Photo

Which one should I keep based on bloodlines?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Local Talent

Local Talent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

I have two colts by the same sire who are very differant in temperment, breeding, and conformation, but I can only keep one. What do you think of their pedigrees? Also what percentage Polish, Crabbet, etc. would you say they are? I am a little confused about the old strains also. Any thoughts??
The grey colt is Bermuda Konstelation http://www.allbreedp...da konstelation
and the bay colt is Bermuda Bravo http://www.allbreedp...m/bermuda bravo

Loved by:

ST Etowah (Sam Basque x Dirty Money)
Bermuda Bravo (BA Minoska x With Authority) *home-bred*

#2 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

I have the SX Champion lines and love them. They are sensible, smart and extremely durable. My 22 year old SX Champion daughter qualified for SHN in hand so we are taking her at 22. She could easily be fitted up to do a 25 miler and still show Class A. I am really partial to these bloodlines as you can tell.

#3 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

They are both well bred horses. I guess if I were you I'd keep the best colt and that includes the one that looks the most like his pedigree.

Photos???

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#4 Local Talent

Local Talent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for your comments... I put some pics of them in My Gallery, but not sure how to post them here. Bravo has a very nice head and is a perfect blend of his sire and his dam. Konstelation is a little more rugged looking with a plain head, but good bone and substance. He would make an excellant distance competitor.

Loved by:

ST Etowah (Sam Basque x Dirty Money)
Bermuda Bravo (BA Minoska x With Authority) *home-bred*