Photo
- - - - -

Should I Buy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#11 hfgsyrox

hfgsyrox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

That's true but half the reason I want to get this mini is because my grandparents are selling my mini's because "their a neusence and get into everything" and I spend my time at their house every chance I get and the worst they've done is go under the fence and eat grass on the bottom part of the yard by the chicken coop then go back. I also offered to keep my gelding at my house because I have such a good connection with him but they didn't answer and kept talking about selling them, so if anything I would rather get this filly, not breed my dog and just work for some money to help pay for things. Though I quote " instead of talking your family into getting you whatever you want", actually my grandparents just buy them, my stud colt they bought for me without me even knowing, also my paint/qh mare they got for me surprisingly... so far they've only bought me one horse that I wanted, the others were either born there, they bought for me unexpectedly or were given to us. If anything I would take all my horses to my house so I could see them everyday, accept were renting so I cant, and I would never forget about the horses I have now. I love them more than anything and spend all the possible time out with them when I'm out at my grandparents house, even in the snow and rain, just to I can be around them and give them attention. Along with my Arab mare that I have at my house, she is spoiled rotten, but luckily not fat, she gets so much attention I could never ever ignore her, it's phycally impossible for me to ignore my horses just because I got a new animal. (sorry if i sounded pissy or anything im just not in the best mood today)

#12 Erin

Erin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

So if your grandparents are wanting to sell the mini's that you have now why get another one? Did I read that wrong?

If I were you I would just wait.. and maybe be happy with the ones you have for now, and save your money for later on. Getting money isn't as easy as selling another horse and selling puppies.. what if you don't get much for your mare (or if you end up not selling her because of how the market is right now) and you end up not selling the puppies? That just seems a lot to me for mixed breed pups.. and I will try not to start about all the ones in animal shelters.. instead of talking your family into getting you whatever you want, maybe hold off and do it yourself over a longer term.. save up the money that you can, be responsible instead of spoiled, just because you want this one and want that one, don't forget about the ones you have already. If you absolutely have to get a mini, try to find one that is a bit more affordable. You may want this mini, but most likely you aren't going to have the money overnight.. be happy with the ones you have, don't regret what you don't have because most likely it's not meant to be if it doesn't happen. I agree with fyreflii, be prepared if something were to happen.. do not depend on your family to pay for everything, if you already have horses that they pay for already, I would just be happy with those instead of always looking at others to buy.

I second this. I would definitely wait and NOT depend on family (mom helping out with money).

Good luck.

:) Erin

Speaking as a sort of grown up adult, I'd say no. I know she's adorable and cute and who can resist such cuteness, but $1500 for her is way over the top. I've been wanting a mini too, but I'm not going to pay more for a mini than I can sell a full size horse for, at least not at this stage of the game. If I realllllllllly wanted a mini, I'd:

1. Save up $500 as my purchase money
2. Save up $1000 as an emergency fund that wasn't to be touched unless she got sick
3. Start shopping and looking for people who need sell a mini for reasonable but not commit to anything until I had the necessary money saved up
4. See if you can find a mini farm near you that's willing to mentor you (should be a farm that breeds, buys, sells and shows the kind of minis you want)
5. Go buy your mini when everything is in place

That might take you a year or two, but by the time you find the right mini, you'll have plenty of money for the purchase and care of a small horse and you'll have learned enough about minis to be able to spot a real good deal when you find it.

This is awesome advise as well. There are so many horses, including mini's, that are being tossed away. I would save the money, put it away for emergency funds and a payment fund. You can get a nice mini for way less than that amount. And with color if that is what you are looking at.

Labor of Love Arabians

By God's grace

Home of :

Tsultans Tsalley (Ivanhoe Tsultan x Missy Araborra)
Velvet Darqness (Tahr x Darg Velvet)
Foundation mare:
Mai Fantasy (Botswana x Ramses Glory B)

Posted Image