Photo
- - - - -

Pete McNeil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#11 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for your input Lucinda,
And if you have any pictures to share, you KNOW i want to see them. I adore your Dan. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and hope you are not buried in mud or flooding water. More pictures of your little black colt would be fun too. May you all your dreams come true this holiday season and health stay with you, forever.
Merry Christmas, LunaLisa
Namaste, LunaLisa

#12 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

I will start to post some photos here in a few!! Bear with me. These are for Arlene to include whenever she should so desire and only if she should so desire....also for people to enjoy. I have Petes permission to share any photo I took to date.

Lets start with the boy who started it all, Gai Danizon, 15.1 (The black bay phenotype)
Posted Image
Posted Image

His son Danni Boy
Posted Image

Outrageousss, 14.1h (The chestnut phenotype)
Posted Image

Dynamic Dan, 14.3 to 15h (The black bay phenotype)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Trity, the broodmatron that started it all, bought in foal with Asil Phantasy who's photo is also included, Asil Phantasy is the dam of the mare I got from Pete originally who we lost in the move to our new ranch :( (Katie Rose..RIP girl)
The 2 greys are Trity, the chestnut is Asil Phantasy
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

To be continued :)

Katie Rose
Posted Image
Signature being edited, too large.

#13 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

Some of my McNeils

My mare, Unbelievabel who is by SHF Southern Whiz and out of one of Petes favorite mares, Bella as we call her is currently at Los Acres and is in foal to "Aire Magic' a 37.5% *Sidi Brahim stallion who also traces to Ibn Fadjur (who Pete has seen in person and liked) and some of my favorite Fadjur mares. I chose Aire Magic as I really want a filly with spanish blood and God willing I will get one, but also as I think that Pete X Tone Ranch/Polk ranch will be amazing , 2 old world programs combined .

Posted Image
Posted Image

A mare I recently gave away to a gal in Reno, she is a good friend of our Arabian Artist "Aislinn Brander" This is Danny Rosezon, a Danni boy daughter. She is an amazingly high % of *Raffles blood.
Posted Image

My Dynamic Dan son, this is my herd sire or as I like to call him my 'Filly sire"..I hope to use him to get daughters, he is not for public stud at this time due to the fact I can not facilitate this. He is the result of 50 years of Pete McNeil breeding horses, his pedigree is the 'story' that Arlene wrote and I am so grateful to read it and hear Petes words, while I have heard them before I never remember it . It is amazing to own Dan. He is 30% Skowronek (Give or take, I think 31% actually) and also quite high *Raffles and Ferzon. He is 14.2, black bay phenotype
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More to come , I will end this photo parade with one of Pete as long as I can find it (He wanted it to be in the article but as Arlene explained she had some issues on her scanner so I am happy to get this done now !!)

More of my Dan
Posted Image
Last one of my Dan
Posted Image

Now for some that Pete wanted to share, but have to first get them on Facebook so if I don't get it done til day after Christmas thats why, but we will see how my time goes (I could get called away at any time now)

Ok I apologize, I don't have them, I think I sent them to Arlene and did not scan them first.

I will at least try to post all the ones I do have that I had scanned in the past that he gave me, sorry on the ones , like the one of him and his daughter...I know he really wanted to share that one.

My gorgeous Gai Dancer daugher, Lacinda , one of Petes favorite mares ever personality wise, I wanted a foal from her so very badly but this is not to be, it is a loss to our breed in my humble opinion, this ethereal mare should have a female line to carry on
Posted Image
Signature being edited, too large.

#14 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks so much Lucinda,
I am bookmarking this page on favorites. All the horses pictured are truly outstanding Arabians to me. I so enjoy your sharing (and Arlene too) Pete's horses. Glad breeder's like this exist. Outrageousss and his dam are my favorites, no doubt. Not that they are really better, but love one of my favorite colors on them. I would be proud to call any of them mine and if I am lucky, maybe some day.
Thanks again for sharing with us on this Christmas Eve.
Namaste, LunaLisa

#15 miriggs

miriggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Peter, Pete likes Outrageousss more than Dynamic Dan because Outrageousss has that head that he spoke of in the article, the 'Dreamazon' head. Dynamic Dan has an extreme head but is more Gai Danizon in type than Outrageousss. Gai Danizon had a very very pretty head but more the black bay phenotype (Dynamic Dan is black bay too) and not as much jibbah, more of the width between the jaws/eyes and then the teeny muzzle than Outrageousss who has the same type of head but also a huge jibbah.

Outrageousss is about 14.1 while Dynamic Dan is around 14.3.

They are full brothers.

Pete uses Dynamic Dan and interestingly enough his favorites out of the 'new generation' are by Dynamic Dan, such as the colt Elayne Loria will stand. I forget his name but again, its on her facebook, he is GORGEOUS.

Pete would never part with Dynamic Dan, I also tried to fandangle that LOL. He did sell me a son as a runner up though and I truly will be in his debt for that for the rest of my life!!!

Pete once told me that Dynamic Dan is the kindest stallion he has ever owned or been around and his eyes really shine when he discusses him. With Outrageousss the horse is just a darn good mare sire. The fillies that boy puts on the ground are for sure world quality!!!!!

I could snuggle in Dynamic Dans neck all day. Love that horse. Of course "one" of the many reasons I so much wanted a Danni Boy baby.

Edit to add. I find it very interesting Pete wanted Sahara Playboy. I don't hear much about him. My geldings Dam was a daughter and was a beautiful mare. She had such a short exotic head, a little low set neck but tall and stunning. She was exported to Brazil. SO wanted to lease her to bred to my parents pinto stallion who was producing nice babies but long in the head.

DW Paradas Gem & Sammy too

Together forever & forever in my heart.

Mi Reagal Dream, RVA Dream Deelite and TLF Adamas

#16 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for posting, Arlene!

#17 beyfan

beyfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Enjoyed this thread...have been a fan of the McNeil horses for a few years now, and it's great to hear his story summed up. Gorgeous horses.

#18 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

Great to read about a breeder who has spent so many years perfecting a line that is a true pleasure to see.It is nice to know his horses are not just gorgeous but that Pete has valued a good disposition also.I hope that the 2011 foals bring him much joy!:bigemo_harabe_net-116: Heather,thank you for the photos.:68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn: Great work Arlene!:bigemo_harabe_net-117:
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#19 DCA

DCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

Great article, Arlene! Very informative and well written as usual.

And the photos are WONDERFUL, Heather! How lucky you are to be so close to such a master breeder. I know you will have much success carrying on his legacy.
Life is Good---Horses make it even Better!

#20 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Wish I was closer, so I could see the McNeil program in the flesh :-) Excellent article, Arlene! Heather, I just LOVE your stallion, and I certainly look forward to seeing your own program develop.

Cindy
NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES ( http://nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com ) standing:

OSIRION (Omar Saaliim x Mysteekh by Ibn El Mareekh) - 2011 grey Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion

breeders of SE and CMK Arabians of classic type, beauty and movement