Photo
- - - - -

LET IT SNOW!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#11 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!! It snowed a bit yesterday, but didn't stick--I love snow and Angel seems to like it too, and we both hate mud!!! So bring it on!! We're currently recording the song Let it Snow, too ;)
Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art

#12 Laura

Laura

Laura

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Yikes!
I guess I'll keep happy with my mud.
Laura

#13 Shan

Shan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:24 AM

thank you all for your kind words! My area of MN was supposed to get 3-5" of snow but instead we got over 11"...and it was the heavy wet stuff too. I ATTEMPTED to shovel the sidewalks but being 4 1/2 months pregnant I put the shovel down after two pushed and recruited one of my teenagers (the other was cleaning the house)...they are such awesome girls too!

#14 Rachel

Rachel

Rachel And Aries

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

YIKES! I am soo not looking forward to getting all that! Looks nice but I think the cold weather we have been getting is bad enough lol

The Arabian stallion is magnificent, and the mare quite glamorous, but the airy-fairy foal is so delicate and fawn-like, he steals your heart away!
- Gladys Brown Edwards, "Know the Arabian Horse"

"So tender is the Arab of his horse, that he will seldom beat or spur him; and in consequence of this humane treatment, the animal considers itself as one of the family, and will allow the children to play round it, and to fondle it like a dog." The Wonders of the Horse, by Jos. Taylor "For the dominant quality of Arab blood is its eternal, its immortal persistence. Wherever, as the horseman of today looks about him and among these horses, observes beauty, speed, grace, fire, activity, docility and fineness yet toughness of fiber, he sees that eternity, that immortality, incarnated. It has triumphed over everything mundane, thousands of years, hap and circumstances, time and tide, incredible hardships and immemorial adversities, misuse, and abuse, the exigencies of mankind's daily life and the flame and blood of the battlefield, unconquerable, indestructible and victorious. Everything worth while in the shape of a horse in the world today partakes of it. The Greeks believed it Godlike, and verily they made no mistake."March 27, 1942, Mr. Hervey

#15 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

NO thank you! I guess I better be thankful for mud...we got hammered last year and I hate snow...

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#16 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

I'd say you can keep it, but some fools around here prayed for it and we got it today. We don't get much here usually and only one time last year, but today arouind 7-8 inches. I have a So. Cal. truck and though I only work 1.3 miles away I had to walk most of it home, because it's slightly uphill and my truck said no way! Toyota truck with no weight in back. Trucks jack-knifed, many vehicles in ditches or abandoned. Where the heck were the snow plows and sanders? Truly hope this is the first and last of the season, here. Whoever wants it, can have it. It's pretty and my dog sure loves it, but I need $ for a snow-worthy vehicle or to win the Lotto now.
Stay safe and warm, All.
Namaste, LunaLisa

#17 Janek

Janek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'll add some snow pictures too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The horse, who is too precious and too beautiful to be ridden, is neither precious nor beautiful. It's simply called an impaired horse by merciful Allah."

old Bedouin proverb

#18 Shan

Shan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

ya know what Janek...I like your pictures better...they look a bit more peaceful than mine!

#19 Janek

Janek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

Shan, your pictures are beautiful, but it seems you need a little bit more snow :). I'm sending all my peaceful snow your way! :bigemo_harabe_net-132:

"The horse, who is too precious and too beautiful to be ridden, is neither precious nor beautiful. It's simply called an impaired horse by merciful Allah."

old Bedouin proverb

#20 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

okay, i never mind a bit of snow, but this is bordering on crazy! we got another seven inches last night (on top of the 15 last week) and one of my buildings collapsed. it basically 'broke in half', i have never seen anything like it. luckily, no animals or equipment was injured, but i will have a heck of a time getting the hay out that is stored in there. insurance adjuster cannot come out until jan 4 - AND we have more snow forecast for this week. oh joy!

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image