Photo

Apaladin offspring?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Thanks to all the posters on this topic. This mare's dam is Miss Allience, by Allience, and out of a Governor daughter. She's just 14.3 (yes--"back in the day" this would've seemed a nice average size!) so several of the stallions mentioned I've ruled out on this basis, even though I love them. I'd breed to Mamage in a heartbeat if the mare was bigger. Peter, how big is Magic, and what kind of size has he produced in his foals? Some interesting new names have emerged in this thread--I'll certainly check them out. Yes--I recognize what a corner we've bred ourselves into in the SS division. It makes breeding Half-Arabians a very viable alternative, and probably one I'll pursue with this mare eventually. This actually makes me a little sad--because I love the purebreds so much--but the breeding options are really limited for what I want to produce, and these days a great moving Half-Arab is selling for as much or more than a purebred, at least in our part of the country.

Happy New Year to all!

Magic is 15 hh 1/2 inch barefoot and has sired size. I have a 15.1 1/2 hh mare by him out of a 14.3hh mare that I'd like to lease. She had a wonderful TC Miyake filly in 2010. That is why I wanted to see you go with TC Miyake. I think he is for real. If your mare wasn't out of an Allience daughter I'd recommend Chris Johnson's Allience son Ballience V but maybe that is too close. You need to talk to Kim Morris who owns Miyake and see if she can show you foals out of mares bred like yours.

Good luck.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#32 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

OP have you considered Heir to Glory?
He, like Apaladin, traces back to an El Magato daughter & El-Zarib by Abu Farwa. He has no Huck, but has a line to Barbary; he also has lines to good old fashioned moving horses like Rissalix & Oran, and his 4th dam is Elza (3rd dam to Elimar & El Ghazi). I had intended to use him with my Barbary daughter who I recently lost in hopes of a future broodmare for my IXL/AFB stallion.
Posted Image
Some Glory foals
Posted Image

#33 myhoofpics

myhoofpics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

OP have you considered Heir to Glory?
He, like Apaladin, traces back to an El Magato daughter & El-Zarib by Abu Farwa. He has no Huck, but has a line to Barbary; he also has lines to good old fashioned moving horses like Rissalix & Oran, and his 4th dam is Elza (3rd dam to Elimar & El Ghazi). I had intended to use him with my Barbary daughter who I recently lost in hopes of a future broodmare for my IXL/AFB stallion.
Posted Image
Some Glory foals
Posted Image

That's another one I'd not thought of--and I really loved Al-Marah Canadius. There is a lot of "old" motion in that pedigree! So sorry about the loss of your Barbary daughter. Thanks again.

CJ Wendling

myhoofpics@gmail.com

Use your Horse Pictures
Make photo books, posters, gifts

#34 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

I saw Apaladin show at Canadian Nationals in Halter and Park AND WHAT A FREAKIN' COOL HORSE!!!

Ps...don't know if Erykk MF has been mentioned, but I love him too!

#35 myhoofpics

myhoofpics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

Magic is 15 hh 1/2 inch barefoot and has sired size. I have a 15.1 1/2 hh mare by him out of a 14.3hh mare that I'd like to lease. She had a wonderful TC Miyake filly in 2010. That is why I wanted to see you go with TC Miyake. I think he is for real. If your mare wasn't out of an Allience daughter I'd recommend Chris Johnson's Allience son Ballience V but maybe that is too close. You need to talk to Kim Morris who owns Miyake and see if she can show you foals out of mares bred like yours.

Good luck.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

Thanks Peter--How have you found the Miyake offspring as far as temperment and trainability? We have one in the barn right now I'm not crazy about--I think it may be that old Cognac line that's just a little challenging sometimes. But, she can trot like a house on fire! I love Zodiac Matador temperments--guess it just depends which side of the house is predominent. I do love all the "chrome" on Magic. (Our mare is "whiteless") Have any of his offspring been shown, and if so, how have they done? I appreciate your input.

CJ Wendling

myhoofpics@gmail.com

Use your Horse Pictures
Make photo books, posters, gifts

#36 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Peter--How have you found the Miyake offspring as far as temperment and trainability? We have one in the barn right now I'm not crazy about--I think it may be that old Cognac line that's just a little challenging sometimes. But, she can trot like a house on fire! I love Zodiac Matador temperments--guess it just depends which side of the house is predominent. I do love all the "chrome" on Magic. (Our mare is "whiteless") Have any of his offspring been shown, and if so, how have they done? I appreciate your input.

The TC Miyake filly Peter mentioned is mine (my avatar). She is very smart, willing and has a to die for personality. Everything I show her, I only show her once and she gets it. Walked right into the wash rack. Never needed a butt rope to learn to lead. Clips and is great for the farrier. I did spend a significant amount of time with her from 0 to 3 months. I also give her mother credit. She is a great mother and not over bearing. She allowed the filly to be independent.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#37 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,918 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

:)

The TC Miyake filly Peter mentioned is mine (my avatar). She is very smart, willing and has a to die for personality. Everything I show her, I only show her once and she gets it. Walked right into the wash rack. Never needed a butt rope to learn to lead. Clips and is great for the farrier. I did spend a significant amount of time with her from 0 to 3 months. I also give her mother credit. She is a great mother and not over bearing. She allowed the filly to be independent.

Denise

And did I mentione that her mother is available for lease. Especially to someone interested in TC Miyake. Ooops sorry, off topic. :)

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#38 Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hi everyone! Some of TC Miyake's best foals are four and under. They have not even hit the ring yet. He only has 50 foals on the ground to date. My friend currently has a TC Miyake 4 year old in training with Ryan Strand out of a Pro-Fire daughter. Ryan told him that Arab colt is one of the best 4 year old he has. In 2010, we had the nicest purebred baby in 25 years by TC Miyake out of Ghaztep. We have retained three Miyake stud colts for breeding including a 15.3 hand five year old colt that will have his second foal crop this spring. Another is a black colt, Jack Black, out of a Pro-Fire daughter. TC Miyake, his sons and daughter's have produced the best foals we have bred. The foals love people the minute they are born and are very trainable. We currently have two Miyake 3 year olds in training that are already broke to ride and drive. The Arab filly is 15.2 and the Half-Arab is 16.2 hand. Miyake is a good 15.1 and the tallest of the Zodiac Matador sons that I know. Battaglia Farms were planning on showing him as a 6 year old in the park division until he was kicked by a teasing mare in a back right leg up high. To this day he still is a little off but nothing that you can see unless you are looking hard. He has the best semen the Vet's have seen and he has been frozen by our Vet here in town. Miyake has cloned my best mares and improved on all my mares & other client mares that I have seen. He has bays and blacks more often than chestnuts but when they are chestnut, they have all the crome! Here is a photo below of Alan Clanton's favorite horse on my farm. A now 2 year old stud colt by TC Miyake x MHR Nobility/Negatraz bred mare, Masaaki. Flaxen mane and tail with four socks. Typical amazing necks and pole where they need to be for English pleasure.
Kim Morris
MasaakiNov2010-2.jpg

Posted Image

#39 Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Forgot to mention that my best Apaladin stud colt is out of my 15.3 hand TC Miyake daughter. Asclepius just turned four and we plan on breeding him this spring. I will show him in the English Pleasure Maturity when he turns 5.
AceUS2010-20.jpg
AceMay10.jpg

Posted Image