Photo

Region 10 Help, Please?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 biarIMPRESSIVE

biarIMPRESSIVE

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hello, I'm new to the forum but also new to the arab circuit.
I have a 15 year old 1/2 arab 1/2 qh (registered on arab side) gelding. He stands at about 15.5 hands.
I was wondering if I could get any or all the info I can on the circuit (region 10), or if it's worth it at all to even start showing at arab shows now, since my horse is getting a little older, and my friend who shows Arab told me that you typically stop showing Arabians once it reaches about 6 years old?

Anyways, we show English better than Western, but we like to do both.
ANY advice or hints or information would help me out a lot!
Thanks!untitled.JPG

#2 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Welcome to ABN, Arabians are considered junior until 6 years old, They start their Adult show career at 6 :)

Dean

#3 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

I see Dean has already explained that Arabs are really just getting started in a serious performance career at 6. The average amateur is riding a 10 to 20 year old. Many are older.

I am going to send you a PM as well.

As for the shows in your region contact Laura M as she is your regional director and can probably give you the info you need.

Good luck!

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#4 Delightful

Delightful

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

I do not think that there is really any age that is too old to show Arab circuit. I think that depends more on your horse's condition. You might want to consider coming out to one of the club shows in the region to watch and see if it is something you might enjoy. There are also numerous community shows in the region that might be interesting as well. Where in the region are you located?
Heather
Moonlit Ridge Arabians
Proud mom of

Magic Delight AD (*Magic Domino AHS+++// x Delights Joi AD) - 2007 purebred filly
2009 SHN Top Ten PB Sport Horse In Hand Jackpot Fillies

HA Lehazon (Garnizon x Shoaleh) - 1997 purebred mare

Co- mom of WR Princessa (Sir Fames HBV x Lillian) - 2009 purebred filly

In loving memory of Rio Risadda "Clyde" (Rio Lobo x Cheri Risadda) - 1988 purebred gelding

A successful life is not measured by what is accomplished, but by what is overcome to accomplish it.

#5 deettah

deettah

deettah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Yes, definitely contact Laura M and in you're in Minnesota take a look at www.NMAHA.com or lookup Minnesota Arabian Horse Assoc. that will give you plenty of into regarding area show, you can also go to www.arabianhorses.org and look up show on AHA's site. Good luck and welcome to ABN!

Hopeless and devoted to Rose, Akeem, Rosita, Graace and Junior

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#6 biarIMPRESSIVE

biarIMPRESSIVE

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

I do not think that there is really any age that is too old to show Arab circuit. I think that depends more on your horse's condition. You might want to consider coming out to one of the club shows in the region to watch and see if it is something you might enjoy. There are also numerous community shows in the region that might be interesting as well. Where in the region are you located?

Rochester, MN

#7 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

Rochester, MN

welcome to ABN! today and tomorrow there is a Minnesota Arabian Horse Association show held at the MN Equestrian Center in Winona, MN. this is a little less than an hour from you - might be a wonderful opportunity for you to go and watch a Class A show and learn from watching. i agree with the others, arabians are well-known for having performance careers into their 20's if not beyond. as with anything, it is a matter of training and conditioning. i have to work all weekend, otherwise i would be up at the MN Eq center watching the show myself. my horse and i are not ready for the performance ring quite yet, but we will be showing later on this summer.

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image