Photo

Location of US Nationals for 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#11 spike25

spike25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Westworld is pretty cool but some of the stalls not so!
Beth Thomas
Stone Hollow Sport Horses
Home of National, Regional and Class A Working hunters and sport horses!

#12 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

I believe it should be an every other year east-to-west rotation. Perhaps between Kentucky and Scottsdale? I don't mind Oklahoma, but personally don't like Albuquerque at all.

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut), and my Queen - National Champion, Baskskokhette+!

2015 Foals: Sol Debut x Baskskokhette+, Sol Debut x PGN Show NTell+, Eden C x Star Of The Sshow. Lady Versace is also in foal to DTD Jess Dancin for Leslie Dobson!

#13 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

stacey - - my answer was quite clear to your question no matter how you worded it

I would HATE this as the location for US Nationals - - period

as to Tulsa, if I recall the original contract was for three years then they signed a two year extension - - so 2012 is Tulsa

#14 Blackcat

Blackcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

Scottsdale is perfect, people are actually in the stands there!
Patrick G. Gregory

#15 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

stacey - - my answer was quite clear to your question no matter how you worded it

I would HATE this as the location for US Nationals - - period

as to Tulsa, if I recall the original contract was for three years then they signed a two year extension - - so 2012 is Tulsa

I bow to you you and your wisdom...you are correct. It is 2013 that is in question in Glenn Petty's article. I'll be sure to confer with you prior to posting again. Please excuse my igornace...

#16 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

actually I was not sure of the dates either - - so asked someone this afternoon

either way, this is just not a venue I wish to see us do US Nationals at; no matter what the year we are discussing (right up there with KHP as the choice for a late October show)
I really think it is just too far for the folks on the east side of the country - - even more for the horses who have to ahul that distance
Oklahoma is sort of mid-way for all of us - - just would have preferred OK City to Tulsa. The renovations to the OK City facility are supposed to be quite wonderful. the east west thing would be handy for each "side" on alternate years but can we affod to have less horses at the national show (since those monies are used to fund so many other ventures)?

#17 fyreflii7

fyreflii7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

Scottsdale is perfect, people are actually in the stands there!

The city of Scottsdale knows how to make big bucks off a horse show . . . what's good for them is good for us. They pack the stands, everyone in the entire area knows about it (that's how I got into horses, lucky me it happened to be Arabians) and the facility goes out of their way to be spectator friendly. It would be great if host cities of National shows would take some notes.

Ashley Bibby

www . Jolissaint Arabians . com

JHB Debutante (Promotion x Chimichinga/Wisdom)
Westover Brandie (*Al Banat x Westover Daisy/Gdansk+)
Trinnity (Triften+/ x SWF Noble Portrait/MHR Nobility)
Just Dance JS (Nobilistic BF x JHB Debutante)
Divinity JS (Nobilistic BF x MSA Afires Jewel)
Ballerina JS (Erykk MF x Westover Brandie)

#18 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

I love Scottsdale, depending on the time of year I might even like it for USN. Late Oct as it is now would be ok, any earlier too hot. I don't really care where they put it, but wish they'd take it OUT of OK.

Pat Lowe

#19 starlitefarms

starlitefarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

as an east coaster i think its a horrible idea! what about the rest of us who always have to travel west to get there? i find it unfair to us to always have to go west. they need to find something thats equally nice. what about the facility in virginia that the arabian world show is talking about using? and for the record i did say i vote NO!

Home of :

Kharizma SFA ( Da Valentino x Kha-sarra) 01 Bay stallion SCIDS/CA/LFS CLEAR

Kha-sarra ( Khadraj NA x Basarra VV) 97 bay mare

Miss Fire SFA ( Hopes Afire x Chopinna Regina) 04 bay HA mare 

#20 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

3 things...

1 - I think the east/west coast allows MORE people to come. I know from the speaking with the local folks around here, that the furthest most of them can afford to go is across one state boarder. AZ takes care of many of those folks from CA, UT, NV, CO, NM, etc. Plus, AZ is closer for the folks in OR, WA & ID than OK is!

2 - I really don't get the complaint about AZ being too far from the east coast UNLESS you all complained about NM being too far away as well. If NM was ok, then AZ is only another 8hrs, so I personally don't get it. JMO

3 - I forget who said it, but you're right...Scottsdale knows how to pack in a crowd for a horse show...and if it's good for the city, it's great for us, too! If revenues go up from spectators, it's possible show fees could go down for us (I can hope...can't I?).