201 replies to this topic

#121 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

I have a nice, older style Oldenburg mare I am interested in breeding to an arabian stallion. Can anyone make any recommendations of where to start looking?
Stallion must be elastic in his movement, with a good, pushing hindleg. No trailing hocks, please. Prefer strong coupled with an excellent loin connection.
Her pedigree:

http://www.sporthors...om/d?i=10542706

She is pictured in her teens, after having several foals, hence her dropped topline.

She a lovely mare. There are a couple of extremely nice Arabian stallions that if this mare was mine I would seriously look into, Magic Aulrab, Aul Turbo Charged & Golden Essence. Magic Aulrab is about as good as it gets when you want to improve the loin and shoulder on any mare, he is well proven to do just that. He also has 3 lovely gaits, including a real canter. I LOVE my MA colt from this year! Huge walk, trot and canter, plus he has a super disposition. The Aulrab line is very well known for correctness and overall trainability. Aul Turbo Charged is another very lovely representative on this sire line. Both stallions have solid pedigrees that are jammed packed with athletes. Golden Essence is another one to look at, different pedigree with El Shaklan & russian breeding. He's very beautiful, big and correct! I really loved this horse when I saw him at SHN. Very very nice boy!

Good luck in your search!

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#122 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

I have a nice, older style Oldenburg mare I am interested in breeding to an arabian stallion. Can anyone make any recommendations of where to start looking?
Stallion must be elastic in his movement, with a good, pushing hindleg. No trailing hocks, please. Prefer strong coupled with an excellent loin connection.
Her pedigree:

http://www.sporthors...om/d?i=10542706

She is pictured in her teens, after having several foals, hence her dropped topline.

Nice mare!
MaryJo

#123 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Interests:Horses,Dogs,Art,Music,Travel and maybe having a day off!!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Funny you would forget Aulways Magic+/ Tamcam he is a full Brother to Turbo by Aul Magic. Aulways Magic won Res. National Champion 2ed level at Sport horse Nationals this year. He was also Top Ten in 1st level and Top Ten Stallion in Hand in OPEN AND ATH! Also Top Ten Show Hack!! I have had him since March and he is a wonderful boy with a great hind end! He is working all the 3rd level movements and will be ready for Scottsdale in 3rd level and maybe 4th-he is really learning to sit with his big strong rear end!! ;)
He had his first foals this year and they are very nice. We plan to get him approved for Oldenburg when he gets his FEI scores -probably in 2013 if not sooner-he is a quick learner ;)
The only Oldenburg approved Arabian stallion that is still breeding is OKW Entrigue+++// and he is siring some super nice babies. I trained and showed a 4 yr old this year that was Region 3 res. Champion 1st level and Champion SHIH gelding and champion SHUS jr. all at one show! He also showed at Pebble Beach Open USDF show under Olympic Judge Linda Zang-when I finished my test she stopped me and asked "Is he 100% Arabian?" I said yes and she went on and on about how he "Is such a good mover with a great hind end" and she "Had never seen a purebred Arabian so balanced" she gave him a 73%! He also is 16.1 as a 4yr and such a great work ethic!! I love working with his babies they all are so smart and want to please!!
Pictures -the grey OKW Entrigue the chestnut Aulways Magic

Attached Thumbnails

• Aullie good trot shn'11.jpg
  • ricky demo trot 2011 scots.jpg

USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com

#124 Maigray

Maigray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

If it helps, these are the 4 purebred Arabian stallions in the U.S., currently available as sires, who have competed at the FEI level:

OKW Entrigue (he's been mentioned above)
HSA Haley's Comet
Tristtan - http://www.tristtan.com/
KB Omega Fahim - https://kerriganbloo...ga_Fahim___.php

#125 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

If it helps, these are the 4 purebred Arabian stallions in the U.S., currently available as sires, who have competed at the FEI level:

OKW Entrigue (he's been mentioned above)
HSA Haley's Comet
Tristtan - http://www.tristtan.com/
KB Omega Fahim - https://kerriganbloo...ga_Fahim___.php

There is Ta'ez as well http://www.brightfut...nstallions.html
MaryJo

#126 BIGGER

BIGGER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Interests:Horses,Dogs,Art,Music,Travel and maybe having a day off!!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

There is Ta'ez as well http://www.brightfut...nstallions.html

Unfortunately he isn't breeding anymore :( that is why I say Ricky is the Only Approved Arabian actively breeding stallion for Oldenburg. Ta'ez is approved but not breeding. He does have some nice older offspring though ;)
USDF GOLD MEDALIST
Glynnsong Farms home of
OKW Entrigue+++// SIX time National Champion-Grand Prix Arabian stallion Oldenburg Approved breeding stallion! National Champion Enlightened
Encandecsent First Purebred Arabian colt branded Oldenburg! 8.5 on Movement!
glynnsongfarms.com

#127 sixpoundfarm

sixpoundfarm

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thanks everyone. This would be a breeding for myself, so I would not limit it to only Oldenburg approved stallions.

#128 Maigray

Maigray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

You could also start looking through the Sport Horse Nationals Payback listings. It's designed to promote the sires and offspring who compete at the Arabian/Half-Arabian Sport Horse Nationals, which is a division of the show scene devoted to the sport disciplines (dressage, hunters, jumpers, eventing, etc.)

http://shnpayback.org/

#129 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

Patience, I just thought you'd like to have the honor of mentioning him Posted Image.

I think its important to keep an open eye out for ALL Arabian stallions when breeding for sport. Since this breed doesn't have a system for determining any sport discipline breeding programs. Many Arabians are very suited to produce a dressage or jumper prospect. I have found that many of the crabbet, polish, russian, spanish & old egyptian lines are quite nice and will offer a lot to a warmblood mare. Mortazavi Farm in Lincoln, CA has been producing some very nice sport horse that are just now getting into the arena under saddle. Akdar Brins is their stallion, he's SE with very good bone, hooves and correct in his gaits. Plus, he's very good sized at 15.1+. His foals are all taller than their dams. They are very sweet, trainable and super easy to handle. Wish I had a TB or Hano mare to breed to him.

My personal list for breeding to a WB mare:

Magic Aulrab - has a Hano cross foal due in 2012 (can't wait to see this one!)
Akdar Brins
Magic Domino AHS
RR Gar-sun
IXL Noble Express
Golden Essence
Bonne Vivant+++/ (could be a very nice cross with a Hano mare!)

I would also like to add, but haven't seen them in person
Cardsharp
Saroriusz

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#130 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

I'm looking to go the other way. I'm wanting to breed my Arabian mare to a WB. I looked at Pablito. They never responded to my email, however. The breeding manager from Iron Springs Farm did reply that two of their stallions have bred Arab mares. Has any looked at their stallions?