Photo

Not sure how this happened, but I have three new mares, boy am I in trouble!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#61 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Congrats Flairpark, you are an angel. I am sorry about those left behind, you can only do what you can do. And you did wonderful.

Thank you.
Let us know when you are ready to add a little Flair to your barn.

Becca Taylor
Flairpark Pintabians & Arabians

http://www.flairpark.com

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#62 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

[quote name='Rosealba Farm' date='30 May 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1275258786' post='444780']
[quote name='JennyM' date='30 May 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1275246084' post='444723']
Wow.

Maybe Becca did not have time to sit on the computer, argue and debate about/over these horses.

She got word, got up and TOOK action...and that's still not good enough for some people.

Unbelievable.

I stopped reading the majority of the Rescue Rehoming forum because of all the 'arm chair quarterbacking'.

Grrr.

Grrr nothin. Give the heads up, say where the auction is, what is happening, post the darn thing and pm Terry with your cell phone number and any details. Then load your trailer and go. What is so darn hard about that? She could have taken it from there and gotten those mares to safety. There are people in the area that could have responded quickly had they known. That is what Terry is trying to set up. The Ohio tragedy was a huge deal. Saving these two girls would have been simple. Read Terry's messages. She is doing everything she can to set up a national network for situations exactly like this. Even if you don't participate in the regular rescues read about what Terry is trying to do and be aware of the resources available. We are not alone. Those mares did not have to die.
[/quote]

Sue. I did what I could with the knowledge I had. Nothing is going to change what happened. I understand your position, trust me I am every bit as upset about it as you, and have already promised to look into Terry and the rescue. But hindsight is 20/20 so lets just leave it on the note that I am going to educate myself against repeating my mistake.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#63 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

The thing is Becca, don't beat yourself up. I did not see this back and forth stuff when I posted a bit ago.

These things break all of our hearts but the blame goes to whoever put those girls on the truck, not someone who saved 3 of them. Sure, coulda,woulda shoulda on coming to ABN and yes we would have helped BUT you can't know that when you are sitting there and not everyone is forum savvy.
Signature being edited, too large.

#64 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

ame='Rosealba Farm' date='30 May 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1275258786' post='444780']

Sue. I did what I could with the knowledge I had. Nothing is going to change what happened. I understand your position, trust me I am every bit as upset about it as you, and have already promised to look into Terry and the rescue. But hindsight is 20/20 so lets just leave it on the note that I am going to educate myself against repeating my mistake.

Rest easy Flairpark, you did a great job and saved not 1 or 2, but 3. So much more than many can, no matter how good their intentions. Probably hundreds going off to slaughter daily and sadly they cannot all be saved. Do not let others get you down, when you did such a wonderful thing. You did nothing wrong. It is nice to know that there are others out there that can also help and glad to hear you will be looking into it and frankly I'm quite surprised that after your good deed, some can be so harsh. The World is a better place w/you in it and I'm Thankful for that :grouphug: LunaLisa
Namaste, LunaLisa

#65 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

The thing is Becca, don't beat yourself up. I did not see this back and forth stuff when I posted a bit ago.

These things break all of our hearts but the blame goes to whoever put those girls on the truck, not someone who saved 3 of them. Sure, coulda,woulda shoulda on coming to ABN and yes we would have helped BUT you can't know that when you are sitting there and not everyone is forum savvy.

Thank you. I do keep going over it, and if there is a next time it will go better. Thanks.

Rest easy Flairpark, you did a great job and saved not 1 or 2, but 3. So much more than many can, no matter how good their intentions. Probably hundreds going off to slaughter daily and sadly they cannot all be saved. Do not let others get you down, when you did such a wonderful thing. You did nothing wrong. It is nice to know that there are others out there that can also help and glad to hear you will be looking into it and frankly I'm quite surprised that after your good deed, some can be so harsh. The World is a better place w/you in it and I'm Thankful for that :grouphug: LunaLisa

Thank you LunaLisa, thanks very much for your kind words.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#66 sdarabians

sdarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

I WOULD LOVE HARMADA'S BLOOD IN MY BARN!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an ABDULAHHH son and the breeding is great! Check out my thread on the russian heritage section and read Arlene Magid's write up on ANTE.
PS I live in Rapid City and could get to Gillette fast!

#67 sdarabians

sdarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

Just another note about all of the "pedigree" info. I am astonished that NO ONE mentioned that of all the horses in the 3 pedigrees that ABDULLAHHH is the only WORLD CHAMPION? Abdullahhh's blood is not common in American pedigrees, but I've been told that in Europe it is highly respected. Don't under estimate that portion of Harmada's pedigree. Abdullah also produced a WORLD CHAMPION named AMAL. You have been given an extrordinary gift in these horses and don't let anyone give you grief!

#68 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

You are right about dragging this on. What is done is done. This is just a wake up call for EVERYONE to remember to use the Rescue Forum resources when things like this come up. It is a painful lesson, but one that should be remembered to honor those mares. Just because your rescue is remote, or time is short, you don't have to try and take it on by yourself. Terry has been working really hard at putting together people from around the country to get the job done. Please don't ignore the hard work that some of the folks are doing over at the Rescue Forum because of the issues over the Ohio HS rescue. If you notice, that was removed to Hot Topics a while ago. Right now everyone is scurrying to save some horses out of Reno in a kill pen. Those folks will get the job done and they need everyone's support. You may not be able to donate much, I know I can't right now, but if someone needed me to haul a horse out in my area, I would be there.

Sue

#69 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I WOULD LOVE HARMADA'S BLOOD IN MY BARN!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an ABDULAHHH son and the breeding is great! Check out my thread on the russian heritage section and read Arlene Magid's write up on ANTE.
PS I live in Rapid City and could get to Gillette fast!

I am very pleased with Harmada and at this point I am keeping her, but who knows, maybe she will be available for a breeding lease! I will check out that thread. I am in Rapid City right now, give me a call I would love to stop by and meet you and your horses!

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003