Photo
- - - - -

*DRUZBA++

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 fyreflii7

fyreflii7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

The *DRUZBA++ daughter DZ JANO KOCHANA is the dam of PASSING FANCY, dam of 1989 Canadian Top Ten Mare PASSION LTD (she the maternal granddam of 2006 Canadian Top Ten English Pleasure *PARADISO RACH, an import from Brazil). PASSING FANCY also produced PRADA, dam of multi-National Champion Hunt Pleasure with a junior rider PSYLENT TREASURE+.

Wow, I didn't know any of this! I was just reading along and saw the name Passing Fancy, and I thought that sounded familiar. And then I saw Prada and realized that was my old horse's dam. Psylent Treasure+ was mine when we won Hunter Pleasure JOTR 14-17 at Youth Nationals!!

Ashley Bibby
‚Äčemail

Trinnity (Triften+/ x SWF Noble Portrait/MHR Nobility)
Divinity JS (Nobilistic BF x JHB Debutante/Promotion)
Ballerina JS (Erykk MF x Westover Brandie/Al Banat)

#12 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:31 AM

Wow, I didn't know any of this! I was just reading along and saw the name Passing Fancy, and I thought that sounded familiar. And then I saw Prada and realized that was my old horse's dam. Psylent Treasure+ was mine when we won Hunter Pleasure JOTR 14-17 at Youth Nationals!!

Glad you learned something, Ashley-and so did I, because I didn't realize you were Psylent Treasure's rider!

Hope I can help you learn more about your mares in the future!
<p class="bbc_center"><br><br>
</p>

#13 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:24 AM

Isn't it wonderful to look at a horse and know where certain traits come from, even if the horse responsible is several generations back?

Arlene

Yes, I like studying over horses and their offspring in an attempt to identify how they pass on certain traits. The kicker with this mare...she came to me in foal, which was born with a partially blue eye on one side, and a human eye on the other (and lots of chrome)! Arlene, it was you who told me where to look for the source of those traits in the filly's pedigree (sire's side). So, sadly, I didn't get those big beautiful eyes, but I'd like to think they could appear again in a later generation, as the now grown filly has not passed blue eyes to her offspring.

Thanks Arlene and Cyclone for the compliments. She was a very special mare. Very smart, which has passed on through the next 2 generations. Such a pleasure to handle these horses.

Again, great piece on *Druzba.
Andra

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#14 E A

E A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:46 AM

*Druzba was in this area when I was a teen. He was a cool horse - bigger that most of the top studs in the seventies, and had loads of substance. You would look at his dam *Druchna and think, how did so many beautiful
horses come out of that mare (no beauty queen). There is a famous photo of *Druzba in front of the rose bushes at Ginger Blue - just a gorgeous photo.

Edward V. Azuar

Current Avatar: A Story Affaire - 2006 ASB Mare - Pictured Winning the WI LTD