Photo

Not sure how this happened, but I have three new mares, boy am I in trouble!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#51 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:03 AM

Thank you. The relief in that mare's eyes was wonderful. So hard to leave the others behind though...

We are going to see what we can do about the others, if it isn't too late. Hopefully it won't be too late and something can be done for them to get them into a safe place. You did what you could with what you knew. I wish you would have given the heads up about them as soon as you knew about them so forum members may have been able to help get them to safety. Gondolier daughters are special. Interesting that you are an Egyptian breeder and did not jump on Nelera. Her mother was by Ibn Moniet El Nefous out of Fadurlita. Her pedigree is far more in line with your program than the others. She is only 21 and probably needs her teeth floated and some senior feed. Her daughter, Adina probably learned bad habits as a baby (she got away with it) and that is why she rears. She would probably be fine with proper handling.

Sue

#52 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

We looked into the possibility of rescuing Naleera and her daughter Adina JP. Looks like we were too late. Naleera was a Gondolier daughter out of an Ibn Moniet El Nefous daughter who was by Fadjur. She was 21 years young. Her daughter was by Cable Cowboy (Bandos x Fantaska). Two exquisitely bred mares from a herd of very well bred mares. Flair Park did a good thing in rescuing the 3, but there is one other thing we ALL need to do when we get the call about situations like this. Contact Terry at Arabian Horse Rescue and the ABN forums immediately before leaving home so she can get to work. If Terry would have known, she could have made sure these girls were safe.

Sue

#53 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

We are going to see what we can do about the others, if it isn't too late. Hopefully it won't be too late and something can be done for them to get them into a safe place. You did what you could with what you knew. I wish you would have given the heads up about them as soon as you knew about them so forum members may have been able to help get them to safety. Gondolier daughters are special. Interesting that you are an Egyptian breeder and did not jump on Nelera. Her mother was by Ibn Moniet El Nefous out of Fadurlita. Her pedigree is far more in line with your program than the others. She is only 21 and probably needs her teeth floated and some senior feed. Her daughter, Adina probably learned bad habits as a baby (she got away with it) and that is why she rears. She would probably be fine with proper handling.

Sue

I liked Naleera a lot, her breeding, the whole package, but It made more sense to me to save the younger girls. I took as many as I could. Adina had proper handling and a lot of ground work, it still might have been done by the right person, but again it was something that factored into my decision of which three to take. If I had had room I still would have taken her. I would have let you all know but I found out only the day before any usable details, I didn't think anyone could get there besides me. I didn't know we had a rescue on here until after either. If I would have known there were resources I would have figured something out, I feel awful about leaving them there.
Let us know when you are ready to add a little Flair to your barn.

Becca Taylor
Flairpark Pintabians & Arabians

http://www.flairpark.com

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#54 Nasmat

Nasmat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Congrats Becca! Those are some very nice bloodlines.

We love Cable Cowboy too! The first photo is our Cable Cowboy daughter, Ladys Little Lass, bred by Magness, she is in foal to Ecaho for an August baby. Her CA test is pending. We also have her dam, a Gondolier daughter, Gondos Lady Love, second photo=)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0045-1.jpg
  • DSC_0269.jpg

Posted Image

#55 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

I liked Naleera a lot, her breeding, the whole package, but It made more sense to me to save the younger girls. I took as many as I could. Adina had proper handling and a lot of ground work, it still might have been done by the right person, but again it was something that factored into my decision of which three to take. If I had had room I still would have taken her. I would have let you all know but I found out only the day before any usable details, I didn't think anyone could get there besides me. I didn't know we had a rescue on here until after either. If I would have known there were resources I would have figured something out, I feel awful about leaving them there.

I am surprised that you would say that when we have a very active Rescue and Rehoming Forum. I don't know how many emergency rescues they have donated funds for or orchestrated rescues over the last few months. They use resources all over the country to get horses out of kill lots and auctions. You might want to check into that forum and watch how it works. I have seen herculean efforts made to save horses including chasing killer trucks to get horses off of them, not to mention the Ohio Humane Society debacle. .

Sue

#56 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

Wow.

Maybe Becca did not have time to sit on the computer, argue and debate about/over these horses.

She got word, got up and TOOK action...and that's still not good enough for some people.

Unbelievable.

I stopped reading the majority of the Rescue Rehoming forum because of all the 'arm chair quarterbacking'.

Grrr.

No, really....grrr.

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

Congrats Becca! Those are some very nice bloodlines.

We love Cable Cowboy too! The first photo is our Cable Cowboy daughter, Ladys Little Lass, bred by Magness, she is in foal to Ecaho for an August baby. Her CA test is pending. We also have her dam, a Gondolier daughter, Gondos Lady Love, second photo=)

Thanks Ali! Fingers way crossed on that CA test for you, that should be a knock out foal. She is a gorgeous girl! As is your gondolier daughter! Lovely ladies!

I am surprised that you would say that when we have a very active Rescue and Rehoming Forum. I don't know how many emergency rescues they have donated funds for or orchestrated rescues over the last few months. They use resources all over the country to get horses out of kill lots and auctions. You might want to check into that forum and watch how it works. I have seen herculean efforts made to save horses including chasing killer trucks to get horses off of them, not to mention the Ohio Humane Society debacle. .

Sue

I knew we had a rescue forum, not an actual, organized rescue operation that was on here. Big difference in what kind of response can be mustered. I will be looking into it and adding myself as a contact for some of these western things.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#58 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

Wow.

Maybe Becca did not have time to sit on the computer, argue and debate about/over these horses.

She got word, got up and TOOK action...and that's still not good enough for some people.

Unbelievable.

I stopped reading the majority of the Rescue Rehoming forum because of all the 'arm chair quarterbacking'.

Grrr.

No, really....grrr.

Thank you Jen I appreciate your words, and I really did not have time, or even the computer.

I had planned a visit to my parents that weekend, but put off departure until she could email me the number of horses and registration numbers. I got that information Saturday at noon. Until that point I had no idea how many were going, if we could talk the brother into letting me place them (up until then we had hoped that was an option) or even when the sale was. I left here at 12:30, luckily my perents live 2 hours closer to Billings that I do and I was able to convince my mother to come (needed someone who knew how an auction worked, this was my first and she was great!). We left the house at 4:30 the next morning. My parents don't have a computer capable of running the forums so I couldn't have checked up even if I had posted so I honestly didn't think me posting would have helped. I didn't know of anyone on ABN even close to BIllings, nor as I had said did I know of the rescue. It was a tight situation where I guess I didn't think it through.

I guess I know now, but hopefully this type of thing doesn't come up often.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#59 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Congrats Flairpark, you are an angel. I am sorry about those left behind, you can only do what you can do. And you did wonderful.
Signature being edited, too large.

#60 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

[quote name='JennyM' date='30 May 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1275246084' post='444723']
Wow.

Unbelievable.

Grrr.

Grrr nothin. Give the heads up, say where the auction is, what is happening, post the darn thing and pm Terry with your cell phone number and any details. Then load your trailer and go. What is so darn hard about that? She could have taken it from there and gotten those mares to safety. There are people in the area that could have responded quickly had they known. That is what Terry is trying to set up. The Ohio tragedy was a huge deal. Saving these two girls would have been simple. Read Terry's messages. She is doing everything she can to set up a national network for situations exactly like this. Even if you don't participate in the regular rescues read about what Terry is trying to do and be aware of the resources available. We are not alone. Those mares did not have to die.