Photo

Florida line of Arabians

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sheila Ashlin

Sheila Ashlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

Does anyone remember the Mountain Park Arabian Ranch in Brooksville, Florida? This was way back in the 60.s and were the get of Galimar. They were Bel Khyber, Bel Yacca, etc. I'm trying tofind out who was the mother of Bel Yacca. He was the sire my arabian Bel Yara. My first husband took of with the pedigrees when he got Alxheimers, then died and they are lost. Thanks for any help>

#2 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,043 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

KETUYRA, the names your looking for all start MPR, took a while to find it. BELYARAS SUNSHINE HAHR*1A109510 Palomino 1972 has no dam listed.

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
IMANA 2006 bay mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
AL RAZEEL 2010 Chestnut colt for sale
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#3 Eclectic

Eclectic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:44 AM

Does anyone remember the Mountain Park Arabian Ranch in Brooksville, Florida? This was way back in the 60.s and were the get of Galimar. They were Bel Khyber, Bel Yacca, etc. I'm trying tofind out who was the mother of Bel Yacca. He was the sire my arabian Bel Yara. My first husband took of with the pedigrees when he got Alxheimers, then died and they are lost. Thanks for any help>

Off the subject but where in Apopka do you live? I lived there for 8 years. Lived off Rock Springs Rd.

#4 Sheila Ashlin

Sheila Ashlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:23 AM

Off the subject but where in Apopka do you live? I lived there for 8 years. Lived off Rock Springs Rd.

Hi, Eclectic, I have lived on 3801 Rock Springs road, Apopka, since 1950, and had a ranch there called Pine Meadow Ranch. I had a few registered Arabians, but mainly was a trainer of any horse breeds, mainly western, reining, and dressage later. I don't have horses just now, and the county has taken most of my land for the new hiway project around here. I live way off the paved road, so is why you never saw a sign. I had several ads in Arabian Horse World years ago for MPR Bel Yara. I see you are active in the horse world. If is okay to ask, Where off Rock Springs Rd did you have your place? I know of several.

#5 Sheila Ashlin

Sheila Ashlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

You are right, the horse's names begin with MPR. My stallion, MPR Bel Yara, was out of Ketuyra, by MPR Bel Yacca, whose sire was Galimar, a Gainey arabian that was American national champion several times back in the 1960's. He was owned by Judge McClung in Brooksville,Florida, then. Thanks for looking that up for me. I didn't realize the MPR part of the name was essential. I will go the Arabian strains section and see what I can find out there. Thanks again.