Photo

*Emanor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#51 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

This stallion is SENSATIONAL!!! I would love to see him crossed with some beautiful sport horse mares. Does he have any half arabian offspring? He is so athletic, and it seems so effortless, like breathing..... he would make a super dressage horse.

Watching him go just makes you want to get up on him and ride. This horse leaves an impression on you, he is unforgettable........

Saddle Seat was not really the right choice for him, but when you look at the market when he was shown, it is understandable. Breeding stallions did EP or WP and that was pretty much it. He probably produces more of the sport horse type movement too. Got one like that myself.

Sue

#52 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

I so wish this horse would get back in to the show ring!!!!! why don't they show him anymore? he needs to make a come back as a dressage horse

He is still at MSU, they are not sure if he will still be standing there in 2011

As much as I swore I would NEVER EVER own another grey ( mine made poooop pillows every night and slept on them ) breeding to this guy would be worth the potential pooop pillows and purple hands/clipping and bathing.

LOL! okay everyone, it's official, I am a serious Eukaliptus fan, I am like a moth to a flame, most of the horses I am really drawn to come from the "E" line.

Sonya

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, there would be more vegetarians"

#53 tazatac

tazatac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

watch for his son, Emanuel
saw him at region 14 and he was fabulous (I am trying to remember if he showed EP or Park - - photos would be on Ferrara's website though)

ahhh, found him ..........saturday night EP Open was R Ch and just wonderful
http://www.ferraraph.../10r14_5442.htm

I think this is the Emannuel(Hey Hallelujah X Ericca)in the pic.
He's listed on data source as R Ch EP Open for region 14.
Jessica Johnson
Take a look at my online Mark store for Great Skincare/makeup!!!
My Mark store
Mark. Makeup & Fashion
Posted Image
Promote Your Page Too
Jessica Johnson | Create Your Badge
Posted Image

#54 Jeffrey Wintersteen

Jeffrey Wintersteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

LOL! okay everyone, it's official, I am a serious Eukaliptus fan, I am like a moth to a flame, most of the horses I am really drawn to come from the "E" line.

[/size]

I know you probably didn't mean it like this, but I wanted to point out as general interest the following:

- The famous "E" family of Poland generally refers to the Milordka family at Michalow, certainly how I use the term -- right or wrong. This includes, of course, Emanor, his dam Emanacja and her full sisters Emigrantka, Erlanda and dam Emigracja. Of course this also includes Emanda, Emandoria, and Emigrant of the Emigracja branch. Ekstern via his grand dam Erwina are also the other relevant branch. US horses are, of course, imported Elkana (to US) and her descendant Errica. Clearly this barely scratches the surface with champions from this family, but an idea of impact.

- Eukaliptus is from the Sahara dam line of Janow along with his dam Eunice, full sister Europa, and her son Europejczyk. Eunice is the foundress of these E horses at Janow, she was bred at Nowy Dwor.

- The 2nd E family of Janow is the Woloszka dam line via the private bred mare Elza. In my opinion there are two main branches formed from Elza's two daughters -- both by Witraz, the Ellora branch of El Paso and Gazal Al Shaqab, and Elzunia branch which gave the world Etna, Etap, Etruria and, of course, Ecaho. Again, just scratching the surface.

I am not suggesting you didn't understand the differences, but I have found many people make an assumption that Ecaho is the same family as the E family of Michalow, and didn't know he comes from the same family of Gazal. Hence I thought I would make the point, maybe I am just being redundant. Of course, the strong genetic relationship between Europejczyk and Eukaliptus is interesting to say the least. It should also be mentioned that the success of the E family of Milordka/ Michalow owes much to the siring contributions of Eukaliptus -- so the two are intricately linked as in the pedigree of Emanor -- which was probably your point.

Jeff

Bob, Bonnie & Jeffrey Wintersteen
Wintersteen Arabians

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 MMC

MMC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

GREAT horse!!!
Ashley Robinson & Allyssa Baird
...You can't have the dream without the drive...
Mistikal Marketing Centre, LLC
www.MistikalMarketingCentre.com

#56 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

I know you probably didn't mean it like this, but I wanted to point out as general interest the following:

Jeff

I just meant Eukaliptus in general, I seem to be really drawn to horses with him in their pedigree

thanks for the additional information though, next time I won't be so lazy and I'll type out his entire name :) OOOPS, didn't realise that comment had an additional "meaning"
Sonya

#57 ridetowin

ridetowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

If anyone here owns any Emanor offspring, and you would like to share some photos, please do :)
Sonya

#58 toddy

toddy

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

- The famous "E" family of Poland generally refers to the Milordka family at Michalow, certainly how I use the term -- right or wrong. This includes, of course, Emanor, his dam Emanacja and her full sisters Emigrantka, Erlanda and dam Emigracja. Of course this also includes Emanda, Emandoria, and Emigrant of the Emigracja branch. Ekstern via his grand dam Erwina are also the other relevant branch. US horses are, of course, imported Elkana (to US) and her descendant Errica. Clearly this barely scratches the surface with champions from this family, but an idea of impact.

- Eukaliptus is from the Sahara dam line of Janow along with his dam Eunice, full sister Europa, and her son Europejczyk. Eunice is the foundress of these E horses at Janow, she was bred at Nowy Dwor.

- The 2nd E family of Janow is the Woloszka dam line via the private bred mare Elza. In my opinion there are two main branches formed from Elza's two daughters -- both by Witraz, the Ellora branch of El Paso and Gazal Al Shaqab, and Elzunia branch which gave the world Etna, Etap, Etruria and, of course, Ecaho. Again, just scratching the surface.

I am not suggesting you didn't understand the differences, but I have found many people make an assumption that Ecaho is the same family as the E family of Michalow, and didn't know he comes from the same family of Gazal. Hence I thought I would make the point, maybe I am just being redundant. Of course, the strong genetic relationship between Europejczyk and Eukaliptus is interesting to say the least. It should also be mentioned that the success of the E family of Milordka/ Michalow owes much to the siring contributions of Eukaliptus -- so the two are intricately linked as in the pedigree of Emanor -- which was probably your point.

Jeff

Jeff,
Great explanation! Keep writing.
Patty

Posted Image

Pure Polish Lines, always classic and yet the way to the future. They provide the flexibility to continue a tradition while still being the most important foundation for the modern show horse.

#59 elsbetha

elsbetha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

Just to add to the confusion there is a fourth "E" family, a Janow Podlaski family. The family of Cherifa OA, at the end of World War II only one member of the family, Eleonora by Witraz, remained alive. Although a small family several valuable stallions have been produced by this family. El Trypoli, Eleuzis, Elf, Elkin, Exelsjor, Engano and Ernal belong to Eleonora´s family. Mares Enklawa and Energia both by Bandos out of Engracja were exported to the USA.

Intresting point about Emanor. I was in Poland in 1998 when he was polish national champion, one of the judges was the american who leased/purchased him later. This judge gave the horse 100 points! Full pot! Not difficult to work out how he was thinking or perhaps he had already signed the contract!
All the nonsense written about impartial judging took a turn however, never trust a judge!

#60 zai

zai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:42 AM

It would really be interesting to see this stallion in dressage. There is certainly no lack of Arabian dressage expertise at MSU with Dr. Hilary Clayton....