Photo

Not sure how this happened, but I have three new mares, boy am I in trouble!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#21 lkirby

lkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Congratulations onour saving some beautiful Arabian mares. Aswan was a straight Egyptian Arabian stallion that was given to the Russian government by the Egyptian government for helping them build the Aswan dam on the Nile river and was used to add some pretty and elegance to mostly Polish-bred mares. The first mare is mostly Polish bloodlines with just one (1) cross to Aswan. The second mare is a mixture of Polish and Russian bloodlines with three (3) crosses to Aswan. The third mare has a Bask/Aladdin pure Polish sire out of a Russian dam with one (1) cross to Aswan. All of their bloodlines are known for their excellent athletic ability. I would suggest that the second mare should be considered for breeding to your SE stud if their conformations are compatible, but only after being tested for SCID and CA.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE
When you have gone through fire, you won't fade in the sun!!

#22 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

The first two are Pure Polish and the last one listed (Harmada?) is sired by a PP stallion that was owned by George Altenberg, then leased to Magness for a few seasons. The dam is Straight Russian on Harmada. These are TERRIBLE horses and you should send the two PP mares here NOW, so you will not be humiliated by their presence! HURRY! I seek only to save you the shame of being caught owning them!

Cyclone

P.S. You are a freakin' angel, btw, and may God bless you up one side and down the other for saving these girls!!! SMOOCHES!!!

Pure Polish? Really?! You are right, how embarassing! (but seriously, really? that is pretty exciting!)

Haha, guess its good that I am tough. I already own arabians in a town where you take them to the vet and they say "your horse has a dent in its head," then they call over their shoulder to bring the Tranqs, "we have an arab coming in" (even though my horse is fast asleep). People sometimes talk to me when they see the pintos from behind, but man when the horse turns and is unmistakably arabian and they realize they were fooled they get .... er... less pleasant.

Thanks so much for the information. The more I find out the luckier I feel to have them. They are hopefully going to stay with me for a long time, but I am thinking about offering them for breeding leases, you never know :) I always wanted to try the polish and russian lines, I just never really had the opportunity, egyptians seem to flock to me :)

That was such a hard day not being able to save them all. Never felt so sick in all my life, it was my first time seeing a sale barn in person. But those girls cheered me up quite a bit, they were all so sweet, would you guys think I was crazy if I told you I think they were thanking me? Czamara laid it on thick though, perhaps she wanted to make sure I would keep her. (yeah yeah she was quite successful, she totally has my number)

My mare isn't being bred while out on lease.. just being used for their lesson program and giving them the option to purchase her also.

Well that is even better for your girl!
Let us know when you are ready to add a little Flair to your barn.

Becca Taylor
Flairpark Pintabians & Arabians

http://www.flairpark.com

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#23 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

FlairPark,
I am an animal communicator. I can just about GUARANTEE they are thanking you right now! Horses are about ten millions times smarter and more perceptive than that for which most folks ever give them credit. God bless you!

Cyclone

P.S. I also have a Magness-bred *Gondolier daughter and just love her. She is a ww TANK!! I would take ten Magness bred mares for my ww program if I could!!!

La Banditta
*Gondolier X *El Banda - *Bandos

Attached Images

• banditta5.jpg

Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#24 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Congratulations onour saving some beautiful Arabian mares. Aswan was a straight Egyptian Arabian stallion that was given to the Russian government by the Egyptian government for helping them build the Aswan dam on the Nile river and was used to add some pretty and elegance to mostly Polish-bred mares. The first mare is mostly Polish bloodlines with just one (1) cross to Aswan. The second mare is a mixture of Polish and Russian bloodlines with three (3) crosses to Aswan. The third mare has a Bask/Aladdin pure Polish sire out of a Russian dam with one (1) cross to Aswan. All of their bloodlines are known for their excellent athletic ability. I would suggest that the second mare should be considered for breeding to your SE stud if their conformations are compatible, but only after being tested for SCID and CA.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE

Thank you! Wow, it seems that Straight Egyptian is so much easier to figure out. I do have one other mare that isn't egyptian, but I was told 5 different percentages for what her polish part was. What is the criteria for pure polish/pure russian? Cause obviously they didn't start in Poland or Russia so at what point are they considered polish... See, out of my element.

Czamara and Houdini are very complementary, just looking at her I thought, wow that is something I MUST try. He has another foal by our aladdinn, bask, khemosabi mare that is truly stunning. Everyone loves her best of my purebreds. So this same sort of cross might be a lot of fun. It is hard to say what my other mare (JP-Black-Beauty) looked like in her day, but I would still guess Czamara to be the better of the two. Houdini is also CA clear, but his SCID test is pending (he wont be bred until we get that back) so he will be safe to cross on until I can get the girls tested. Most of my herd is tested CA clear now, just a few of my old girls left and now my 3 new girls.

Thanks agian for the information and recomendation!

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#25 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

FlairPark,
I am an animal communicator. I can just about GUARANTEE they are thanking you right now! Horses are about ten millions times smarter and more perceptive than that for which most folks ever give them credit. God bless you!

Cyclone

P.S. I also have a Magness-bred *Gondolier daughter and just love her. She is a ww TANK!! I would take ten Magness bred mares for my ww program if I could!!!

La Banditta
*Gondolier X *El Banda - *Bandos

Maybe I should put you on the phone with my Khavan. He had a bad day, runing through a fence and getting seperated from mom. I saved him, but instead of being a happy feller he seems to think its my fault. I wasn't there until the good part, but now this once super friendly colt is very wary of humans. It is sad, he isn't bad, just... would rather not be touched. Wish I knew more of that story.

I talk to mine all the time and they understand way too much sometimes :) like "the gaits open" is sure to send all of them running. I was just hoping these girls didn't know what a close call it was! I truly think that Czamara knew though. I have never seen a horse so scared that managed to hold in the panic factor. She was shaking like a leaf but she made sure I had plenty of room walking her out of there. It is about the one time I would have allowed a horse to crowd me, but instead she was being so careful that she was bonking into things and horses with her offside.

Your girl is Gorgeous! I thought I was the only one that called them tanks! Haha. One of the bays, Czipper really reminded me of my mare Fantasy Flair (whom I fondly call my little tank". Tassy is totally different lines wise, but about the same height (14.1) with so much body on her and the same athletic ability. I bet once I get them together I am going to have a heck of a time figuring out which is which (I like to be able to scold them by name when they are being bad, and likewise when they are good). They are the same shade of bay and usually that is no problem becuase of body type and markings and face shape... well for not being bred alike I think I will have a matching pair of tanks.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#26 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

None are pure polish. Aswan/Nazeer is NOT PP
The first two are high Polish.
I would say that the first is more than 75% for sure
Great lines of El Paso and Aladdinn
Her sire is pure polish

The second is also Polish bred but has some Russian there too
I would say more than 50% but not 75%

The third one I would say pretty much 50/50 Polish/Russian
Sire is pure polish but dam line is mainly Russian
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#27 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

None are pure polish. Aswan/Nazeer is NOT PP
The first two are high Polish.
I would say that the first is more than 75% for sure
Great lines of El Paso and Aladdinn
Her sire is pure polish

The second is also Polish bred but has some Russian there too
I would say more than 50% but not 75%

The third one I would say pretty much 50/50 Polish/Russian
Sire is pure polish but dam line is mainly Russian

Ah, thank you. I wish I could get a forum going in person and hand you guys a pink and yellow highlighter, that way I would know pink is russian and yellow is polish! I am getting a better idea of these girls all the time. Thanks so much for looking and for the imput! As an egyptian breeder I kind of lumped polish, russian and spanish into a category for everything else. Pretty and interesting but irrelevent to me and my program. Ah to have done all that studying over the years that I did with the egyptians eh? I have seen Nazeer in horses lines that are designated pure polish (guess anyone can claim that though) so that didn't tip me off.

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#28 Flairpark

Flairpark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

So, does anyone know their strain? This is another area I am bad in. I know most of my primarily egyptian bred mares are Koheilan Rodan, but I don't know all my mares and I suppose I could be wrong on what I think I know. How does one find the strain of their horse? I suppose they call Arlene? I may just have to do that soon. One of my mares I just followed her tail line all the way back until I found one labled. Was that wrong? If right is there an easier way? Feeling a bit uneducated here, but I suppose I get points for trying to remedy that????

Becca Taylor

flairpark@gmail.com
307-299-1003

#29 Amitola Pintabians

Amitola Pintabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:23 AM

I think you should sneak Harmada into the transport when they come to pick trey up... Hopefully, noone in quarantine, or on the plane will notice.
'Rescues' bah humbug... no rescues I've ever had look that good!
Amitola Pintos, Arabians, and now Pintabians

#30 Rosealba Farm

Rosealba Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:39 AM

You got some lovely mares with some really good breeding. I would be cautious about the SCID and CA though. You done good saving those three. I think there are many people on the forums who would love to have those girls in their barn. I like the stout bay, Czipper. She reminds me of my Gondolier son. I have always wanted a replacement for him.

Sue