Photo

Champion Buckskin Half Arabian Stallion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Timber Ranch

Wild Timber Ranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

Auric and Debbie with ribbons.jpg Wild Timber Ranch is proud to have bred this young stallion, Auric's Rush. He is of 91% Arabian blood, sired by Allussive Gold ss, a lovely Western Pleasure type part arabian sire, and out of our Egyptian, Russian and Crabbet bred mare, Katz Alora. We are offerring him for sale as a proven show ring champion and potential herd sire, a perfect outcross for Arabians, Quarter Horses and even ponies. His arabian foals would be 96% in arabian blood and he offers a good chance of throwing his dilute coloring. He is very well put together... His conformation is refined, straight and he has smooth easy action. He should mature to 14.3hh and will be a dynamite Western Pleasure prospect with his very pretty head, nicely shaped neck, excellent hip, lovely tail carraige, easy going personality, not to mention his unique and gorgeous coloring. He has personality plus, is extremely well mannered, people oriented and has a heart of gold.

While in training for halter in 2009, his trainer Debbie Storey was very impressed with his "pretty", his laid back attitude, trainability and his success. "He behaves and shows awesome!" she said.

After entering 5 halter classes in 2009, and winning them all, Auric claimed the 2009 Western Canadian Breeders Champion HA Colt/Gelding title!

He continues to grow into a beautiful, well defined, level headed and extremely athletic stallion. He could be a Junior WP contender, so don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and get him started for the 2011 show season. He is of rare quality and beauty. Auric deserves a show home, though we will entertain all serious inquiries. www.wildtimberranch.com $8000.
The Nielsen's
Wild Timber Ranch
www.wildtimberranch.com

#2 dragon

dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

Why isn't he a great gelding?

#3 Wild Timber Ranch

Wild Timber Ranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

No question, he would make a phenomenal gelding! Though Auric is being offered for sale as a stallion, due to the fact he is such a well made and well bred dilute and near pure arabian. A hard find in today's market.
The Nielsen's
Wild Timber Ranch
www.wildtimberranch.com

#4 OhTina

OhTina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

I have a really stupid question, and I'm not trying to be snarky, really! How can he be a buckskin if he has a white mane (judging from the forelock) and I think I see a white tail? I'm from back in the day when all this dilute stuff wasn't known about, so to me he looks like a pally. Enlighten me please!
Tina K.

Proud owner of Sky Night Psyght - we're both doing dressage for the first time and loving it.

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. ~Pam Brown

#5 Wild Timber Ranch

Wild Timber Ranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi Tina, Auric truly is a buckskin! His sire is a cremello and his dam is a bay, so the most likely chance for their foal would be a buckskin. Auric was born with an entirely white mane and tail, so he had us fooled at first. Though as he got older, the black started to appear in his mane and tail and he now also has black legs past his knees and hocks. To see some more recent pictures of him, showing his true colors, please visit our website: www.wildtimberranch.com
The Nielsen's
Wild Timber Ranch
www.wildtimberranch.com

#6 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

While you are correct in stating that you'd have the greatest chance at getting a buckskin out of that cross, I can assure you that if you do a genetic test on the youngster in the picture, that he's a palomino...

#7 Wild Timber Ranch

Wild Timber Ranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

The Nielsen's
Wild Timber Ranch
www.wildtimberranch.com

#8 Wild Timber Ranch

Wild Timber Ranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

Auric - Buckskin.jpg
I agree that he does look like a blonde in his yearling picture, so am attaching another picture of Auric taken March of this year, just shy of his second birthday. You can see that his coat and mane & tail have darkened considerably into that of a true buckskin. Sandra.
The Nielsen's
Wild Timber Ranch
www.wildtimberranch.com

#9 inlandfarms

inlandfarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

I'm not sure if he can carry the silver dapple gene from his non Arab blood or not, but he looks like it. We have a cremello saddlebred mare who's sire is a chocolate silver dapple palomino and even though you can't see it in her, she must have it because we bred her to a bay Arab and we got a buckskin with silver dapple that looks just like this guy:) I will attach a pic.

Marcie

8220_1129407875523_1237011793_30364256_887393_n.jpg
8220_1129407795521_1237011793_30364254_1277944_n.jpg
8220_1129407755520_1237011793_30364253_484990_n.jpg

#10 LoisGilbert

LoisGilbert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

Buckskin.:68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn:

:bigemo_harabe_net-114:
GREEN RIDGE RANCH ARABIANS
Home of:
1997 mare LA KARUBA (SL Capaccino+// x GS Alyssa)
1990 mare JW MIATA (*Malikitoa x Delicia SSB)
1993 mare GOLD N JEWEL (Echo Magnifficoo x Peaches N Creeme)
2010 gelding GUNNA WIN BIG (GR Gunsmoke x Gold N Jewel)

http://www.greenridgeranch.org