work friends would have no idea what I was posting about lol. So you are welcome to help get a group together. I think I have one friend that will haul with me.

I am all ready to do this kind of thing once a month if I can get a group together.

#5 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

Count me in whenever I can! Love trails and love going in big groups! I think the more new stuff they get expsosed to on trail the better they'll do at a big show!

Pat Lowe

#6 myhorse

myhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

Here is a link to the LBJ Grasslands site http://www.grassland...b.com/grass.htm
It is in Decatur.

#7 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

I found 'em and if we can set a date for a ride, I can try to combine a trip down to Dallas/Ft Worth to coincide with a ride, probably more than once this summer.

Pat Lowe

#8 myhorse

myhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

We are aiming for the first ride to be March 6th. Would have done the 5th but that is the day of Winterfest for our local arabian club.

#9 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

We are aiming for the first ride to be March 6th. Would have done the 5th but that is the day of Winterfest for our local arabian club.

Ok, well, I know I'll be down on the 28th & 1st, if I can work it to come back down on the 4th & 5th, I may stay over and do the ride. What time are you going to try to meet and where?

Pat Lowe

#10 VanAlma

VanAlma

Van Alma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Ooooh, I'm going to see if I can make that this weekend! I have a young gelding who needs miles and experience anywhere. That could be really cool but don't know what's going on with hubby who's out of town right now. I think getting together would be really cool.