Photo
- - - - -

Which digital camcorder??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#11 lvt

lvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

I've been editing my post as you replied. Here are the Canon SX1 videos I found on Youtube

Canon SX1

This one shows how great the zoom is

Zoom garden cat

ps elitearab .... get a mac :bigemo_harabe_net-108:
Linda and Shane (retired july 2006)
Tukes Shenanigans+ [Yahya Matuk x OK Aquarius by El Raffon]

Loved by All ..... Owned by ME

2006 & 2005 Region 13: Reserve Champion Sport Horse Under Saddle
2005 Region 14: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2004 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2002 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand
2000 Region 13: Top Five Hunter Pleasure Open
1997 Region 13 & 18: Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1996 Region 18: Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1994 Region 13: Champion 2 Year Old Gelding Sweepstakes
1994 Ohio Buckeye: Reserve Champion Junior Gelding Halter
1992 born at 2 am St. Patrick's Day

#12 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

A couple of months ago we got a JVC Everio GZ-HM200 and LOVE IT!
Most of the video on my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/nis75p06) was taken with this camera.

It will shoot in HD, though I don't do this for online video. Very simple to use. Has a great zoom. I also have a telephoto lens for it, but have never used it, even when shooting video on the cross country course from far away.

Nice quality video, but more important, talented little rider! she is very solid and very confident she and her horse make a really nice pair to watch! :)

I've been editing my post as you replied. Here are the Canon SX1 videos I found on Youtube

Canon SX1

This one shows how great the zoom is

Zoom garden cat

ps elitearab .... get a mac :bigemo_harabe_net-108:

Hahahahaha, Yep, next computer I'm going MAC.

#13 lvt

lvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

keep in touch. I have been oogling the latest iMac, even though my 2 year old one is still plenty good. I have been known to sell my used stuff at quite a good discount.
Linda and Shane (retired july 2006)
Tukes Shenanigans+ [Yahya Matuk x OK Aquarius by El Raffon]

Loved by All ..... Owned by ME

2006 & 2005 Region 13: Reserve Champion Sport Horse Under Saddle
2005 Region 14: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2004 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2002 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand
2000 Region 13: Top Five Hunter Pleasure Open
1997 Region 13 & 18: Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1996 Region 18: Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1994 Region 13: Champion 2 Year Old Gelding Sweepstakes
1994 Ohio Buckeye: Reserve Champion Junior Gelding Halter
1992 born at 2 am St. Patrick's Day

#14 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

keep in touch. I have been oogling the latest iMac, even though my 2 year old one is still plenty good. I have been known to sell my used stuff at quite a good discount.

Good to know! Keep me posted!

#15 Aelfleah Farm

Aelfleah Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

We have two Macs... well really my MacBook (3 years old now) and a brand new 21" iMac. Plus a 4yo PC that no one uses since the purchase of the iMac unless forced to.

The only thing I have needed to add software wise to make my video experience perfect is a program called DVDxDV (which allows me to capture from DVD and change to digital video I can edit in iMovie) and a program called Handbrake (which allows me to convert windows format stuff into iMovie)

more (non-horse) video, all taken with our JVC camcorder found here: http://www.youtube.com/aelfleahfarm. warning, boring dirt track racing videos

Nice quality video, but more important, talented little rider! she is very solid and very confident she and her horse make a really nice pair to watch! :)

Thanks!

Tamara Woodcock, Scurry, Texas
BLUE STAR Arabians and Arabian-influenced Sportponies
Combined Training, Combined Driving, Dressage, Endurance, and Show Jumping

Posted Image

#16 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:17 AM

Love the clarity of the videos, but what about those of us that don't have a Mac computer? Anybody out there have any suggestions for a PC that's not a Mac?

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#17 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

About a year ago I acquired a JVC GZ-300BU which has an internal 60Gig Hard Drive and uses MicroSD cards. I haven't used it much, but I was pleased with my first attempt at video with it. I was especially pleased with how well it maintained focus in different lighting (often the case inside of an arena).

I use the Windows Movie Maker software on a newer laptop and for my early attempts it is doing well. You can export the video in different formats, so for memory issues I would try saving at lower settings to see if that might work. I also have another commericial DVD maker product on my machine, but have found the Windows software easier to use at this point.

I enjoy the fact that I can put video files on the removable Micro SD card and then just slide that into the slot on my laptop to retrieve the raw video (no data cables, just an SD size adapter card for the tiny Mirco SD card).

Still just in schooling mode for our stallion, but enjoying the process :) Note how well the camera picks up the live audio of this session, easy to understand trainer & rider and even recognize snippets of music from the barn's music system :)