Photo

SHINER DUN IT (Hollywood Dun It & Shining Spark)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#11 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

Well, several of you have been asking and we finally got it done! Here's the new video of Shiner:

Shiner Dun It

I thought I'd just make this simpler & put out the videos of his kids here too, so here's the most recent video of his yearling filly (who is already sold for $10k):

TCR Alredy Dun It

And here is the video that we just completed today on his weanling colt:

TCR Dun It Awesum

FYI...Awesum is still offered to ABNers for $2,500 even though the website says %5k. Please, do yourself a favor...if you're the slightest bit interested in Awesum now, prior to weaning, it would be best to let us know now as after weaning his price will go up. Thanks!

If you have questions or comments on any of the videos, please be sure to let us know! We love hearing from our ABN cohorts! ;)

#12 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

That little guy has the same facial markings as my Paddys Irish Whiskey/Hollywood Dun It filly! They really are so mild tempered, smart, and easy to work with!!! Add that with the awesome smarts of the Arab and you have an awesome foal! Someone will get themselves a foal to die for when they pick this guy up! I saw his buckskin half sibling at Taylor Ranch when I was down there in July and that is one GORGEOUS foal!!!! Someone should take advantage of this deal! (Sorry for the thread take over...heehee....but owning a foal of this line, I had to speak up of the awesomeness of such a fantastic foal!)

Double Starz Ranch
standing
Napayshni
www.doublestarzranch.com

#13 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

That little guy has the same facial markings as my Paddys Irish Whiskey/Hollywood Dun It filly! They really are so mild tempered, smart, and easy to work with!!! Add that with the awesome smarts of the Arab and you have an awesome foal! Someone will get themselves a foal to die for when they pick this guy up! I saw his buckskin half sibling at Taylor Ranch when I was down there in July and that is one GORGEOUS foal!!!! Someone should take advantage of this deal! (Sorry for the thread take over...heehee....but owning a foal of this line, I had to speak up of the awesomeness of such a fantastic foal!)

Steel away! It's really fine! Not like it wasn't related to the topic at hand!

Thanks ever so much for the compliments! And you're right...horses of these lines are so easy to deal with. They're very smart & willing. And as you said, adding the smarts of an Arab only enhances this type of horse. We're looking forward to breeding your (or your mom's) mare this next year!

#14 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Well, some of you have been asking for pictures of Isaac's Nariadni mare's colt by Shiner and I was able to get away last month to his open house, so I took a video! Of course, he hasn't been named yet, but this little guy is out of their mare, TR Presentation, who is a Nariadni daughter and might I say, he's pretty cool! He can really hook his little neck when he wants to & has a terrific, large, expressive eye!

2010 Shiner/TR Presentation Colt

#15 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Stacey

I hadn't come to Shiner's thread before. Dang--I really like that weanling palomino colt. Color aside--I like his cattiness. He is pretty darn cool.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#16 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

Well, some of you have been asking for pictures of Isaac's Nariadni mare's colt by Shiner and I was able to get away last month to his open house, so I took a video! Of course, he hasn't been named yet, but this little guy is out of their mare, TR Presentation, who is a Nariadni daughter and might I say, he's pretty cool! He can really hook his little neck when he wants to & has a terrific, large, expressive eye!

2010 Shiner/TR Presentation Colt

I told you he was pretty, didn't I! LOL I thought he sure was a pretty colt, and when Isaac told me he was half Arab and out of your Shiner, well it all came together. LOL Beautiful boy!

Double Starz Ranch
standing
Napayshni
www.doublestarzranch.com

#17 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Stacey

I hadn't come to Shiner's thread before. Dang--I really like that weanling palomino colt. Color aside--I like his cattiness. He is pretty darn cool.

Denise

Thanks, Denise! I'm trying so hard NOT to be "barn blind" here, but that colt you're referring to is probably one of the prettiest palomino Half Arabs I've seen...and believe me, I've been lookin' for a LONG time! And you're right...WAY catty! He's really going to be versatile. I'm hopin' somebody snatches him up for a futurity horse, cause I think he'll make quite the splash. I need to get more pic of him how he's shedding out now...he's looking like more of a chocolate palomino with a stark white mane & tail...and he's majorly dappled to boot! I don't want to announce it too soon (cause the final verdict isn't in quite yet) but I'm fairly sure he's going to Scottsdale next year! I'll be letting EVERYONE know when that decision is totally final...just waiting on an opinion of one of the pros who's supposed to see him just after Nationals...

I told you he was pretty, didn't I! LOL I thought he sure was a pretty colt, and when Isaac told me he was half Arab and out of your Shiner, well it all came together. LOL Beautiful boy!

Yes...you sure did! I'm so glad you made contact with me & told me about it! I'm just sorry that I didn't get to meet you while we were up there! I didn't know for 100% sure if we were going until about 48hrs before we left & I forgot to look up your phone number prior to leaving! UGH! Anyway, I'm really glad we got together over this & I'm sure excited about your girl for next year! She's gonna cross great with Shiner!

#18 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

Oh that's ok. I was really wanting to go down there to meet Dr Kale too, but I got the flu really bad the day before, so I wouldn't have been nice to be around. hee hee :) Very gorgeous colt though. My mom's excited about Shiner with her filly Lena. Talk about some cool colors! With her being a bayskin and your boy, sure to get an interesting color! Yay! My filly (full sister to my mom's filly) won't be as fancy of a color since she is only a flaxen sorrel. :( But still the blood is fabulous between the two!! I can't wait to see the outcome of the cross between my mom's and your boy!! Holy cow one to watch for everyone!!

PS...I have a really pretty double Bask bred wild bay filly....wonder how they would cross??? Her first filly is my avatar, was born this year out of a black stallion. Hmmmm...thoughts thoughts...

Double Starz Ranch
standing
Napayshni
www.doublestarzranch.com

#19 Trickle Creek Ranch

Trickle Creek Ranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

PS...I have a really pretty double Bask bred wild bay filly....wonder how they would cross??? Her first filly is my avatar, was born this year out of a black stallion. Hmmmm...thoughts thoughts...

I'll be honest...I haven't seen Shiner crossed on a Bask-bred mare as of yet. However, I'm pretty sure we're getting a Mamage daughter (All Laced Up) who is Bask 4xs, so we'll most likely be trying her next year to see what we get. Of course, she's a red-colored chestnut, so I'm quite sure I'll get a palomino, but it will be nice to see what a Bask-bred mare will do with him.

We are aware that Shiner is still in his infancy at this time as far as crossing him on Arabians. Obviously, he crosses well on the Russian lines (2 mares bred & both colts are quite exceptional). He also crosses well on the Al-Marah mares (2 different mares...2 more due in 2011). If you're interested in trying it with your Bask-bred mare, now's the time...before he "proves" himself with those types of mares. Please do get in touch with me if you're interested. I'm quite sure we can work something out! ;)

BTW...her foal in your avatar is pretty cute. I'd love to see pics of the mare herself!

#20 rroyalee

rroyalee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Here she is on allbreed... http://www.allbreedp...ee.com/rroyalee She is Bask thru her grandsire Crown Royale and her granddam MHR Port Baja, along with some Naborr, Abu Farwa, and even a little Silver Drift and that's just her sire's side. Her mother was the Al Khamsa. Would be an interesting cross, buckskin for sure.

Here is a picture of her....

Allie 8-28-07 a.jpg

Monica\'s kids & horses -5.jpg

Her tail is silver and you can see in the first photo her mane has highlights like we dye it (we don't :) )

Here is my QH filly... http://www.allbreedp...om/dun it irish

Kipp 9-20-10 -5a.jpg

Double Starz Ranch
standing
Napayshni
www.doublestarzranch.com