Photo

What do you consider "exotic faced"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
191 replies to this topic

#21 kathy s.

kathy s.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

Here's a lovely head shot
Tattinger's Flame

Wow!

Kathy
We can't afford a government so indifferent to the people it pretends to serve.

#22 silvershadow

silvershadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Jaleas ET. Though I would not call her head exotic but ethereal as in highly refined and delicate. Morafic I agree as exotic.
Home of Purebreds Horizonne, Zapateros Mysterious Gem, Silver's Legacy and the infamous Ruka
MAF Silver Fire 1981-2010
Goodbye Old Friend & Gallup Hard!
~ All Breeding Stock CA and SCID Clear ~

#23 BEYOND BEY

BEYOND BEY

www.webstersarabians.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

That was a beautiful Suzanne (THE MASTER) photo - here is the same mare......at rest in pasture ...... both photos untouched.....

Bijou and Flame 2010 023.JPG

VERY interesting topic - to me anyway!!! Post more pics!!!

Tracy Webster
www.webstersarabians.com

#24 DesertSongArabs

DesertSongArabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

My gelding I consider to be more classic, but Desi, our mare, is exotic to me. Take a look at her face. She has huge eyes, incredible hair (ugh - with a double mane that slightly curls - real fun to take tangles out of!) and is very sculpted and refined. Small, tippy ears top off her head, and large nostrils that she loves to snort and blow with when out playing. The last one is of her and her filly - and boy she takes a lot after her dam. I suspect Sophie may really refine as she gets older - she has the very same thin skin and veins on the face that her dam does.

Ann

Attached Thumbnails

• Desi084477web-vi.jpg
  • IMG_4428-vi.jpg
  • IMG_4348-vi.jpg
  • Desi&Sophie#09-3952(web).jpg

Desert Song Arabians - Home of:
Desperansa - leased for 2012

BAD BeyOBask - my heart horse
Visit us at http://www.desertsongarabians.com

#25 BEYOND BEY

BEYOND BEY

www.webstersarabians.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Namusca

Attached Thumbnails

• namusca.jpg

Tracy Webster
www.webstersarabians.com

#26 Chelsea

Chelsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

Easy to see the similarities in these two, I think :) Two of the most beautiful heads I've ever seen on an Arab, and ones I'm delighted to look at every day (and with GREAT minds and bodies to match!).

My yearling filly, Wana Dance:

Posted Image
Posted Image

And her mother, Aiswana:
Posted Image
Posted Image

PA Layla++/ 2016 Canadian National Champion Arabian Hunter Pl AAOTR & Top Ten AATR, 2014 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR; 2016, 2015 & 2014 Canadian National Top Ten SHIH ATH (x 5)

WOA Matador+/ 2013 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR, 2010 US National Top Ten AAOTR

S Just DiMaggio++/ 2016 Canadian National Top Ten in SHIH (x 4) and Training Level ATR, 2010 Canadian National Top Ten Jackpot Colt

#27 felina

felina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

I consider my mare's face classic, but not exotic. Exotic to me is a much more serious dish (varying from a nice dish to the almost hit with the 2x4 look), but not much different than my version of classic.

Classic in my opinion is nice ears, good eyes, the nice "wedge" shape (versus the longer, almost tubular type faces), a certain amount of dryness.

Posted Image
In her winter fur. During summer, she has the thin, fine coat with the prominent veins.

I agree with considering Ajman Moniscione exotic.

Then again, I don't always think exotic is a good thing.
Look back on our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to its source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of a horse.
Anonymous

#28 Brochi88

Brochi88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

One would hope we are not shooting for another Namusca. To me she looks disfigured.

Bey Jeweled, BA Jhewels Jhubilee

#29 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

I too have seen Namusca in person...and her head is not exotic, its a deformity. That poor mare has so much difficulty breathing because of the abnormal nasal bones while just STANDING that its not even funny. I would wager she probably started out with a wry nose as a foal. I personally would love to see radiographs of her actual bone structure, and would kill to look inside her mouth. I can't imagine what kind of dental work that mare must need. Unfortunately, that seahorse shaped head is not a classically exotic head, as the "dish" comes from the nasal bone shape as opposed to the bulge of the jibbah between the eyes. The posted photo of Ajman is similar....the 'dish' is all low on the nasal bone, although when you look at other photos on his website, it doesn't look as extreme. Which brings up the next question "When does exotic cross into extreme?" In either of the above horses--and I pick on them only because they've been mentioned previously in the thread--let's see them run and decent distance and see what their respiratory function and exercise tolerance is.

There's a photo etched in my mind that for the life of me I can't find.....I want to say its a 2/3 profile shot of Dreamzaon against a black background....Johnny Johnson photo perhaps?? Regardless, that was the classically beautiful head. Short, large soft eye, tiny muzzle, dry....

Veterinarian by day, and some nights, and most Saturdays, and every 6th weekend and holidays. Wannabe photographer the rest of the time!

www.wildsidearabians.com

Home of Canadian Top Ten stallion Antham (*Rushan AHSB x WN Sharazada)

#30 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

Namusca

Sorry, but I find her an freck, and not attractive.
Namaste, LunaLisa