Photo

Aristocrat Mares

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
136 replies to this topic

#1 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:46 AM

Hi All,

I just thought we could start a thread for all the Great Mares! I'm just getting into this breeding thing with Arabians and there is so much info on the stallions, but what about the GIRLS?!!!!!!!!!!

I was always taught to look at the dam line for the strength's and attributes that I like in a horse, so I'm starting a thread for the Girl's. Hoping this is an educational and fun look at the mares of this wonderful breed!

I'll start by saying I just bought a mare, Caraechstrodinair, and I've been told her sire's dam line is full of SUPER STARS!
If anyone has any info they would like to share about, BEY TEYNA & TW FORTEYNA, I would love to hear all about them!

Thanks!
Tamara

Caraechstrodinair
Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#2 tapperjockey

tapperjockey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

Well, for in depth information on them, try contacting Pat at Tradewinds Arabians.. They are the breeders of the famous TW mares :bigemo_harabe_net-122: I've heard of them, but don't have much info off hand unfortunately.

And if anyone has info (or Pictures ;)) on the following great mares, I'd love it :)
Sedi Sedjur (sister to Bint Sahara)
Nasra

#3 Nefis Sarri

Nefis Sarri

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

they were one of the first people to breed they mare TW A Melody to echstrordinary this combined the Blood of Rydells Majurai ( dam of Melody ) and TW Forteyna granddam of EChstrordinary they got 2 beautiful fillies one owned or used to be owned by Susan Skow owner of Painted Intimidator and the other one or maybe it's the same one don't know is owned by another farm forget their name they aslo own Glorieus By JK Amadeus out of TW FamenGlory 3/4 sister to TW Shahnia Bey and her full sisters TW Fantashah Bey and TW Bey Fantasy the last 2 ere bought bu Lenita Peroy and have had some wonderful babies, by ali Jamaal .. they also have a full brother Shahcago

Shahnia Bey died last year however she left a fantastic colt by QR Excel who was just sold recently ..

Pat and Carl are very conciencious small breeders who year after year produce nice foals and who's intergrity is wonderful to see and I'm proud to call them my mentors. BARB
MarRoy International Arabians

Home of "Ivanna Do Things My Vay" LOL aka MarRoy Aja Sarri ( Pending)

Website is work in progress

HELLO
You have reached Computer Simpleton all our operators are out to lunch, so thank you for your patience and understanding ...If you are a glutton for punishment you can drop us a PM or a message.we will definately answer although you may regret that we ever did. ... Clueless in Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

#4 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:40 PM

Sedi Sedjur was selected as a "golden hen" breeding Davenport mare. Her line was highly valued in the Northwest and up into the 80's was always mentioned as a valued, quality line. Sedi was a full sister being out of Bint Sedjur(Ribal) and by Farawi to the "blue hen" BINT SAHARA, the dam of Fadjur and Fersara who produced the famous Ferzon.

Bint Sedjur (Ribal) a granddaughter of *Wadduda, a chestnut mare, 1899, imported by Homer Davenport, AHRA 30.
Bint Sahara AHRA 2394, Grey, May 21, 1942
Sedi Sedjur AHRA 3366, Bay, February 22, 1945 = = 13 foals; 6 fillies, 1 gelding, 6 stallions - Here is what is left of her line.

Bala Baha, AHRA 8023, Bay, February 3, 1952 = = 4 foals, 3 fillies and 1 gelding SO FAR LINE APPEARS TO HAVE ENDED
Bahala, AHRA 11423, Chestnut, May 10, 1956 = = 8 foals; 4 fillies, 3 geldings, 1 stallion
Alhala exported to Canada
Sho Om Ballerina (6 foals)
Sh The Tigress AHRA 171043 has 7 descendants with one 1997 mare, NOT DNA'd, nothing breeding on so far LINE ENDED SO FAR
Valhala, AHRA , Bay NO FOALS BREEDING ON
Brillantes Jewel, AHRA , Chestnut NO FOALS

Basedi, AHRA 9180, Bay, July 31, 1954 = = 11 foals; 4 fillies, 5 geldings, 2 stallions Appears to be only 4 females still producing
Sedana = two fillies who each had a filly but NONE are breeding on - LINE ENDS
El Sedi = 6 foals, 5 fillies
Rakael - LINE DEAD
Bint Rakafix - LINE DEAD
Leucretia - 4 fillies - one with no foals
granddaughter Mi Kira has 2 fillies, 1990 and 1992 with NO FOALS
Leuzette has 5 fillies
one has 2 fillies with no foals
three have NO FOALS
one had a filly who now has a 2002 filly - that's all
Leurissa has 2 fillies, 1986 & 1990 with NO FOALS
Ellise - LINE DEAD
WB Arissa has from one daughter, 89 and 93 with NO FOALS
Fur Ellise has no foals to breed on
El Sedra - NO FOALS
Nadiya = 2 fillies, one has a 1999 filly and the other has a 1999 granddaughter
Bint Basedi - 2 other daughters have NO FOALS
Sitkaa
TS Foolish April
2000 filly

Sara Bint Sedi had only one daughter APPEARS LINE MAY BE ENDED
Gai-Estelle - has one other daughter producing who had one filly Kor Desiree who had one filly Sil-A-Ree AHR 318307 with NO FOALS
Esme-Sil AHRA 236671 has 2 fillies, one in 1992 and one in 1998, neither producing.

Virginia Dare, AHRA 23723, Bay, April 20, 1963 = = 9 foals; 6 fillies, 3 stallions APPEARS HOPES HERE ARE WITH one 2002 filly, three 2001 AND one 1999 FILLIES
So Rare - no foals
Virginia Roseann - no foals
D-Angie Dare - 4 fillies NONE TO CARRY ON -- LINE GONE
Malia Dare
Lia Liberty Dare - 3 fillies (2001 filly)
Aliyah Dare has a 1999 and 2001 filly
Cherie Dare - 3 fillies, none breeding on
Kharia Dare
Peaches N Creeme
Gold N Jewel -- no fillies -
Virginia Reel - 6 fillies (below only producers with no foals to breed on)
Mas Guinevere - Exported with her filly
TF Fascination has only 1 filly with foals who has a filly with no foals (1988)
Bey Viriginia - 4 fillies (2 with no foals)
LH Sorority Girl has 2 fillies, 1997 & 1998, no foals
2000 filly
Dare - Only hope here is one young 2002 filly
Dara Mia had 3 fillies with NO FOALS
Latoura Dare had 8 fillies
Scandalous has no females to breed on
Anadare has one daughter who has 2 daughters, 1995 and 1998 neither had produced any foals
Scarlet O Dare no fillies
Latoura Rose no fillies
Latoura Gal - 1997 filly with no foals
Latoura Echo - one filly, 2002
Latoura Dream - Exported with her filly
JMF Daretodream - 1998 foal and no foals

Virginia Belle, AHRA 35447, Bay, May 5, 1966 = = 11 foals; 6 fillies, 3 geldings, 2 stallions Three mares are still producing and other than that one 1999 filly and one 2002 filly are the hope so far.
NZ Mia Belle - 3 fillies
WN Tanya Belle - LINE DEAD
WN Aramus Belle - 4 fillies (2 with no foals)
Snowbelle -- nothing to breed on LINE DEAD
City Belle has one granddaughter producing with a 1997 (no foals) and 1999 filly
WN Liberty Belle - 4 fillies (other 3 no foals)
Samirabelle had 2 fillies, either no fillies or nothing breeding on from the 1980's
WN Southern Belle - 3 fillies (2 LINE DEAD)
WN Sultress has 2 fillies producing with 2001 and 2002 foals
VP Mohagany Moon - 4 fillies (three with no foals)
Velvet-K-Diamond has started producing, so far no fillies
VP Belladonna - 2 fillies (one with NO FOALS)
VP AnythingbutShai - has one 2002 filly
VP Bellaire - two daughters with NO FOALS - - LINE APPEARS DEAD
VP Belles Legacy - still producing but no fillies

Shamrock AHRA 4971 Chestnut, March 17, 1948 = = 8 foals; 3 fillies, 2 gelding, 3 stallions Follow this down -- the line has ended -- gone forever
Shamarlane AHRA 8892, Chestnut, April 10, 1953 = = 8 foals; 6 fillies, 1 stallion, 1 gelding
Falana, AHRA 15214, Chestnut, Jun3 14, 1959 = = 7 foals; 4 fillies, 1 gelding, 2 stallions
Melana, AHRA 112556 NO FOALS
Falazy, AHRA 127040 - one filly with No Foals
Sutina, AHRA 15175 NO FOALS
Falaine, AHRA 44526, Chestnut, April 17, 1967 = = 5 foals; ONE filly, 3 geldings, 1 stallion
Flemita, AHRA 11255, Chestnut, March 16, 1974 = = 2 foals, 2 fillies -- - one filly, Carmeleta, AHRA 279335 has 4 descendants, NONE breeding on --- other filly, Arorra, AHRA 333386 had one filly who has no descendants. LINE ENDS
Shamritez, AHRA 39256, Bay, March 4, 1966 = = NO FOALS & LINE ENDS, deceased May 25, 1973
Wytezera, AHRA 68879, Bay, June 7, 1970 = = 2 foals; ONE filly and 1 gelding
Baskezerra, AHRA 240399 = = NO FOALS & LINE ENDS

#5 twarab

twarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:49 PM

Tamara, since you live in Northern California...you really need to make a trip to Pleasanton and see Bey Teyna. Even after having quite a few foals and not being a youngster anymore, she is breathtaking! Also at Cory's place are her full sister, Bey Sonya and brother Bey Tribute. Cory tends to geld the colts...both Tribute and Echstrordinary were gelded but sired some great foals before they were gelded.

The lady who bred the mare that you bought has done a fantastic DVD tribute to TW Forteyna, you might ask her if you can get a copy.

Many years ago, we wanted to start breeding and used the mare, Surima, as our "backbone". She was owned by a close friend and we knew the mare and her quality. She is an Aristocrat mare and it is amazing to go through the list in Arab Horse World and see the Aristocrat Mares that trace to Surima. She definitely made an impact in the Arabian breed. One of our first mares was Tapiola, a bay mare by Sur-Grande out of Karelia, a Surima daughter. She was a pretty mare, kind of "chunky". We wanted a little more elegance and stretch so hauled her to Santa Ynez to breed to *Fortel. TW Forteyna being the result. At this time, she is still the leading dam of Champions. I wonder how the multiple foals mares can now have will change the Aristocrat list. It has always been fun to me to see a mare do it one baby at a time.

Being small breeders and not showing lots of our foals, we still have been fortunate to own or breed some great Aristocrat Mares. Gioiella, TW Bey Firelite, Raydells Madurai. Our TW Shania Bey by Bey Shah+ out of Gioiella had only 3 foals before she died but all 3 were Champions. Our mare by Fame VF+ out of Gioiella has also had 3 Champions. We are the breeders of the dam and grand-dam of the Aristocrat Mare, Sanraffona.

We still own some great mares but don't breed as much so the mares don't have as much opportunity to produce foals. One of our most recent Champions...TW A Melody (JK Amadeus x Raydells Madurai) bred to *Marwan al Shaqab produced a gorgeous filly that was this years Region 9 Champion Sweepstakes. The really fun part is some of the mares that we own now are 3rd or more generation of mares we have owned and bred.

Echstrordinary was a big, bold horse with lots of bone and substance. Lots of power. Before being gelded, there were I think two times they did a spread in the Arabian Horse World. I remember advertising with them. Cory may still have some of the printouts of the ads.

Carl likes to handle the young horses and play with the babies...I just love the old mares. The "pasture girls" are mine! I like to go out and just brush them and hang out with them.

As Barb mentioned above, we had the two fillies by Echstrordinary. One was sold to Iowa. Unfortunately, she died at age 3. The other filly is in Co at Valentine Arabs.

Good luck with your new mare. Her dam side is really athletic also! How about more photos???

If you cannot find any information about Bey Teyna, Forteyna and Echstrordinary I can look and see if I have any of the ad printouts. My problem is that I am the most disorganized person alive and although I keep things I can never find them!

Pat
www.tradewindsarabians
Trade Winds Arabians......breeders of "TW" Arabians since 1963!

#6 Nefis Sarri

Nefis Sarri

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

OMG So sorry to hear that She passed on, Pat ... I knew that Susan didn't have her on website and I wondered why ; But didn't even think she was gone.BARB
MarRoy International Arabians

Home of "Ivanna Do Things My Vay" LOL aka MarRoy Aja Sarri ( Pending)

Website is work in progress

HELLO
You have reached Computer Simpleton all our operators are out to lunch, so thank you for your patience and understanding ...If you are a glutton for punishment you can drop us a PM or a message.we will definately answer although you may regret that we ever did. ... Clueless in Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

#7 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

Tamara asked if I could post some pictures of the aristocrat mares . I have a huge collection of pictures and I will stick the mares on here in no real order . They will be from the AHW list and I'll put their breeding and the number of champion foals . If someone else would like to post more info about them that would be great . If no one does I'll come back and add info about their foals

#8 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:22 PM

Wow, Thanks Pat!

I didn't know Cory still had Bey Teyna. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip down. I knew Echstrodinary pretty well after he was gelded. He's one of the most beautiful horses I've seen. If my hubby would have agreed to another gelding he would be mine. I'll have to ask Tracey about the DVD. I'd love to see it.

Tribute is another horse with a great spirit. I hope he and Cory share many miles together.

I would love it if anyone could share a copy of the AHW Article on TW Forteyna. I like to keep baby books for all of my foals that included things like that from their family tree.

Pat your horses are amazing, I have admired them since my introduction to Arabians 4 yrs. ago. I can't believe we haven't actually met! I think we're in many of the same places at the same time just doing different things. I've been showing for the past 4 yrs. mostly in the SH classes & Dressage, but I do wander around quite a bit taking photos.

I know I have some great ones of Echstrodinary, I'll have to send those to Dean and post later.

Here another photo I took of Carli when she was 3 yrs.
]

Posted Image

Cheers,
Tamara

Tamara asked if I could post some pictures of the aristocrat mares . I have a huge collection of pictures and I will stick the mares on here in no real order . They will be from the AHW list and I'll put their breeding and the number of champion foals . If someone else would like to post more info about them that would be great . If no one does I'll come back and add info about their foals

Thanks Val!!!!!!!
If anyone has any stories to share about these mares please do tell! I know many of us would love to read them!

Cheers,
Tamara

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#9 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

*Gdynia ( Comet x Gwozdawa ) AHW list with 6 champion foals 1967 US Reserve Nat'l Chmp western pleasure

Posted Image

Carinosa ( *Serafix X *Caliope) AHW list with 11 champions , she also had an incredible show record

Posted Image

Habina ( Hallany Mistanny x Binni ) AHW list 7 champions 1966 Canadian Reserve Nat'l Chmp mare and many other wins

Posted Image

#10 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

This is from the AHW story about TW Forteyna

TW Forteyna as an older mare age 24

Posted Image

her mother Tapiola with owner Pat